Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I thought the same thing but there are a lot who like him as well. I find it interesting that WWE was trying to get him as he talks bad about them from time to time but he seems to be gracious about his time there. I remember seeing him in the late 80's for his short time there and I liked what he did. I think mainly he worked with Titan Video but he used to do those little segments on Prime Time Wrestling.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

wasn't he a jerk to the brain about wanting to say something when gorilla monsoon passed away? just that I would think would keep him on the avoid list by vince

3. MikeInFla

Tony went in depth about the issue on his podcast at one point and seemed sincerely sorry for any incidents he had with Bobby. I don't know if they made peace or not, I don't remember.

There were rumors that you and Bobby had heat. Was that an exaggerated or was that something that got worked out?

"No, that got worked out. We did have heat. It was, Bobby got fired. I handled it the wrong way because I was Bobby's… actually, I was in charge of all the announcers for WCW. Now, Raj, when I was in charge of all the announcers in WCW, that means I just approved all their expense reports. That's all. But they would just pawn it off on me. And Heenan got fired and when Heenan got fired, I got a call from Craig Leathers that day at my house because I wasn't at the office. Craig said, 'we just fired Heenan' and this was, they fired him because they were cutting back, cutting back, cutting back, and he said, 'you're probably going to get a call from Bobby, but as your supervisor, I want to tell you, do not take that call. Do not talk to him.' And I said, 'What? What do you mean?' And he said, 'well, he has threatened a lawsuit, so don't talk to him.' I said, 'okay. I won't.' Well, me being a good worker and a company guy, I didn't call him. I should have told Craig, 'okay, I won't call him' and turned around and still called him as a friend. And he was very angry about that and said some very unkind things about me, some of which are not true, and I understand his anger. But years later, we were doing a video game together in Cincinnati, a video game for which none of us got paid for, and we mended our ways. But he did say to me upon parting, he said, 'I'm glad all of this got worked out - call me sometimes'. I said, 'okay, I will.' And I didn't and he probably got mad at me again because Heenan was always one of those guys who wanted to hear from his friends. He'd call you and want you to call him. I did't call him. And, of course, I understand how ill he has been as of late, so that's kind of, in a nutshell, the story with me and Heenan.

"It was my fault I didn't call him and he was very angry with me and had a right to be because I should have told Craig, 'I won't call him' and still called him and told Craig, 'yeah, I didn't call him.'

Not sure if this will work or not: Audioboom: What Happened When

Scroll down to episode 27.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Matthew Tate

that's nice he seems to have made amends and taking the blame but this was when gorilla died I heard he tried to get WCW to block the brain from making any mention of the death of his friend and vince jr was very good friends with gorilla

5. MikeInFla

From what Tony has said the only thing he asked Bobby before the broadcast was "did you clear this with Eric?". Bobby said no and it kind of worried Tony but he denies trying to stop him from saying anything.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. MikeInFla

This is hilarious. Most of us have seen this debut however there is one more odd thing about it a friend pointed out to me. At 1:02 Flair leaves out the backdoor and someone puts up a cardboard cut out hahaha. Good stuff

7. Matthew Tate

my friend remember the flair cutout

Sammy Banderas and MikeInFla like this.
  8. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Twenty some years on and there still are no words. Even if his debut had been perfect it was Freakin' TUGBOAT!
    :wtf:

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

This is incredible! How have I never spotted this before? I always found it funny how the cameras never showed him when Shockmaster burst through but I thought that was to cover up laughter.

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. MikeInFla

It is truly odd all around. The debut of Tugboat as a Stormtrooper and then Flair disappearing and replaced by a cardboard cut out. I never noticed it before either and have seen the clip hundreds of times.

Matthew Tate and FourWalledWorld like this.
  11. MikeInFla

As bad as the above segment is I am surprised Sid remembered all his lines. I half expected him to say this:

Funny how Hall & Nash break character and burst out laughing.

