Let it Bleed (50th anniversary)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Atomic Punk, Apr 24, 2019.

1. gudnoyez

gudnoyez Forum Resident

It is the one I listen to the most.

RnRmf likes this.
  2. vcpj

vcpj Gomper

It doesn't behoove the Stones to allow ABKCO to open the vaults for material they don't control.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    steelinYaThighs likes this.
  3. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Gram for gram he pulled his weight.

steelinYaThighs, bobcat and savemenow like this.
  4. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Also, they can easily fit ALL the contents-including the A and B side of the single-- on ONE Hybrid SACD disc. and release the vinyl separately.

No sale.

ODShowtime likes this.
  5. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Just read about the anniversary release on Pitchfork. Mono mix? This is just a fold-down from the stereo mix...

ODShowtime likes this.
  6. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

They vary. For the most part, very good. There are a few older CDs that are better such as Aftermath.

7. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

Both sides should get together and realize their core audience--the ones who really care about this stuff--is dying off or going deaf.
    And act accordingly.

8. All Down The Line

He loves it!
    I think he even said it was Keith's best riff?

9. Haha it’s a guy ;). The cat in my avatar is a female though.

MPLRecords likes this.
  10. Bluepicasso

Bluepicasso Android Confused

==
    If Mick wanted, it would happen...

DK Pete likes this.
  11. All Down The Line

Missed a real trick there!

MPLRecords and Sean like this.
  12. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Parsons me?

905, All Down The Line and Sean like this.
  13. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Totally agreed...it's The Stones themselves (Mick and Keith)that don't pay any attention to these things. but then that begs the question...who was responsible for assembling all the great stuff that came with the super deluxe Sticky Fingers (a non-ABKCO product, I'm aware).??

Bluepicasso likes this.
  14. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

15. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

andrewskyDE, GoodKitty, Shawn and 2 others like this.
  16. All Down The Line

I find it enticing that there are unseen photos of Brian from likely the May 1969 Past Darkly shoot day, the last time all 5 were reportedly together.

17. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I disagree. The contents of this set aside, I think the mono fold-down sounds outstanding and gives the album an overall fuller and even cleaner sound. At least that's what I'm hearing on the CD from the mono box.....

18. bostonscoots

bostonscoots Forum Resident

Hearing this, I think we were all hoping for more - instead, Let It Bleed 50 is a regurgitation of the already-remastered edition most of us own, only in mono and stereo versions (that way we can have two discs of the exact same album...and two discs is more, right?) with a few souvenir trinkets added to sweeten the deal.

I'll pass. I'm not sure exactly how much pull or input the Rolling Stones have with ABKCO - my guess is "not much" because when the band signed with Bertelsmann BMG to rep their catalogue, ABKCO put out a tersely written press release saying "ABKCO Music, Inc. wishes to reiterate that ABKCO, and ABKCO alone, owns and controls 100% of the worldwide copyright to the original 1963-1971 publishing catalog of Jagger/Richards Rolling Stones compositions."

Ok, then.

Mick probably pays very close attention to these things, given the close eye he casts over the Stones empire. Mick was a prime mover behind the deluxe editions of Exile On Main Street, Some Girls, and Sticky Fingers - and I wonder if he and the Stones aren't lifting a finger (well...maybe just one finger) to raid their archives for ABKCO purely out of spite.

19. vcpj

vcpj Gomper

Agreed. They compromised with CHARLIE IS MY DARLING but that was concert recordings. Also GRRR!

20. Lynd8

Lynd8 Forum Resident

An easy pass despite it being a masterpiece album by my favorite band. No outtakes, no sale.

21. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

The best digital version there is, IMO (I've never had any vinyl version, so can't comment on those).

RnRmf and slipkid like this.
  22. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

What wasted opportunity. Im calling abkco tomorrow, kinda in the mood to flip out on the phone on my way into work. Might as well be at them.

23. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Not nice, if that's the case...the only ones really losing out are the fans. Even so, this seems like a nice set if one is a huge fan of the album which I happen to be. It's similar to the way the 50th of Satanic Majesties was handled only here we also get the 45 and a HARD cover book. While I realize what it COULD have been, I still appreciate it for what it is...again, my only hope is that they paid a bit more attention to the vinyl pressing quality this time.

marcfeld69 likes this.
  24. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I bet they’re holding out the good stuff for the 100th.

25. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Keith will be overseeing that reissue.