Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

15% off Site-Wide
    For a short time only! Save an additional 15% on your order
    when you use promo code: FALL15
    some restrictions apply

*Coupon expires Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at noon CT and cannot be combined with any other offers. *Video games, video game consoles and select turntables are
    excluded from the offer.

2. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

GentleSenator likes this.
  3. putz

putz Forum Resident

Here's some suggestions:

Item
    Availability Qty Price Total
    Subtotal

Promo Code: FALL15
    Standard Shipping
    Sales Tax
    Total

$20.18

6.63%

Subtotal$134.56
    Promo Code: ($20.18)
    Shipping$0.00
    Sales Tax$7.58
    Total$121.96
    [​IMG]Black & White Night 30
    Roy Orbison
    LP
    Release date: 10/18/2019
    Pre-order* Remove $23.36 $23.36
    [​IMG]Colorado
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse
    LP
    Release date: 10/25/2019
    Pre-order* Remove $40.44 $40.44
    [​IMG]Manic
    Halsey
    LP
    Release date: 1/17/2020
    Pre-order* Remove $19.76 $19.76
    [​IMG]Tarantino Experience / Various [Limited Gatefold 180-Gram Red & YellowColored Vinyl] [Import]
    Various Artists
    LP
    Release date: 9/20/2019
    Pre-order* Remove $22.25 $22.25
    [​IMG]Vh1 Storytellers (live At Manhattan Center)
    David Bowie
    LP
    Release date: 10/11/201

PhantomStranger likes this.
  4. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Is anyone else having problems entering a payment on DD's website? I got an "oops, an error occurred, we're looking into it" message when I placed an order on Monday evening. The order is listed on their website with "Paypal" listed as my payment method, but I've never linked my Paypal information to DD's website. I tried to enter my credit card as a "saved card" under my account, but I get the same "oops" message.

5. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I use Paypal and I didn't do anything special with Deep Discount. The only unusual aspect is that I click on Paypal, it takes me to Paypal and I pay there, THEN it redirects me back to Deep Discount cart to complete the transaction. Once I complete it at Deep Discount I get confirmation from Paypal. If I don't complete it at Deep Discount the transaction is not done

6. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Yes, that's the way Paypal works when I use it on eBay (the only place I ever use Paypal).

Matt I likes this.
  7. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

My Tuesday order didn't go thru. Even though it looked like it since paypal rang-up. But today I got a message about finishing the DD order. So I processed it again. The first time DD never sent an email, so something probably went wrong. Today I got a DD email with the order#.

8. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Just FYI - if you use PayPal then your total amount is charged / deducted from your card / bank account immediately. If you use a credit card directly on their website then they charge when the item is ready to be shipped - this helps in situations when the items you had ordered go "out of stock" and then the refund process takes 3-4 days at the least.

Lethrus, slipkid and Matt I like this.
  9. nowherepuppy

nowherepuppy Well-Known Member

Is DeepDiscount a liar website?
    I made an order last month, after half a month, they informed me that my order was not accepted.

I made two more orders a few days ago, NO feedback for a week
    I sent an email asking, they said that "Nothing show's up with the information(order numbers) provided":realmad:

PS: All orders are paid via paypal

I will never buy anything from DeepDiscount again.:shrug:

10. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

And they couldn't care less, believe me.

slipkid likes this.
  11. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

After contacting customer service about my error messages and inability to add a credit card to my profile on their website, their response was to ask me to give them all sorts of information about the order that they should already have had. Okay, maybe they just wanted to confirm that I was the correct customer. At any rate, they then replied that the order was ready to ship and they didn't see an issue, despite the payment method saying "Paypal" which I did not use for this order. I fully expect the order to not ship and maybe just fall down a black hole. Deep Discount isn't Amazon in terms of customer service, that's for sure.

slipkid likes this.
  12. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I had a similar experience in the past. Seemed like the order did not work but it did. I figured it was an issue with my #1 web browser (an old version of Seamonkey). I now have to use other browsers to get things to (seem to) work with them.

13. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Don't EVER pay DD (or their sister company ImportCDs) with PAYPAL (unless you are ordering from their stores on ebay, although that also can be a huge pain). Use the direct card method if paying through their website. As someone else said above with paypal they get the $ right away instead of when they actually HAVE the item & are shipping it. So not only do they have no motivation to actually FILL your order quickly but when things go wrong, drag on for weeks/months, get canceled etc, it can be a chore to get your money back.

I just had the WORST customer experience of my life with ImportCDs via their ebay store when they sent me the wrong thing which I had to return. Is too long a story to even try to describe (and will only get my blood pressure up). Sometimes saving a few $ is just not worth the hassle when things go wrong, I have learned the hard way...

sennj, googlymoogly, jhm and 2 others like this.
  14. Generally if something might go wrong with an Alliance order, I'll use their ImportCDs' eBay front, since there is a mechanism in place on eBay to contact them if something goes awry.

slipkid and GentleSenator like this.
  15. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I tried different browsers on two different computers. One of the browsers has no add-ons installed. Their website still wouldn't work properly. But the suggestion to try a different browser is a good one as that sometimes does help when a website isn't acting properly.

slipkid likes this.
  16. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

In my personal experience, ImprtCDs are worse than DD - every time there has been an issue they take a) forever to respond and b) copy/paste their cookie cutter response "please return the item via ebay to get a refund" they never pay attention to what your actual feedback or complaint is. But I agree, God forbid if you have to use their customer service - DD is slow as well but their packaging has been okay so far. So, two things I try to remember is a) never mix different formats in your order otherwise be prepared for the record covers to be damaged (especially with ImprtCDs) and b) always use credit card when ordering through their websites.

slipkid likes this.
  17. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

I agree - am having the same experience right now. I feel actual robots could have done a better job in this scenario :faint:

slipkid likes this.
  18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they are the same company.

jhm likes this.
  19. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

I know, just saying they pack differently and also respond differently - no idea why though.

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i think it's a toss-up. my experiences echo yours and are all over the map. for the deals i get, i guess it's worth the crapshoot overall.

21. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Not sure if this will work for everyone since I don't see anything on their site, but I got an e-mail for $5 off a $30+ order. Good today only for one use, code: LEAVES.

If it works and you keep your order close to $30, you still get 15+% off and free shipping.

22. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Worked for me just now — thanks for the tip!

Planbee likes this.
  23. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I could be wrong but I think they are separate "entities" - different stock, different warehouses, different prices, different people, different policies (eg: the way that they handle shipping is dramatically different) etc - but owned by the same corporate overlords called SuperD or something like that. I can't recall the details but am guessing that at one time they had no relation and were totally separate companies but then SuperD bought both of them (?) and kept them running under their old storefronts/methods (??).

24. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

The thing that drove me CRAZY was that I did all I could to make sure how I handled the return was correct (it was complicated and involved 2 things in a multi-ebay order which I had to return) and how they wanted it done, even SPOKE to them over the phone to ask what to do AND in ebay communication as well, then even FOLLOWED UP with them in ebay emails to make sure it was going right (ebay refunded me immediately for one item but ImportCDs needed to manually refund me for the other item which I returned)...all seemed well...but they STILL SCREWED IT UP and kept telling me the same "robotic" non-answer day after day, week after week, that the refund request was "submitted" and I should have the refund for the 2nd item in 24 to 36 hours (or whatever it was) despite days/weeks going by each time I asked. After like a month of this ridiculousness of my asking where the refund was they finally just sent me a communication that said "according to our records ebay has already refunded you". Duh! For the FIRST item, not the second (the one which they sent me by MISTAKE as the WRONG thing). I FLIPPED OUT at that point. Sent them a screaming email IN ALL CAPS going over the WHOLE SITUATION yet again (for like the 4th time). Left them bad feedback. Called ebay to complain. Finally got my refund but man it was extremely difficult to deal with, taking TONS of my time.

I believe that this is the robot who runs their customer service, or at least is who handled my case:

[​IMG]

sennj and hutlock like this.
  25. That was the case several years ago but Alliance/DirectToYou moved to consolidate operations around 2015-2016. Order fulfillment has been unified between the various Alliance outlets for awhile. Now the remaining storefronts are nothing more than different masks worn by Alliance. They do have multiple distribution facilities across the country, so it can depend on where you geographically live.

slipkid, GentleSenator and jhm like this.