Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mark winstanley, May 26, 2019.

1. Hooperfan

Hooperfan Your friendly neighborhood candy store owner

I'm sure Elvis did as well. He just didn't care much for Duke Bardwell, and comments made towards him during his year with Elvis prove that.

2. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I understand the issues people have with the FTD version, but I truly cannot understand how any Elvis enthusiast can enjoy or even prefer the Legacy Edition mix. At the end of the day, this is all about Elvis’ vocal work, and this particular album was always associated with a very respectable vocal presentation — which is completely missing from the Legacy Edition mix. For instrument separation and The Sweet Inspirations front and center, the Legacy mix is your winner, but if the plan is to listen to a fine Elvis vocal performance, I don’t understand why anyone would reach for the Legacy Edition. Had I been given the role of listening to the Legacy mix prior to release as part of a quality control measure, I would have asked, “What happened to Elvis?”

3. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Yes and I'm careful to pile it on Duke as well; he had gotten enough grief from his former boss and fans over the years. He seems like a super nice guy and good musician but it can be difficult for me to listen to shows during his time in the band. The rhythm section had been molded very tightly by Tutt and Scheff and Duke never gelled with it to my ears. Thing is, when Scheff did return the band had already been imprinted by Duke's playing--an almost flattened type of sound to me--that it never returned to the sound they had before Scheff left.

jeremylr, Dave112, Revelator and 3 others like this.
  4. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

I could not agree more with you about how great a drummer Ronnie Tutt is to my ears. I have often admired so many great studio drummers over the years, like Hal Blaine, Jerry Carrigan, Kennth Buttrey and so many others that worked with Elvis. I have had the good fortune of seeing a few of the best drummers in the world play live in front of me too, like Frank Sinatra and Nelson Riddle's favorite drummer, Irv Cottler, Buddy Rich and Ronnie Tutt himself, among so many others, but I find Ronnie to be the most versatile and interesting of them all. Somebody once said, "Ronnie Tutt is a fantastic rock 'n' roll drummer with a big band sense of swing built into his DNA," or something close to that effect.

5. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

I like the medley as well. Does anybody know if Elvis was the first one to put those two songs together that way or did Ray Charles or somebody else do it first?

mark winstanley likes this.
  6. PacificOceanBlue

A lot of Elvis enthusiasts find the Medley abominable, however, I don’t have a problem with it (to a degree). Yes, I would have preferred Elvis to have put in a focused effort into performing a couple of his own standards and bypassed covering a Loggins & Messina track, but this was a somewhat spirited way to get some of this material out of the way in an efficient manner without butchering individual songs in quick, pedestrian arrangements one after the other. He still ran through All Shook Up and Love Me Tender to remind listeners how uneventful and uninspired that material could be, but at least the Medley sacrificed Jailhouse Rock and Hound Dog.

mark winstanley and RSteven like this.
  7. Ace24

Ace24 Forum Resident

I was also pleasantly surprised back when (also having heard all his other live releases prior) and remember thinking that this may actually be the best of them. Elvis sings well and sounds enthused and happy.

8. DirkM

DirkM Forum Resident

I'm fairly sure that the Memphis album was the last lifetime album that I heard. Perhaps they didn't press very many of the original CDs, as I never saw one in a store, and for a while, online secondhand copies were rather pricey. Then the Legacy Edition came out, and I guess everyone started selling off their old copies, as I was able to snag the original CD and the FTD fairly cheaply on eBay.

Anyway, it was a pretty good way to close out my exploration of Elvis' core lifetime work. I remember the FTD arrived first, and I had to resist the temptation to listen to it, as I wanted to have the experience of hearing the original concert release first.

mark winstanley, RSteven and Shawn like this.
  9. PacificOceanBlue

I wouldn’t blame it all on Duke (ironically, he was Tutt’s suggestion as a replacement bassist). The entire stage operation had become complacent; both Elvis and the band were walking through the motions.

10. I don't have a dog in the digital vs. vinyl debate as I enjoy both formats (streaming as well). But to me, there's nothing better than putting on an Elvis record, a pressing released from 1977 or earlier. It's certainly part nostalgia, part sound quality but also something else that I can't quite put my finger on.

11. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

That is very true. Even so, I believe there was a noticeable change in the core band's sound that I think had a lot to do with the band accommodating their new bassist. Personally, I felt maybe Duke would have been better paired off with someone like Bob Lanning who was a bit more straightforward in his approach especially during those early engagements.

12. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

It's worth pointing out that Elvis' vocals are not presented in the best light on the FTD either, because they are slathered in digital echo. And we also should not overlook the mastering on the FTD, which is quite bad... the dynamic range is significantly compressed to make everything louder, at times throwing off the instrumental balance. And the compression, coupled with the narrower stereo mixing and the added echo, give the performance a boxy, claustrophobic feeling which is (IMO) an uncomfortable listening experience overall. The Legacy Edition is frustrating because of Elvis' vocal placement in the mix, but I don't find it uncomfortable to listen to in the same manner as the FTD. I should stress once again though that for me it's "lesser of two evils"... I'm not recommending the Legacy as a good mix by any means.

13. Dave112

Dave112 Forum Resident

I rarely ever spin my vinyl nowadays. I'm busy and have a ton of ripped music in my pocket and much more on my computer. Music can pretty much go anywhere with us now. I miss the enjoyment of dropping the tonearm and rushing back to my comfy chair for a listening session (many times with the album cover in my hands for study as I try to lose myself in the sounds). No driving, working, or other concerns. Just relaxing and listening. All of this talk about different masterings and such of this album has made me curious. I'm far too busy this week to compare but I'm going to dig out my different copies of this album for comparison. I don't have the FTD CD so I can't do a total comparison but I have the LP from the late 1970s (probably a posthumous pressing) and a CD that I bought in 1995. I also have the Sony Legacy edition and last but not forgotten the album collection CD. I ask the experts, what should I be listening for as far as the dynamics and where Elvis' vocals are placed in the various mixes? I have to admit that I haven't given this album a good hearing in years. The last time I heard it straight through was listening to the CD in the album collection set and I was doing other things while it played. Like I said before, I was more smitten with the bonus concert disc in the legacy edition. I don't know if it was because I have heard this particular album so much in the past or I didn't care for the legacy version on CD. I can't remember much about the legacy version except I listened to the bonus disc a lot more even after I ripped it to computer.

RSteven, DirkM, Shawn and 1 other person like this.
  14. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

The original Dynaflex pressing, cut by Randy Kling, sounds very good, imo.

15. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product Thread Starter

Medley - Long Tall Sally/Whole Lotta Shakin'/Mama Don't Dance/Flip Flop and Fly/Jailhouse Rock/Hound Dog
    I suppose this is a bit of fun, but it doesn't do a whole lot for me. I agree that I he is going to just throw off one minute versions of his fifties hits, this is probably a better way to do it, but it doesn't really do much for me.

Tord and Dave112 like this.
  16. mark winstanley

Why Me Lord
    I really like this song, I even used to sing it at church, and JD and the Stamps were probably great guys, but they seemed to be getting too much spotlight for my liking, and I wouldn't go and see an Elvis concert to hear them, and I certainly don't buy an Elvis album to hear them sing songs. In the Chorus Elvis sings well and strongly, but they need to stay on the backing vocals.

17. mark winstanley

How Great Though Art
    This is a song that virtually always seemed to get a focused vocal from Elvis. This is no exception, Elvis powerhouses the ending into the rafters, and does the reprise that seemed to become part of the set ..... of course JD has to do his swoop at the end.

18. mark winstanley

Blueberry Hill/I Can't Stop Loving You
    Elvis pumps it up again here. The Blueberry Hill intro is cool and the band seems to have a nice swing going on here.

Tord, RSteven and Dave112 like this.
  19. mark winstanley

Help Me
    This is a cool little track, and gets a good showing here. It is nice that a recently recorded song gets a showing in the live show, and it's a b-side. Anyway, I like the song, and it gets a faithful rendering here.

Revelator and RSteven like this.
  20. mark winstanley

An American Trilogy
    This track seemed to get a fair bit of respect from Elvis and the band in the later years, and rightfully so. They seemed to virtually always do a great version of it.
    I have always liked the dynamics of the track, and the unifying aim of the song.

