The Quebe Sisters: New Album Announced!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mpayan, Aug 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off Thread Starter

Ive been waiting for this for a long time!

The Quebe Sisters are a three piece western swing fiddle playing singing trio of sisters that many on this forum enjoy. Simply some of the tightest fiddle playing and gorgeous harmonies youll ever hear.

Id been hoping they would put out an album of new songs.

Its finally here!

Davidmk5, melstapler, anth67 and 4 others like this.
  2. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I'll be getting some the music on CD sent right to the radio station I work at and I have received a new single from the new album from a radio promo download service already and will be playing their stuff on my western music block.

mpayan likes this.
  3. Fusionfan

Fusionfan Forum Resident

Wonderful music and a fine band to see live...

melstapler and mpayan like this.
  4. AlecA

AlecA Forum Resident

Nice! Saw them a few months ago in Vermont. Although the hall was only 1/2 to 3/4 full, they put on a great show.

melstapler and mpayan like this.
  5. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I do have all of their albums now and their albums are all great.

melstapler and chacha like this.
  6. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

I think that their last album was their best so far. I'm off to order this upcoming one now. Should be terrific.

melstapler and Fusionfan like this.
  7. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

Nice to see that it's available on vinyl. I haven't seen that their prior albums were.

8. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Fair warning...this is how the Dixie Chicks got their start...first comes talent, then comes cred, then comes popularity, then comes Natalie Maines...:doh: (she kind of strikes me as the "Michael McDoobie" of the group...:hide: )

melstapler likes this.
  9. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

Loved seeing them live! Such fun energy.

chacha likes this.
  10. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I asked them when I saw them last if their new album would be on vinyl too and they said they thought it would. I have the others on CD - wish they were on LP. Seen them Live a few times now - love them!

Brian Mc likes this.
  11. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

Wow! This album is excellent! The singing, the playing, the songs are so good. Their best one. Beautiful

The vinyl is 45 rpm.

chacha likes this.
  12. chacha

Really? The standard issue is 45 rpm?

13. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

Yes, it's unusual, but the standard vinyl is 45rpm. 5 songs per side.

chacha likes this.
  14. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

Yep, the full LP clocks in at a whopping 28 minutes!

Terrific album.
    Ever so slightly different from their Texas fiddle, Western Swing roots.

chacha likes this.
  15. chacha

I wanna get it!
    Is it only currently available on their site? Thanks

16. DetroitDoomsayer

chacha likes this.
  17. chacha

Cool. I had trouble finding it earlier for some reason. It’s currently out of stock but I’m sure that won’t be for long.
    I asked Hulda the last time I saw them if their next record was coming out on vinyl and she thought it would so here we are. Glad you think it’s their best record- I’ve enjoyed them so much more Live than in the studio so I’m happy this has some magic to it.

18. mpayan

Got an autographed one coming in :cool:

melstapler likes this.
  19. DetroitDoomsayer

Just to be clear, I didn't say it was their best record, that was Brian Mc.
    Just giving credit where credit is due :)

I do however enjoy it immensely, and the variety in the tunes is a big plus.

I really wish that they would tour up here in the mid-west/eastern part of the country, either by themselves or on a sort of country/bluegrass package tour. I'd love to see 'em live.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    chacha likes this.
  20. chacha

I hope you see them too. Seen them 3 times - always a great vibe & show.

21. mpayan

This is a more hazy jazz flavored album. Its not a very long album, but I dont feel cheated. Just makes me want more!

There is a more recessed sound to the harmonies. More vocal soloing. Much more the sitting in the porch rocking chair watching the dogwood petals fall gently. At times it has a bit of a Sons of the Pioneer wistfulness to it. In this case I guess it would be daughters.

Really sweet sounding album. The production fits the mood. I cant really fault it. Just not quite as forward as the pure texas swing strong harmony sound Im use to with the ladies. Great fiddle playing as always. Really does sound like a fall album.

Soundwise, as I said earlier, it is a more hazy sounding album. I wonder if they record into one microphone? Ill have to look at the credits and such. Ill be purchasing the cd at some point to compare. I mainly wanted the lp just because its cool that they chose to do vinyl and wanted the signatures also as I respect these artists a lot for what they do. Keeping a flame for a musical genre that is very dear to my heart.

I wrote them a polite email way back expressing what a wonderful thing it would be if Steve or Kevin could do the mastering. Id still love to hear what could be done with a different recording technique/style and mastering. I always feel Quebe's live sound, that open sound, hasnt been caught just yet in the studio.

Still an amazing album and highly recommended if you are a fan!

chacha and melstapler like this.
  22. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I talked to them about steve (this was when the 2nd album was out) as i had asked them about Vinyl & they said the 3rd album was being made at the time & they wanted that on vinyl but didn't know anyone that did that stuff , i wrote down steve's name & the website & then it never came on vinyl ?

I got the signed vinyl from them on this one , so far it's not blown away , the recording Technique on the vocals make them sound a little "lost" to me & not as Present as i want them & maybe you called it with the 1 microphone ? and i miss the 3 of them singing a lot together but they did say they were going in a new direction .
    I've only spun it twice so far so maybe this one will take a bit more time ................. vinyl is a decent pressing with no noise to it at all .

mpayan and chacha like this.
  23. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

mpayan and chacha like this.
  24. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

chacha likes this.
  25. chacha

Saw the Quebe’s last night at Sweetwater in Mill Valley CA. Another great show from them. I think a late date addition to the tour. Barely anyone there which was a shame. Sounded wonderful as always.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

John DeAngelis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.