Polk LSiM speakers 58% - 67% off..

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by riverrat, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Gotcha - that's a great deal for sure!

FWIW mine are a hair under 8-feet apart and towed in a bit so the sweat spot is about 7 feet from the speakers - close to a triangle.

No issues with sound stage, separation etc. They sounded pretty damn good no matter how I placed 'em, but this setup worked best for me.

I'm powering them with an Emotiva XPA-200, so that may help too.

2. aroney

Ahh, nailed it! Enjoy!

Thin up top is not how I would describe the sound (in my space) though - they're very smooth.

And yeah, they are heavy too. I recently had to move mine into an apartment and dinged 'em up a little - scrapes etc. I had thought they were gonna stay at my house, and I'd never have to move them again, but after getting served divorce papers...

...there was no way I was gonna let her keep 'em at the house. No way.

Benzion likes this.
  3. redchiro

redchiro Forum Resident

I think what I am describing as thin is the sound of the Onkyo with less than stellar recordings.
    Still having a problem with imaging. The left spkr is definitely louder than the right. Was way worse when out of phase. So, thought problem was solved. So far, all images locked left of center. How do I know which speaker is bad? These are not consecutive serial numbers. Guess a slight difference in output could do this. Not acceptable. Not sure what to do now. Have to make sure the amp is not the culprit, switch the spkrs, etc. Aaaaargh.

4. aroney

Check in Mono - Just switch speaker cables around too and if the problem goes to the right speaker then you'll know it's not the speaker. Make sure balance from the source is accurate too. There are a lot of recordings that favor the left side more than right too.

I'm not sure what type of amp/receiver your using, but if it's an AVR with limited power that doesn't help. They may list 100 watts per channel or something like that, but it's not really accurate. You need REAL power for the spikes in music, in other words not a test tone - but real world conditions/music.

5. Helom

Helom Forum member

No, but nice, reconditioned pairs of NLAs are inexpensive and usually available on eBay.

6. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

From what I understand and have seen a few videos on YT they had a run of defective tweeters which they’ll promptly replace.
    Is it possible that the tweeter in one of the 707 is defective? just a thought..
    Also once I upgraded from my integrated AVR to a standalone amp (proceed 5) it made a HUGE difference in the sound.

7. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I used the RTiA9's prior to replacing them with the LSiM707's.

I use my front mains for both HT and stereo.

I later purchased the larger center channel speaker from the LSiM line while it was on sale years back. But, it was two large vertically to fit on the shelf under my TV, so I continued to use the larger center channel from the RTi series, which sounds excellent with the 707's.

Suggestion, you might want to consider picking up one of these center channel speakers (the larger one), before they are no longer available. You can't beat the RTi center channel speaker at these closeout prices.

Even if you don't have a need for it now, it may came in handy in the future, or if you ever upgrade your RTi's and want to sell your present pair, you would be able to offer them either for stereo or HT use.

8. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

The brand Advent is currently owned by Voxx International (formerly known as Audiovox), parent company of Klipsch. Voxx International also owns the brand Acoustic Research (AR), and indirectly from its purchase of Klipsch, Mirage, Energy, and Athena Technologies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.