Revelator and RSteven like this.
  21. mark winstanley

Let Me Be There
    I think everyone is familiar with this track, and it certainly has its detractors ... I don't dislike it at all, and it would have been really cool if Elvis and Olivia had done a live duet at some point. It's a bouncy little country number, with a fairly easy vocal. Easily recognised at the time and I would imagine a bit of fun to play.

Tord, RSteven, Dave112 and 1 other person like this.
  22. mark winstanley

23. mark winstanley

Reference Guide

Jan 27 1970
    Kentucky Rain/ My Little Friend Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Apr 1970
    Lets Be Friends
    - Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 1 Stay Away Joe Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 2 If I'm A Fool For Loving you Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 3 Lets Be Friends Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 4 Lets Forget About The Stars Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 5 Mama Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 6 I'll Be There Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 7 Almost Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 8 Change Of Habit Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 9 Have A Happy Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Apr 20 1970
    The Wonder Of You/ Mama Liked the Roses Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

June 1970
    On Stage
    track 1 See See Rider Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 2 Release Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 3 Sweet Caroline Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 4 Runaway Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 5 The Wonder Of You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 6 Polk Salad Annie Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 7 Yesterday Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 8 Proud Mary Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 9 Walk A Mile In My Shoes Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 10 Let It Be Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

July 1970
    I've Lost You/ The Next Step Is Love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

August 1970
    Worldwide Fifty Gold Award Hits vol 1

August 1970
    Elvis Christmas Album (Camden)

October 1970
    Almost In Love

October 6 1970
    You Don't Have To Say You Love Me/Patch It Up Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

October 1970
    Elvis in Person

October 1970
    Back In Memphis

November 11 1970
    That's The Way It Is
    track 1 I Just Can't Help Believin' Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 2 Twenty Days And Twenty Nights Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 3 How The Web Was Woven Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 4 Patch It Up Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 5 Mary In The Morning Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 6 You Don't Have To Say You Love Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 7 You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 8 I've Lost You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 9 Just Pretend Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 10 Stranger In The Crowd Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 11 The Next Step Is Love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 12 Bridge Over Troubled Water Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

December 8 1970
    I Don't Really Want To Know/ There Goes My Everything Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

January 7 1971
    Elvis Country (I Was Born 10,000 Years Ago)
    track 1 Snowbird Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 2 Tomorrow Never Comes Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 3 Little Cabin On the Hill Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 4 Whole Lotta Shakin Going On Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 5 Funny How Time Slips Away Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 6 I Really Don't Want To Know Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 7 There Goes My Everything Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 8 It's Your Baby, You Rock It Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 9 The Fool Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 10 Faded Love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 11 I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 12 Make The World Go Away Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

February 23 1971
    Rags To Riches/Where Did They Go Lord Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

March 22 1971
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    track 2 Who Am I Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 3 Let Us Pray Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

March 1971
    Life/Only Believe Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

June 16 1971
    Love Letters From Elvis
    track 1 Love Letters Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 2 When I'm Over You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 3 If I Were You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 4 Got My Mojo Working/Keep Your Hands Off It Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 5 Heart Of Rome Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 6 Only Believe Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 7 This Is Our Dance Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 8 Cindy Cindy Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 9 I'll Never Know Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 10 It Ain't No Big Thing Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 11 Life Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

June 22 1971
    I'm Leavin/ Heart Of Rome Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

July 1971
    C'mon Everybody

August 1971
    The Other Sides - Worldwide Gold Award Hits Vol. 2

Sept 21 1971
    It's Only Love/The Sound Of Your Cry Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Oct 1971 I Got Lucky Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Oct 20 1971 The Wonderful World Of Christmas Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 1 O Come All Ye Faithful Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 2 The First Noel Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 3 On a Snowy Christmas Night Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 4 Winter Wonderland Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 5 The Wonderful World Of Christmas Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 6 It Won't Seem Like Christmas Without You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 7 I'll Be Home On Christmas Day Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 8 It I Get Home On Christmas Day Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 9 Holly Leaves and Christmas Trees Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 10 Merry Christmas Baby Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 11 Silver Bells Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Nov 9 1971
    Merry Christmas Baby/ O Come All Ye Faithful Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Jan 4 1972
    Until It's Time For You To Go/ We Can Make The Morning Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Feb 1972 Elvis Now Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 1 Help Me Make It Through The Night Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 2 Miracle Of The Rosary Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 3 Hey Jude Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 4 Put Your Hand In The Hand Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 5 Until It's Time For You To Go Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 6 We Can Make The Morning Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 7 Early Morning Rain Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 8 Sylvia Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 9 Fools Rush In Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 10 I Was Born About Ten Thousand Years Ago Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Feb 29 1972
    He Touched Me/ Bosom Of Abraham