Sammy Banderas likes this.
  12. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Or, according to Dusty, as Cody said while watching at home... "It's Uncle Fred!"

MikeInFla, JamieC, RayS and 1 other person like this.
  13. MikeInFla

Okay, now we can say it: the AEW World Title has apparently been stolen. PWInsider hasconfirmed what many of us already assumed: that the “championship wrestling belt” which was stolen from Jericho while he was eating in a Longhorn Steakhouse was in fact that AEW championship. As of this writing, the case remains open and the investigation is ongoing.

Twitter

RayS, Sammy Banderas and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

RepoMan?

15. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

IRS?

MikeInFla and RayS like this.
  16. MikeInFla

[​IMG]

So @RayS it's a work? LOL! :D

UPDATE 2: If anyone out there thinks the AEW World Championship belt’s theft is a work, guess again. 411 has confirmed some details of the when the theft was reported, including confirmation that a police report was in fact filed.

The Tallahassee Online Police Statistics website does confirm, as you can see below, that an incident report was taken on September 1st at 7:13 PM local time at the location of Longhorse Steakhouse in regards to a Grand Theft that was committed. These details coincide with the screenshot that surfaced earlier today of the incident report.

[​IMG]

Chris Jericho on Twitter watch Chris's video. The thread is funny, even Arby's responded to him

Matthew Tate and Sammy Banderas like this.
  17. RayS

Whoever stole that belt ... just made the list.

Sammy Banderas and MikeInFla like this.
  18. RayS

Already 10x better than the "Who tried to kill Roman Reigns?" angle. :)

Matthew Tate and Sammy Banderas like this.
  19. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Not if they can get Erick Rowan over with it.

20. MikeInFla

– We previously reported that just days after he won it, the AEW World Championship was stolen from Chris Jericho while he was out for dinner at a Longhorn Steakhouse. A police report was filed and Chris Jericho posted a video in character claiming he was starting a “worldwide investigation” for the location of the belt. This morning, the City of Tallahassee Police Department posted a photo to Facebook claiming they found the belt, which AEW then posted to their Twitter. Notice the current champion LOL

[​IMG]

JPagan and Sammy Banderas like this.
  21. RayS

Assuming they even HAVE a plan for this angle, I feel like it is going to loop back around to a Roman vs. Bryan angle with Rowan on the periphery anyway. They didn't need a month of vignettes (which have been replayed to death) to get Rowan over. All they needed to do was to have him turn on Bryan, maybe after Bryan caught him not using the recycling bin. :)

EDIT: Now the Bayley heel turn, on the other hand, I applaud. She's been getting lukewarm responses (in some venues even out and out booed), so the time was definitely right. Last night on "Smackdown" she got the hottest reaction she's gotten in a very long time. She's never worked as a heel in NXT or WWE, so it should be interesting to see how she pulls this off.

Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.
  22. jmobrien68

Was just busting chops on the Reigns angle.

I love when wrestling makes 'sense'... I can totally buy into Bayley's justification for turning 'heel'... she's loyal to her friend, not just beating up a babyface for no other reason than a reboot.

I also have no idea where the Reigns/Bryan/Rowan angle is going... I just want to see Luke Harper back on TV.

RayS likes this.
  23. jmobrien68

That's a nice looking belt... anything Jericho does is gonna get over #littlebitofthebubbly

RayS, Matthew Tate and Sammy Banderas like this.
  24. MikeInFla

I gotta say I agree. Most of the stuff he does is quite silly but when HE does it, it comes off great. I'm not sure anyone else could pull this stuff off. #alittlebitofbubbly is trending. And now he has his title back and claims that HE is the one who found it. This is pretty good stuff and quite funny. #thankyou @IAmJericho LoL!

Chris Jericho on Twitter <---- His latest video about finding it himself. And because he found it he deserves a Thank You haha

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. jmobrien68

WWE security should also be thanking Jericho for all of the new 'little bit of the bubbly' shirts they will soon be bringing home after confiscating them during live broadcasts.

MikeInFla likes this.