All Things Mötley Crüe

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boswell, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident Thread Starter

God bless you, sir!

artfromtex and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

Nikki and Tommy are very unlikeable

Vince has done a lot of stupid things in his life but he's a straight shooter

Mick is just Mick

3. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

All songwriting Bass players, of which as a Bass player alone I consider Way the best by far. Sixx is very basic, and Harris live has the worst fret noise known to man. Harris is great on the albums though.

As for the Crue, I like everything up to and including Generation Swine. Seeing footage of Vince singing in the 00's on YT made it clear I wasn't gonna attend a farewell gig. Gotta deliver the goods or I stay home. For me the closest to a good guy in the band is Mick. Maybe I think that because he speaks the least. I liked how the other band mates were intimidated by him in the movie. I have no idea if that portrayal was true.

4. jason88cubs

The funny thing is people are still talking about Queen since the movie and i feel like the radio stations I listen to are playing much more Queen and even Queen songs I never heard on radio very often but not a lot of people are talking Crue and I aint hearing a lot of their songs on radio, though I did hear "The Dirt" on radio and it was pretty awful, I could hardy hear Vince in the mix, which is probably good

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

Just stopping by with your bi-yearly reminder that the Mick Mars solo album remains on backorder. This message is set to automatically repeat in six months.

6. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

I hope ya like it buddy :)

7. Use_Your_Koala

Use_Your_Koala Forum Resident

Been a while since I've posted here crüeheads ! While we're -hopelessely- waiting for Mick Mars' Chinese Democracy, I figured this might be a good time to reflect back on the 4 new tracks we got with The Dirt soundtrack. My opinion has changed quite a lot since their release, and I wondered if some if you felt the same....

As for the Title track (which gained this title and status quite late in the recording process, as you guys know, they couldn't really chose between the original material they recorded, hence the presence of the words "the dirt" in all the songs), I think I like it just as much. Love the intro! The track pumps thanks mostly to Tommy despite a fairly weak chorus. MGK's rap part fils well, but is more percussive than it is actually well written. I love Mick's (I hope they are all Mick's but seeing neither Ashba's or Michael's names in the liner notes bodes well) wall of guitars and solo.

I really didn't like Ride when I first heard it. It plodes a bit but I now appreciate the sleazy rythm they seemed to be going for. Love the "Ooh Ooh Oohs" during the bridge. Is Tommy doing the "Just Gimme the Dirt" backing vocals near the end?

Now Crash and Burn is to me the real gem of the compilation. Love the heaviness of the whole track proving the Crüe can still bring it! Even the bravado and the self-referential lyrics (which really ruin most of SOLA for me) don't bother me at all. Nice BVs once again even if they have been tinkered with to hell. To me this track is better than any of the compilation/stand alone tracks released since the 1998 GH, and is as good as Bitter Pill and Enslaved. Better than the whole SOLA album but that's not saying much.

And... the cover. Well. I love it. Vince sings the verses a bit too high for my liking but when the tempo drops during the chorus... Oh my Madonna, sounds great. Very nice arrangement all around. And yes, I know how weird it sounds to have Vince Neil singing about being a virgin (like he remembers that ) but wasn't that the whole point of the original as well? Still honestly surprised at the amount of Internet "hate" it got.

8. Boswell

I think THE DIRT and the VIRGIN cover are the best two and the other two are not even listenable. I'll give them another try here in the next few days.

9. Boswell

I'm kinda lost in the land of TOOL what with the new album coming out at month's end. There's a band that every single album is strong and something to be proud of. I wish my beloved Crue could have kept the ship afloat and released consistently strong music. Such a damaged band in every way :cry:

Queezma and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. jason88cubs

TBH I forgot about the new songs

11. Boswell

12. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

They are the worst with these Anniversary packages. No live DVD from the era or bonus tracks aside from what the have given us the past 20 years? Band-aids?? :blah:

13. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I thought they did just one anniversary edition so far?

Queezma likes this.
  14. Boswell

They've already released all they have in the "archives". Only the TOO FAST 40th could be a beautiful legacy set if they remastered and released all the old demos and bought some of the 1981 bootlegs that are in the hands of collectors.
    This is a garbage set, I can't imagine who'd buy it.

15. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I should have said reissue packages. Either way they are 0 for 2.

Pouchkine and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. Matthew Tate

They need to do something big

artfromtex, BA Baracus and Boswell like this.
  17. Matthew Tate

Not true. There are some songs from after generation swine still unreleased. The corabi demos that aren’t released

Boswell likes this.
  18. Boswell

Even just ONE big beautiful set with some great stuff. Do it for 40th TOO FAST and SHOUT. Come on, Nikki!

19. Boswell

Oh, sure. I'm talking 1981-1991 Motley. Not very interested in latter career archival music.

20. BA Baracus

BA Baracus Forum Resident

Just went to the Crue store to check out the White vinyl. I don't own Feelgood on vinyl so was mildly excited when i saw "Limited edition (only 500 available!) white colored vinyl bundled with Dr. Feelgood vinyl slipmat." 500 is a super low number. But from what i can tell, the white vinyl alone, nor the slipmat are Limited to 500. You can buy the White vinyl alone and it doesn't mention the limited run. And the slipmat comes in the black vinyl bundle and no mention of a limited run. SO Its just the pairing in the bundle thats limited?! Ridiculous. Am I missing something?

Boswell, Queezma and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

I remember when they put out the 20th Anniversary of Feelgood (on CD) but didn’t buy it then because there wasn’t anything as added bonus (maybe the same bonus tracks as the Crucial Crue Remaster) other than the cardboard slip case with the Crue Fest 2 tour dates. Or is my memory failing me....
    But yes....missed opportunity here for the 30th. Could have released the video footage of the Alpine Valley shows (used to compile the S.O.S Video)

22. jason88cubs

I just think its funny how Nikki always trashed the Girlsx3 album but 2 years ago foir the 30th anniversary he was all "its a really good album, there's a lot of good stuff on their"

23. Boswell

Yep, this 30th will be the exact same Crucial Crue release.

Matthew Tate and Queezma like this.
  24. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

But was the 20th the same as the Crucial Crue release as well?

Matthew Tate and Boswell like this.
  25. Boswell

I THINK it was. I guess we could google and check but I can't be bothered!
    If this 30th has something new I'd be interested in the non-deluxe-with-crap version.

Matthew Tate and Queezma like this.