Let it Bleed (50th anniversary)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Atomic Punk, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Possibly the shorter single version of You Can't Always Get What You Want but I don't know.

There's nothing interesting about the mono fold down at all. I like it, but it's not preferable to the stereo in any way. Sadly, this box set is an expensive waste of a good opportunity to release something interesting.

2. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Christopher B and bluerondo like this.
  3. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Honestly, as much as I love having a mono LP, it would be a waste of $80. The difference is minimal, which I'm sure was the point at the time.

The only way it could be interesting is if, like The Beatles Yellow Submarine tracks, a mono mix was done in 1969, but never released. That incredibly unlikely.

Shawn and Crimson Witch like this.
  4. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

That's too bad.

I just went to Youtube and played 'Monkey Man' from the 2016 Mono box,
    and it clearly sounds like the fold-down and not the one I mentioned hearing in my previous post. Perhaps what I had heard was an enhanced version created by someone using EQ and doubling a folded track with some separated channel-elements from a stereo copy.
    It sounded nothing like what I just heard.

Man at C&A likes this.
  5. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

I have the Satanic Majesties set like this - stereo and mono SACDs, stereo and mono LPs - and I like it. It’s a quality box set. This set even has a few extra goodies, such as the 7” single and the poster. If it falls to the $80 neighborhood, I’ll buy it.

6. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Forum Resident

Any Amazon links for the single CD issue yet? Couldn't track them down myself....

7. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Will this MONO be the same as the one in the LP boxset a couple of years ago or new ?

I read those artwork prints are being released for the first time since the original guy did the artwork for the sleeve, I like things like that and the book, wouldn’t want it to go out of print like the MONO LP box with it being numbered.

8. shadlet

shadlet Forum Resident

The original vinyl hit the shelves in the winter of my senior year in high school so it's ingrained as a classic grown up with.
    I'm really hoping they follow the pattern they did with Their Satanic Majesties Request. After they released the full-blown vinyl set, I was glad to see the Japanese Hybrid SACD version appear on CDJapan, because I didn't need the vinyl:
    The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request
    Details Added! Stones Japan Original Set of "Their Satanic Majesties . . " 50th Anniversary Edition
    The 2017 disc is a bit of an improvement over the '02 IMHO, really dynamic and clear. A great use of my CDJ Bonus points. Sounds great.
    That UM site translation is crack up... "Let It Breed" 50th Anniversary

9. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Wow, no I have never heard the b-side version of the song. I have to seek it out now! Yeah in addition to just being slightly over the top as an intro, I always felt that the choir singing Jagger's lines rather than just the chorus/pre-chorus was odd. Like a whole mass of people singing "I saw her today" sounds creepy. But the acoustic guitar strums are beautiful, and would be the perfect, simple start to an epic track.

Just heard it for the first time! Wow. Love.

10. bluerondo

bluerondo Forum Resident

Geez...I gave roughly $100 less for the 50th Anniversary Beggars Banquet, a far better album, IMHO. THAT'S a money grab if I ever saw one. They can keep it at that price.

JP Christian likes this.
  11. Too bad the Stones and ABKCO can't play nice and facilitate getting some bonus tracks onto these deluxe reissues, as with the post-Decca albums. Still, if that stupid price point came down, the box might be tempting for the book and mono SACD.

12. If only they'd swapped it out for the original track or a finalized version of "I Don't Know Why", the album would be perfect IMHO.

steelinYaThighs and beatleroadie like this.
  13. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Decided quite a ways back that Let It Bleed is my favorite Stones studio album.

14. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

The late 69' phone call will not be included on a flexi this time, Mick ruled Jody Klein's wishes out and this excerpt may give you a clue as to why.

NEW YORK
    Mick: Oh Marianne don't publicly humiliate me while I'm away on tour with Claudia Lennear and some other girls, you know i still need your parking lot for my Morgan Roadster & that Wild Horses couldn't drag me away!

LONDON - ROME
    Marianne: Oh brother Morphene, can't you see I'm trying to score. Enjoy your brown sugar Mick as iam eloping with Mario Schifano as all my love's in vain so you can't always get what you want!

etc etc etc etc

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Full Circle likes this.
  15. FingerPickin'Triumph

FingerPickin'Triumph Forum Resident

Another lost opportunity - no outtakes, studio sessions, instrumental jams, etc.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  16. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Yes. The addition of the Keith vocal of Gimme Shelter and the Mick vocal of You Got The Silver would make this set more enticing.

17. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Out of curiosity, what do folks with audiophile gear & ear(s) think of the 2002 ABKCO hybrid SACD stereo version? I love this album and that is the only version of this that I still have (sounds fine to me but I have tin ears).

18. vcpj

vcpj Gomper

19. Bluepicasso

Bluepicasso Android Confused

How lame...open the vaults Mick!

20. vcpj

vcpj Gomper

21. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Maybe it'll get a bonus 2 minute interview. :rolleyes:

22. Judge Judy

Judge Judy Forum Resident

Man, they're not even trying any more.

23. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

Guaranteed! And I bet there maybe a abbreviated fire sale at approx. $50.00 by year end when the inventory is reconciled.

By the way Shawn, I LOVE that picture of your buddy in your avatar.

And if she is girl, I think my Luke would like to meet her. ;)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Shawn and Tommyboy like this.
  24. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Abkco are trolling Stones fans!

steelinYaThighs and melstapler like this.
  25. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Do you think it was recorded in Glyn's John?