April 1 1972 He Touched Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 1 He Touched Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track to
    track 2 I've Got Confidence Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 3 Amazing Grace Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 4 Seeing Is Believing Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 5 He Is My Everything Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 6 Bosom Of Abraham Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 7 An Evening Prayer Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 8 Lead Me, Guide Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 9 There Is No God But God Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 10 Thing Called Love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 11 I John Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 12 Reach Out To Jesus Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

MSG press conference and other bits and pieces Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

April 4 1972
    American Trilogy/The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

June 1972 Elvis Sings His Hits From The Movies Vol 1

June 1972 Elvis As Recorded at MSG Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 1 Also Sprach Zarathustra Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 2 That's Alright Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 3 Proud Mary Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 4 Never Been To Spain Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 5 You Don't Have To Say You Love Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 6 You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 7 Polk Salad Annie Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 8 Love Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 9 All Shook up Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 10 Heartbreak Hotel Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 11 Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 12 Love Me Tender Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 13 Impossible Dream Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 14 Hound Dog (+introductions) Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 15 Suspicious Minds Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 16 For The Good Times Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 17 An American Trilogy Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 18 Funny How Times Slips Away Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 19 I Can't Stop Loving You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 20 Can't Help Falling In Love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 21 End Theme Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies thanks @Pelvis Ressley

August 1 1972
    Burning Love/ It's A Matter Of Time Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

October 1972 BURNING LOVE AND HITS FROM HIS MOVIES, VOLUME 2 Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

October 31 1972 (my fourth birthday :))
    Separate Ways/Always On My Mind Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

December 1972 Separate Ways Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Feb 1973 Aloha From Hawaii Via Satellite Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    Pt 1 Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    Pt 2 Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    Pt 3 Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    Pt 4 Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    Pt 5 Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    Pt 6 Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Mar 13 1973
    Steamroller Blues/ Fool Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

July 1973 Elvis (Fool) Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 1 Fool Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 2 Where Do I Go From Here Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 3 Love Me, Love The Life I Lead Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 4 I'm Still Here Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 5 It's Impossible Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 6 For Lovin' Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 7 Padre Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 8 I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 9 I Will Be True Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 10 Don't Think Twice It's Alright Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

August 2 1973 Elvis Mail Order compilehttps://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/elvis-presley-the-albums-and-singles-thread-pt3-the-seventies.843184/page-131#post-22032689

Sept 1 1973
    Raised On Rock/ For Ol' Times Sake Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Oct 1 1973 Raised On Rock/For Ol' Times Sake Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 1 Raised On Rock Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 2 Are You Sincere Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 3 Find Out What's Happening Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 4 I Miss You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 5 Girl Of Mine Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 6 For Ol' Times Sake Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 7 If You Don't Come Back Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 8 Just A Little Bit Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 9 Sweet Angeline Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 10 Three Corn Patches Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Nov 1973
    Elvis A Legendary Performer Vol 1
    I Love You Because take 2 Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    Tonight Is All Right For Love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies thanks @czeskleba

Jan 11 1874
    Ive' Got A Thing About You Baby/ Take Good Care Of Her Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Mar 1974
    Good Times
    track 1 Take Good Care Of Her Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 2 Lovin' Arms Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 3 I've Got A Feelin' In My Body Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 4 If That Isn't Love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 5 She Wears My Ring Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 6 I've Got A Thing About You Baby Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 7 My Boy Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 8 Spanish Eyes Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 9 Talk About The Good Times Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies
    track 10 Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

24. mark winstanley

25. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

^This.

I know I’m on the minority, but I really dislike JD’s “dive bombs” and his other vocal “performances”. So much so that I cannot enjoy Elvis’ performance when JD is so up front in the mix. Would love to hear these songs with JD mixed out. Nothing personal against JD though. :cool:

mark winstanley likes this.