Real Gone Music Sale: Up to 82% off on over 200 titles, CDs as low as $2, LPs as low as $4!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by realgoneguy, Sep 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

Took a while but got shipment notification this morning.

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

My box arrived today. Never did get a shipment email. Oh well. At least it finally came.

Sammy Banderas likes this.
  3. If you check your order confirmation email from Real Gone, there should be a link in it to check on the status of your order. Clicking that link gives you the latest shipping status. I never got a shipping email either.

hutlock likes this.
  4. hutlock

You are correct. It also says "We will notify you when it has been sent" though.

5. rararabbits

rararabbits Forum Resident

You probably already noticed that Real Gone’s annual sale is back on; in case you didn’t:

SALE!

I only picked up a few things (I already own a fair chunk of their catalogue), but there’s good stuff to be had: $8 for that Loma singles 2CD set is a steal.

melstapler and Greenalishi like this.
  6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Almost all the cheap stuff was available in last year's sale, some has been available for multiple years now, and some is even more expensive now.

A big yawn this year.

7. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Shipping to Canada is unfortunately way too high:cheers:

Greenalishi likes this.
  8. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Here's my order, Spent lots of time on You Tube exploring stuff that seemed cool, some made the cut , some didn't,

Marc Johnson, 4, psyc folk, never heard of him, lots in their catalogue like him for me seemed interesting

Bobbi Humphry , 5 , Blue Note 71 funky jazz, never heard of her, excited

Shanti , 4 , indian psyc rock? seemed weird, couldn't find it on You Tube , but, just through the description got it,

Tower Of Power, 13, this is why i'm at their site, have an older archive by Power, really excited on this one!!!

Sam Samudido, 11 , Sam Shams singer, cool band, sampled it reminded me of Detroit by Mitch Rider, where they change their sound a little, Seems cool.

David Axelrod - Messiah , 4 , this seems real interesting, great producer, Cannonball!!!!

Cannonball - Big Man, 4 , Cannonball in a play setting, trippy , sampled it, sounded cool. Big Cannonball fan.

Badfinger - Badfinger , 8 , don't have this, love the band.

53 , 5 bucks shipping, 62 total.

They have such a trippy selection. Really took time to go through stuff that seemed interesting but i didn't know. Fun stuff for a music lover

The Loma singles almost made the cut, as about a dozen or more really, just had to be hard and trim. The Red Bird girls confused me. I was looking for different songs by the same groups, so, didn't do it. There was a discussion in this forum that turned me on to this label and songs.

longdist01 likes this.
  9. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I nabbed the three Cheap Trick archive releases (the most recent of which isn't part of the sale), a couple from Cowboy and a two-fer from Sea Level.

clhboa, longdist01 and Greenalishi like this.
  10. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

The Larry Coryell Village Gate CD is a great one. Really strong "Band of Gypsys" vibes on this album. Scorching jazz rock.

Greenalishi likes this.
  11. Greenalishi

Thanks! Would not have known the vibe. Described different. Checked it out. But, so much was interesting to me on this label.

12. eschorama

eschorama Forum Resident

I couldn't resist nabbing the 5th Dimension, Earthbound on CD for 5 bucks plus shipping. 5D studio albums on CD are not so easy to find anymore.

Greenalishi likes this.
  13. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

Didn't think the sale was particularly great this year. Lots of stuff pretty high, and a minimal discount. I did manage to grab a few:

Statler Brothers - Sing the Classics $9.58
    Eddy Arnold - Each Road I Take (The 1970 Lee Hazelwood and Chet Atkins sessions) $5.00
    Cowboy Copas - Starday/King Complete Hit Singles A's & B's (2cd) $7.00
    Freddie King - The Complete King/Federal Singles (2cd) $9.00
    Willie Nelson - Things to Remember(The Pamper Demos) $11.98

Statler and Willie were not a great price. I put Eddy in my cart, then a few hours later it showed as SOLD OUT, then the site showed it back in stock a day later. I have a bad habit of wanting cds and putting off the purchase, and later find they are out of stock, or the label is out of business. Trying to take advantage of these sales to avoid missing out on cds.

Bought it on Tuesday, got a tracking number, but still shows no activity.

14. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

This is actually a really great album, pretty overlooked by psych people and by others as well, maybe because it doesn't fit exactly into any category. It's pretty joyful, pretty tight but jammed out psych with Indian drums and other instruments along with rock instruments. Good vocals and lyrics, spiritual inflected (kind of like the band Quintessence from the UK in late 60's). The Real Gone CD is the best sounding issue of it by far, better than the original LP and the bootleg CD on Synton label, both of which sound muddy. Enjoy!

Greenalishi likes this.
  15. Greenalishi

Listened today. Real cool. Exactly as described. Cool booklet. Rock band a Indian instruments in that era.

The long jam highlights in a rock way with solos by all. Mclaughlin Shakti is a fave of mine. That jam reminds me of that just in the speed of the solos.

Not the best thing i ever heard but a cool listen and sound. The songwriting isn't totally standoutbuti dig the album.

Made two orders going through em now. Fun fun fun...

