Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

I've had it for 2.5 years now, apart from a few software glitches in the beginning, no problems. My advice, once you have a working machine, don't go messing with sw updates. That goes as well for any other sw operated machine imo.
    I don't know of any other product that does everything the Cocktail does. It truly does everything you can think of.
    In those 2 years I got a better external dac and a better preamp so I don't use those functions anymore.
    Tidal,Qobuz, Spotify, whatever...all possible but I don't use them.
    I only 'stream' my own cd/flac library.
    All I need it to do it is rip my new cd's every month. It has wifi, is connected to a database so I just feed it some albums (tags are automatically added, I change them if I want to from my seat with a wireless keyboard connected to it) and let it rip while I listen to some other albums. It has a 5tb hd and I let it back up now and then. It can also record anything connected to it so it is extremely usefull to do some vinylrips from time to time. Or if I want to record a concert on the television, no problem.
    It takes a bit of a learning curve in the beginning though because of all it's capabilities.

2. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Thanks for the details. I have an NAS, so I'd only need to stream from that. Not really interested in any of those streaming services. Still researching options!

PhilBiker and psulioninks like this.
  3. bamaaudio

bamaaudio Forum Resident

My spouse won't tolerate a dedicated listening room even though I own the place. WAF is for the 'lucky guys' who at least get some leeway.

Chilli and sacsongs like this.
  4. Trabik

Trabik Forum Resident

Not a lot of changes in the system - all interconnects are now Blue Jeans Cable LC-1, I bi-wired the speakers using Belden 5000UE, a retipped Denon 103R is on the 'table.

Still need to rewire the SUT and am hoping for new speaker stands in the next few weeks.

In the room, we added the recessed lights above the fire place and got some art on the wall.

[​IMG]

5. JackG

JackG Forum Resident

This video made me pull up that album on Tidal for a sing-along. Been a really long time. What a great record. Ironically the song isn't even on the LP.

6. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Great taste in music too!

Trabik and SandAndGlass like this.
  7. Trabik

Trabik Forum Resident

Murder By Numbers is a great song, it it too bad it isn't on the album. It is included on the Message In A Box release.

8. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Where are your speakers?

9. bever70

Just outside the picture :D. Allthough the big black box (housing 4 front firing woofers) in the middle is part of it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Silverwolf likes this.
  10. bever70

Great piece of art on the wall (the painting) ! And the album matches those colours perfect :righton:.

Trabik likes this.
  11. eflatminor

eflatminor Forum Resident

Personally I wouldn't tolerate the intolerance. We're not lucky, we simply wouldn't allow such a thing to be declined. Discuss options, compromise...sure, but to allow a spouse to refuse a reasonable desire from the person that pays the bills is unacceptable. I say do it and let the spouse deal with it. They'll get over it when they realize they have no choice, guaranteed.

12. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

What seems off to me is the spouse not being on board with a dedicated listening room. Generally WAF applies to aesthetics in shared rooms, and I would expect an “out of sight, out of mind” approach to be more desirable to a spouse who does not want gear in a living room...

13. Trabik

Trabik Forum Resident

14. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

Beautiful space!

Trabik likes this.
  15. bever70

Trabik likes this.
  16. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

I absolutely love your room as well. There are a few of us that still enjoy the Polk SDA Series, after they have been freshened up a bit. And of course, a little George Jones as well.

[​IMG]

17. motorstereo

motorstereo Forum Resident

18. Trabik

Trabik Forum Resident

Yeah, Salt After is a great piece. He’s very early in an abstract phase, which it seems like you and I both find the most interesting.

bever70 likes this.
  19. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

To motorstereo:

My amps are a pair of VAS Audio Citation ll. They are small but mighty, they drive the SDA's effortlessly. And yes, I just installed a 1000VA Dreadnaught, a very nice bump up from the 800VA, in fact a very noticeable difference.

motorstereo likes this.
  20. bamaaudio

bamaaudio Forum Resident

Negotiation is extremely tough with cluster-b women (borderlines/narcissists, etc). "What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine." They're the most crazy but yet addicting people on the planet.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    apesfan likes this.
  21. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

22. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

23. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Cool! Love the dog. Music soothes the already sleepy beast:)

SandAndGlass and Dennis0675 like this.
  24. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Men aren't controlling sometimes too?

Dan C, ds58, Big Blue and 2 others like this.
  25. inperson

inperson Senior Member

What do you call that? A sofa or recliner or love seat or ????