Anybody have a Barnes and Noble on-line coupon that works?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by jimsumner, Oct 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

The did have a 40 percent off sale earlier this year I believe. But that 50 percent off weekend last year was sweet and this year I'm free to venture out to better stores than my local one if they do it again.

Leviathan and dee like this.
  2. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Yeah they had a 30% off sale on Father’s Day weekend. But I hope they do the 50% sale again in July. The trouble is that it looks like all the CD sections are shrinking at all the stores in my area. Also, I don’t think they are stocking as many box sets as they used to.

dee, PhantomStranger and puffyrock2 like this.
  3. Yes, Barnes & Noble has slowly but surely been shrinking their CD section over the last few months. They still carry new releases fairly well.

4. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

I got some snail mail coupons last week and it said inside the flyer that the weekend of 7/12-7/14 they will have vinyl an extra 10% off.

Sammy Banderas, dee and SJP like this.
  5. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

I was at my local B&N yesterday for the semiannual Criterion sale, and while chatting with the clerk in the media department, he mentioned that the Criterion sales and vinyl were almost the only things keeping the media departments at most stores afloat. They have definitely reduced the number and variety of non-Criterion blu-ray and DVD titles as well as CDs in general.

6. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

CDs are 30% off in-store this weekend. Tomorrow is the last day. (At least they were at my local store).

PhantomStranger and SJP like this.
  7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Nice lead, thanks!

I remember last year someone posting this at lunchtime and I high-tailed it to the nearest B&N where I did some serious box set damage. Feel less urgency now, not really thinking of anything that is a most-own that they'd have in a store. Still, I'll swing by one tomorrow for sure.

8. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Last year I think it was 50% off? I had fun as well visiting different stores, especially since the family was out of town for couple of weeks during the sale time-period, but was eventually scrambling to hide/arrange them all before they made it back home :unhunh:

SJP likes this.
  9. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ I think you're right. But the 10% member discount stacks and I'm sitting on a couple 20% off coupons that were mailed to me. All combined with the current 30% discount, these will create a 50% discount. Certainly worth my attention!

aperfecttool likes this.
  10. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Oh yes! I forgot about those coupons! As luck would have it am dropping off the family tomorrow morning at the train station for their week long trip so straight to B&N after that :goodie:

SJP likes this.
  11. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

got an email this morn that says all cd's are 30% off instore but online there are only selected ones 30% off.

PhantomStranger, superstar19 and SJP like this.
  12. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

Wonder if that applies to the new Beatles Abbey Road CD and BluRay set tomorrow...

13. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

If it does, and the list price is what shows at bn.com ($109.99), then the 30% off sale price would be $76.99 (or $69.29 with member discount). If their computer system categorizes this as a blu ray movie (often the case), the 30% off wouldn't apply.

14. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

In the past these types of box sets have been included as part of the CD sales. The White album and Sgt. Pepper boxes were included.

Would be even better if they were some additional discount codes floating around. Seems like they used to send emails nearly every week with 15-20% off coupon, but I haven’t seen any in a while.

15. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I got a 15% off just yesterday, trashed it as there's nothing I want except pre-orders, and B & N won't allow a discount on a pre-order.

16. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Their website pricing is normally lower than their store's.

17. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Since no one has followed up on this, yes, it does. In-store price for Blu-Ray version is $109.99 (same as non-discount web price), while in-store price for vinyl version is $89.99 (or was it $79.99?). And you can stack the 10% member discount on too.

Sadly, for me, only one of my two local B&N's carries CDs (one only carries vinyl for some bizarre reason). A lady in the store was putting it on display when I arrived (she had both versions). However, both were encased in their horrid, wire security devices which had caused dents at 3, 6, 9 and 12 o'clock on both. I asked if she had any other copies, and was told, "No!"

So, I will have to check out one of the SF stores when I head there later.

Sigh!

PhantomStranger, SJP and longdist01 like this.
  18. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

I share your frustration with those spider wrap things they insist on putting on box sets. Such a pain.

Oddly enough the store nearest to me also doesn’t have a media section (vinyl only) but online it shows they have the super deluxe in stock.

19. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

To add insult to injury, there is no B&N in San Francisco any more -- so much for that theory.

Looks like I'll have to do a 50 mile round trip tomorrow or Sunday to visit one of the other stores that show it in stock. How frustrating!

20. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Does anyone think we'll see the same Black Friday deal as last year which helped us all snag the 'white album' and the Imagine SDE so cheaply? That deal last Nov. was:

40% off CDs in store
    25% online print coupon for 1 item in store
    10% member discount

21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

No way of knowing if we'll see discounts this Black Friday like we saw last year. It gives me pause in buying Abbey Road now. $69 & change seems pretty decent but not spectacular. Yet it is less than I paid for TWA ($73-ish) and Pepper ($80-ish). I'm not even that much of a Beatles fan in the scheme of things but now I have a set working.

A B&N nearby has 4 copies of Abbey Road. I had one in my hand and put it back.

22. Be mindful that Barnes & Noble has been under new ownership and management since the Summer - while operations have largely remained the same under the new regime, coupons have been more scarce than the past.

GentleSenator and superstar19 like this.
  23. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Wasn't aware of that! Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'd better try to find an unmolested copy this weekend.

24. MartyTem

MartyTem Forum Resident

I just ordered The Beatles Abbey Road Super Deluxe Edition from my local B&N via their Ship To Home program. With the 30% off CD promotion (through tomorrow, 9/29) and my 10% member discount, my cost was $69.29 shipped (before tax). Based on my experience with their movie sales, you can order any title that's in stock online and get the 30% discount via the Ship To Home program. If you happen to have discount gift cards from B&N those help too.

hutlock likes this.
  25. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

So, my quest just took a weird turn. MartyTem's post made me think, maybe I would be better off going to my local store and making use of the Ship To Home feature to avoid the 'death grip' of B&N's security tags. No way I could know in advance whether any other local stores (approx. 25 mile radius) had unmolested copies, so I could save myself a drive and have peace of mind.

However, when I thought yesterday that I might be able to get a copy at a (non-existent) SF store, I had found the Abbey Road Blu-Ray edition on B&N's website. This morning, when checking the local store availability, when I was still thinking of driving, I noticed that my nearest store (which I was in yesterday, and which I described above has having only vinyl) showed as having the Blu-Ray version in-stock. Hmmm! I know that the online in-stock feature is not foolproof, but what did I have to lose, I would simply order with Ship To Home if they didn't have it, or only had death gripped copies.

Walked into the store, and had a quick scan behind the counter to see if it had been set aside (since this store does not have a CD section). Couldn't see anything, so went to their vinyl section, which is simply a table with some cardboard display boxes on top, and the vinyl LPs racked in these boxes. They had a box just for The Beatles. Immediately found the vinyl edition, and, mercifully, no security device. Found two death-gripped copies of 1 special edition and a death-gripped copy of The White Album special edition. However, no sign of the Blu-Ray edition. Looked through the other racks of LPs, nothing. Looked under the table where they have the cheap turntables for sale, nothing. Then noticed a pile of LPs lying horizontally in between the LP display boxes, and mixed in among them was an unmolested copy of the Blu-Ray edition! Score!! :thumbsup:

A $36 rebate from AT&T helped to soften the blow even further. My cost was $69.29 + $6.41 tax (Grrr!). Sorted!! :)

MartyTem, PhantomStranger and SJP like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.