What type of chair do you use to listen to music?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by jsr, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subagent

Subagent down the rabbit hole, they argue over esoterica

OK, this one is on me. You can take it to Shark Tank if you want.

"The Audiophile Cushion Crack Adapter Seat," with adjustable pillow roll arms. Comes in Leather or a variety of fabrics, and a range of contemporary colors sure to please style-conscious significant others. Accept no substitutes. Order now.

jonwoody and Big Blue like this.
  2. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

I inherited a Ekornes Consul chair and ottoman from my Father in law. He had an Eames chair and always liked trying different modern style recliners. Initially when I was given it, I liked it well enough but thought I’d replace it one day. But sitting in it is great, it’s exceptionally comfortable. I started to love it and now I don’t want to change to anything different.

The visual design is fine nothing exceptional, but it is a true pleasure to sit in it. I love listening to music in this chair. Almost everyone who sits in it comments on how comfortable it is.

Plus it reminds me of my deceased father in law ,who was an exceptional man, that I have great fondness for. That gives it more significance to me.

Umberto Callegarin and recstar24 like this.
  3. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Couch

captwillard likes this.
  4. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Somebody who build chairs did have a good understanding that getting up is equally as important as sitting down.

5. RONENRAY

RONENRAY Forum Resident

A good old red/ Brownish Chesterfield sofa that i have to share with or 2 Ragdoll cats :).

Fishoutofwater likes this.
  6. I often fall asleep on my sofa in the music room, especially after too much wine. LPs during the day but always CDs after drinking the wine!

7. Phil Thien

Phil Thien Forum Resident

Rocking chair.

Saw an old barber chair for sale recently. Super comfy and would be great but wouldn’t work for my shared listening room/living room.

M1ke2345 likes this.
  8. p147

p147 Forum Resident

I had a pair of these (albeit the fake ones), and found them very uncomfortable and sold them on, I think real ones would set you back thousand's. You do need to sit in one to see if it is suitable.

9. JackG

JackG Forum Resident

I'm back to a Poang, it really is a great design. Had it in storage for a while since it wouldn't really fit in the sitting/listening room but moved it in there a few days ago and it's staying.

WapatoWolf and wgb113 like this.
  10. SandAndGlass

My drink has been a pale ale. As I would become more stationary, streaming became my source of choice.

Tim 2, RONENRAY and Fishoutofwater like this.
  11. rockin_since_58

rockin_since_58 Forum Resident

Just move the couch left or right so that your are positioned in the sweet spot without sitting on the crack.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  12. rockin_since_58

rockin_since_58 Forum Resident

Same for me...it is so much easier to change tunes via remote than getting up to flip records after a few shots of tequila. I can see the day when there will be no more records for me.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  13. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

It's a sectional in the corner no can do but thanks.

rockin_since_58 likes this.
  14. SandAndGlass

When I get in my comfort zone, after a while, using the remote to change stations seems a bit of a bother also.

I just find a good channel for my mood and go with it...

Tim 2 and rockin_since_58 like this.
  15. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

NEVER!!!!!

abescan likes this.
  16. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

My Chair of choice in my listening studio is an Eames lounge chair and ottomon...nice knock off of course. The good ones can be had for less than $1000 and can catch them on sale for $700. They are Very comfortable indeed! I can sit for hours listening...or do some great reading with some nice back ground music playing. And when I've sat for a while, I can get up and hop on my nice waterrower rowing machine just behind the Eames Chair to get a good workout. Rowing to some nice tunes....That's what every 2 channel room needs....a great Eames Lounge chair and a nice waterrower rowing machine to workout a bit before back to serious listening.

And for you fellas who are really tall, those Eames Lounge Chairs come in a large size as well.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    M1ke2345 and SandAndGlass like this.
  17. Slamdancepunk

Slamdancepunk Active Member

Working on finding big fat leather chair with slightly higher arm rests to sink into. It’s out there. I just keep thinking someday it will find me....

18. gov

gov Forum Resident

For those of you who have one of the Eames Lounger knock-offs, can you suggest a vendor? I've got a Poang but I don't love it unfortunately. The angle of the seat (extreme hips lower than knees) is something I don't find comfortable for prolonged sessions.

19. crazy eights

crazy eights Truckstop Lovechild

my favorite

[​IMG]

M1ke2345, Bananas&blow, Tim 2 and 6 others like this.
  20. onlysleeping

onlysleeping Forum Resident

Human Touch - Perfect Chair. I can lean back to 'zero gravity'.

I also have an Andrew LeBlanc Novus chair. Same concept, a little narrower, but longer.

It is great to throw on a record, lean back, and float away.

21. old45s

old45s MP3 FREE ZONE

I sit on a 3 seater lounge and position myself in the sweet spot.
    I replaced the soft lounge cushions I sit on with a really FIRM foam insert...
    It sounds uncomfortable but I'm used to it, and never get a sore back after long periods of sitting as my bum doesn't sink in to the seat and 'curve' my back.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  22. SandAndGlass

That is the lesson that I learned. Seems that more sofa's, as a cost saving measure do not have removable cushions, which leads to the center "sweet spot" rapidly becoming worn and sagging.

The last sofa I bought has removable cushions, which is the only way to go.

This affords one the ability to turn over cushions and to swap them around so that they wear evenly.

And, you can also just replace the worn foam inside the cushion, which you can not do, if the sofa does not have removable cushions.

Tim 2 likes this.
  23. captwillard

captwillard Forum Resident

Angry Chair!

24. haiwaicangku123

haiwaicangku123 Member

25. bob_32_116

bob_32_116 Forum Flaneur

A chair is not always appropriate. It's rther hard to shake yo' money maker to the music when you're sitting down.

WapatoWolf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.