The Sam Sumido from Sam Sham and the Pharos is pretty cool. Like it a lot! Great booklet too. The Johnny Shines 1970 has real rough sound. But his voice is do powerful it overcomes. Just hard to get through cause bad sounding phaseyness.

zongo likes this.
  16. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

Finally got tracking number, and it was scheduled for delivery today. Got a text update that it was out for delivery, so I was pretty excited. Got home and found mail in my box, but no package. Mail is normally delivered ~2:30-3:30. Since it was 4:30, and I had mail, I was pretty bummed. At 5:18, I got another automated USPS text stating that my package was just delivered in/at box. I had since left my home, but returned about 6:00 and found nothing in the box.

I've never had a package stolen in the 26 years that I've been at this house. Not sure what's going on, but I don't feel good about this. If the products are out of stock, I'll get a refund, which is not what I'm wanting......I'd much rather have the cds.

I've notified the USPS and REAL GONE. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I hope the mail carrier got back to the post office around 5:18, and scanned it as delivered with the intention of bringing it tomorrow.

17. hutlock

Oh man good luck. Hopefully they dropped it with a neighbor or something?

18. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

It's my estimation that items are scanned one step ahead of their actual status. At this point I know that an item ready for pick-up in my PO box has been delivered, with other packages, to my post office. The employee still has to place it my box. That might happen immediately, or he might have fifty other packages to handle.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  19. I had an item scanned as delivered two days before it actually arrived at my house.

spanky1 likes this.
  20. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

Got the cds the next day. I reported it to the post office and to REAL GONE. The postmaster called me the next day, and said it was left at the wrong address(a neighbors house), but they'd get it to me immediately. They did, so all was well. Real Gone said they are seeing pre-scans quite often recently.

21. Greenalishi

Standouts from my two hauls, Dusty Springfield - Faithful, so good, similar to Dusty in Memphis, Sam Samudio - Sam Hard and Heavy, great rockin record, Bobbi Humphrey - Dig This , Blue Note funky jazz , flute player, great arrangements and sound, Johnny Lytle - The Soulful Rebel and People & Love, two great vibe albums from someone who is a giant i never heard of, really cool. Great booklets too by Real Gone! Simple but well done.

Marc Jonson - Years, 60s baroque folk, cool record, Badfinger - self titled, such a great album i'd never heard what a band, sound is far away sounding but the music is worth it. Tower of Power - Hipper the Hip, great great sounding and great great music, why i went To Real Gone, awesome!

Fahrenheit 451 soundtrack so moody and good, great sound. David Axelrods - Messiah, trippy and cool, love it , totally dated and cool because of it. Jay Dee - Come On In Love, Barry White is all over this, really cool, soul symphony stuff. Hot buttered Soul style. Shanti - Shanti, cool Indian with 70s rock. Great listen.

I ordered a Cannonball Adderly disc which they have lots of but they sent me a different one. It's super cool. The Price You Got To Pay To be Free. Huge Cannball fan, so, i'm biased. Late career funky stuff. Great.

Trading in, Joe Bataan - Afro Filipino, great sound, and exactly as described. Trippy fusion of salsa , funk of the day. Great band and music, but, the songs, remind me of Baby Huey in my impressions of both. Just not there song wise and lyric wise. Cool singer , great sound on the lp. Dj's should get this, can't go wrong with these interesting unique grooovers. But, not for me. Trading it in.

Eddie Money double disc best. The live stuff and acoustic stuff got me in. But, eh. His first record is awesome the rest eh. Poppy. Eddie

Johnny Shines live 1970 weird phasey sound. Put all the songs in my i pod besides the last one which cuts off abruptly and is so phasey it's comical. But man not much out there by him so i'm glad i got it. Should sell for a buck though and have a warning sticker on the sound.

Samuel Johnathan Johnson - My Music, similar to Jay Dee, lost soul stuff that has been sampled a lot. But, more poppy disco. Not for me.

Like this labels trippy selection and booklets and taste. Lots of cool stuff. Already have other stuff in my cart. Two kind of mistakes in the Cannonball wrong cd and the sound on the Johnny Shines but no biggie. I'll be back. Great label.

hutlock likes this.
  22. Greenalishi

I don't think the live ep tracks or the unplugged tracks sound live really. The audience sounds real piped in. And the unplugged has a studio shern. Eddie needs a live boot from the 70s out there. Love to hear that bandband then.

The songs that made my ipod cut:

Cant keep a good man down
    Rock n roll the place live
    Gimmie some water live
    Get a move on
    Running back
    I think im in love
    Shakin
    No control
    Take me home tonight
    We should be sleepin

Plus his first album i already had

We need a live raw from Eddie!
    His original guitar player is awesome...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  23. Greenalishi

Christmas Music sale from Real Gone. Up to, 64% off, 51 titles. Just got an email from 'em. If you like their selection maybe it's for you. Lots of Christmas titles from Real Gone. fyi

PhantomStranger likes this.
  24. Greenalishi

Revisiting Shanti. I really really like it. I had a preconveption, MclaughlinMclaughlin/ shakti, now, on its own its a great album i think. Lovin Shanti. Interesting music. Great listen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.