Erased band members?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ghost of Ziggy, Sep 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Brian Jones is probably the biggest example.

They even tried to erase Bill Wyman from old band photos.

Ace & Peter has to be the biggest insult.

Jackstar74, MortSahlFan, reb and 2 others like this.
  2. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident

3. IanM007

IanM007 CDs, please!

Wasn't Mike Anthony airbrushed off the back of 1984 at one point?!

4. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

5. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Bill Ward disappeared from all of the photos that Sabbath posted on their website, twitter and facebook pages back when the were doing The End tour. He magically reappeared now that it is over.

6. DeYoung

DeYoung Forum Resident

7. Ghost of Ziggy

How about Dave Navarro’s stint in RHCP’s? Pretty sure the band excluded him from the hall of fame.

Also Rush did the same with John Rutsey which was a low ball move.

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Jill Gibson, who was with the Mamas and Papas when recording their second album, after they fired Michelle Phillips, until they hired her back.

[​IMG]

According to Wikipedia, 20,000 promo copies with the Jill cover and songs were issued as promos.

In decades of record collecting, I have never seen a single one, in person or even online for sale. So that would seem to be nonsense.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  9. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

In the book " According to The Rolling Songs " , which is really just verbal reminiscences from the band , there' s not so much as a single quote or quip from Jones or Wyman.
    I understand it was supposed to be fresh and new commentary but they could have easily thrown in some old comments from the departed members.

lightbulb, Keith V and Ghost of Ziggy like this.
  10. JozefK

JozefK Forum Resident

You beat me to the punch while I searched for pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ash1, Michael Macrone, iggyd and 4 others like this.
  11. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

In what way?

Dave, GodShifter and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  12. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Karl Bartos and Wolfgang Flur (Kraftwerk)

Bluepicasso, JohnQVD, Echo and 8 others like this.
  13. bataclan2002

bataclan2002 All You Need Is Now.

Linn from Ace of Base (the blonde one) was literally being faded from the group back in 1998. Check out the cover of Cruel Summer/Flowers and notice how her image is out of focus. In the booklet, she is also depicted in the background and out of focus. Strange thing was the band’s website commented at the time that they were attempting to reduce her exposure and increase attention on Jenny (the dark haired one). Linn left Ace of Base in 2007.
    I realize this isn’t exactly what the op had in mind, but seeing the topic “erased band members” I couldn’t resist adding it. I this case the erasure was more literal!

14. Ghost of Ziggy

That’s terrible, I have almost lost complete respect for The Stones lately after giving them chance after chance and passes to put things right,just because I loved the band so much.

The only Stone i still like is Bill & Mick Taylor.

Ronnie’s autobiography says it all, when he likes to think of Jones as really him in a blonde wig, yeah he really said that. I threw that book down in disgust.

15. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Kraftwerk: On the back of the original German edition of "Autobahn" you see Klaus Röder sitting next to Ralf und Florian. On the right is cover designer Emil Schult who had new member Wolfgang Flür's head superimposed. The same personal can be seen in the small dashboard mirror on the front.

Since Kraftwerk weren't too happy with Röders "Jesus" looks, the mirror and the photo on the back "vanished" from subsequent reissues around 1985, the latter being replaced by a liveshot of the classic line up.

Now in 2009 the picture showed up again in the Kling Klang Digital Remaster only that this time the added head of Flür was gone from Emil Schults shoulders. Might have to do with the fact that Flür had written an autobiography that inspired Ralf und Florian to take legal action. :biglaugh:

16. Chuckee

Chuckee Forum Resident

Didn't Fleetwood Mac not want Bob Welch inducted into the R&R Hall of fame. One way of at least lessening his contributions.

17. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

I don't remember if they did 1984, I think it may have only done front covers, but I know he was replaced on the cover of the debut with Wolfgang. And I also recall Women and Children First being changed as well to remove Anthony. The backlash was swift and they quickly removed these abominations from their website. He was also placed into the VH Guitar Hero game even when you play as their young selves from before Wolfgang was born.

Jimmy B. and IanM007 like this.
  18. Ghost of Ziggy

Well I know he didn’t contribute much but he played on the debut but feel he deserved recognition. And the poor guy died & probably broke.

And I love Neil Peart as much as anyone.

vegafleet likes this.
  19. MikeVielhaber

I think they were in a legal battle at the time with Welch and punished him by his exclusion. At least Mick and Christine, from what I've heard.

20. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Them and Jack Sherman (the guitarist on the first album who also co-wrote most Of Freaky Styley).

hanleyp and Ghost of Ziggy like this.
  21. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Yes. A-hole move. It was Bob who relocated the band to California and literally saved the band from imploding.

22. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

I remember noticing that at the time but never read an explanation! It was very odd, because Linn was seemingly the lead singer on all the early hits.

bataclan2002 likes this.
  23. Zoot Marimba

Well Judas Priest removed former drummer Dave Holland from several photos after his arrest and imprisonment on sex offenses.

Likewise, Little Feat have very much distanced themselves from original bassist Roy Estrada since his imprisonment.

24. MikeVielhaber

Glaring omission considering Slovak, Frusciante and Klinghoffer were all included. Klinghoffer, one of the least deserving inductees in the whole thing.

25. Zoot Marimba

I’ve never heard of them deliberately excluding Rutsey from anything.

Purple, DiabloG, Vinyl Socks and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.