Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

2. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

3. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

4. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

5. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Great deal. I wish I could take advantage of it, but since Amazon UK upped their shipping prices to North America it's no longer feasible for me to order from them anymore. :cry:

I'm still quite rotted that Amazon UK more than doubled their shipping rates to North America. I would have accepted a small increase (say 1 GBP or 1.50 GBP), but their new rates are just awful. (Curiously enough, Amazon UK have still not updated the shipping rates on the policy section of their website.)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    latheofheaven and myles like this.
  6. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

it's a shame...same goes for shipment from the US. I find myself using amazon a lot less than before

ptijerm likes this.
  7. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

More accurately, perhaps, is that shipping costs went up from UK to Canada. It's still the same rate to the U.S. as it's been for as long as I've been ordering from amazon.co.uk.

8. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Interesting. I thought someone else had posted earlier in this thread that rates had gone up to the US as well, which is why I said North America. My apologies. Canada only, it is!

latheofheaven likes this.
  9. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Further to the above. I just finished a LONG conversation with an Amazon UK customer service representative. After nearly an hour online, although they were unable to explain why I was charged a different shipping rate than that posted online under their international shipping policies, they did kindly waive the shipping fees for me so I could order the item at the sale price. Their policy might suck, but their customer service definitely does not!

10. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yes, Canada only. US shipping rates from Amazon.co.uk are still quite reasonable.

Then again, Amazon.ca will no longer ship a good portion of their music listings to the US. So it all works out.

ptijerm likes this.
  12. Onrd

Onrd I am not a number

My packages from Amazon Britain seem to be taking forever despite the higher postage costs. I have been waiting over six weeks for some Dvds I ordered.

13. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

latheofheaven and Dennis Metz like this.
  14. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

If you find that you like Giant Sand, then you should check out Howe Gelb, Calexico, OP8 and Friends Of Dean Martinez.

15. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

[​IMG]

Thanks for the list though - sampling Calexico currently :righton:

16. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Thank you #6 :evil:

17. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Last time I ordered (Amazon UK from the US) the shipping cost was at least doubled from what it used to be, so I think you were right in the first place. The cost of the shipping was even more than the cost of the CD that I bought!!

18. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

myles likes this.
  19. myles

Mine came amongst others; I've just got back off hols so I'll soon mine too.

20. Graham

Graham Senior Member

What’s with that cover?!

ptijerm likes this.
  21. myles

It looks better in the flesh. That's a grainy pic although the album are it meant to be grainy I think.

Graham likes this.
  22. Graham

Graham Senior Member

But it’s not the correct cover?!

ptijerm likes this.
  23. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I checked and I am actually wrong on this - I have not ordered direct from Amazon UK since 2018. I had put something in my cart this year but changed my mind because shipping came up double what it used to be so I bought it elsewhere instead. At the time I assumed this meant postage had gone way up on everything like mentioned in this thread for Canadien buyers and I stopped shopping at Amazon UK because of that. I will try again at some point and see if it is the same high shipping once I see something I want on the UK site.

I DID order something from Amazon US site though which confusingly came from a marketplaceseller called "Amazon Global Store UK" recently and that had the normal US shipping charge of about $4. Does anyone know what/who that seller is? Are they just using that name or are they Amazon UK listing now on the US site or what?

24. myles

Ha ha I never knew that! Off to Discogs.

25. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Be careful, and don't count on the shipping prices shown for the 'Global Store' I haven't checked it lately, but when I went to order anything from the UK, it SHOWED the shipping on the sales page as 3.99, but when I put it in my cart, the total for shipping jumped to about $7.99 or more. They may have fixed that disparity by now, I don't know...

PhantomStranger likes this.