The Jimi Hendrix Experience: "The Royal Albert Hall" Film, One Off Showing in London!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by marmalade166, Oct 3, 2019.

1. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage! Thread Starter

AFTER MORE THAN 50 YEARS THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE RETURNS TO THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL FOR A CINEMATIC WORLD PREMIERE One of the greatest and most anticipated, unseen treasures in musical history will finally be revealed next month in London. The Jimi Hendrix Experience: The Royal Albert Hall, a feature-length film that documents the last European performance of the original line up of the Jimi Hendrix Experience will be screened to the public for the very first time since it was shot 50 years ago at the very location where it was primarily filmed: London’s historic Royal Albert Hall. The surprise announcement came from Experience Hendrix, L.L.C. and The Last Experience, Inc which have partnered on the event set for the evening of Monday, October 21, 2019. Experience Hendrix, headed by Janie Hendrix, is the family owned company that administers the rights to recordings, performances and publishing associated with the late superstar. The Last Experience, Inc. is the production company, led by Jerry Goldstein, that originally partnered with Hendrix and documented the legendary performance on February 24, 1969.

2. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

3. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

4. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

Struth!

Let me check..... Its not April 1st

Amazing news if this really happens

J_D__, Ceabhairbunnáin and DJ LX like this.
  5. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Well now, I wasn't expecting that. I'm as critical as anyone regarding how EH has handled the catalog but they deserve a round of applause for making this happen.

6. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

What a surprise, about phakin' time.

mark winstanley, Mook, J_D__ and 2 others like this.
  7. Cokelike-

Cokelike- Forum Resident

Wow, BOG box and now this? Unbelievable! The actual dvd can't be too far away now. Perhaps spring 2020?

8. Rocat

Rocat Do you realise, this world is totally fugazi.

:love::love::love:

Great news! Just let have it in our houses, dvd, bd, anything, please.

9. Small Fish

Small Fish Forum Resident

The video looks awesome it that clip. Wish I could get there, but a journey to London on a Monday night isn't going to happen :mad:

J_D__ and Marshall66hendrix like this.
  10. Octavia

Octavia Forum Resident

OMG! RAH! BOG!

It certainly makes up for the Woodstock set not being released in full.

J_D__ and longdist01 like this.
  11. weavzy

weavzy Needle Dropper

BOG box now RAH???

Im dreaming, arent I....

12. nojasa

nojasa Forum Resident

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up in a few theaters in the US, maybe as a one night only viewing, at some point. Would be fun if it did.

13. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Now it said this on the Hendrix site. Do you believe this?

"This screening is a strict ‘One Night Only’ experience for fans as there are no current plans for a further release of the concert. Featuring a state-of-the-art sound system and giant screen, the show will be as close as you can get to seeing Hendrix perform on that prestigious stage 50 years ago."

Erik B., Matthew Tate and DTK like this.
  14. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

Alarm bells starting to ring :mad:

15. weavzy

weavzy Needle Dropper

It'll happen. Theyre just softening goldstein up...it will get a release.

16. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

It had to after 50 years or both parties would have been out of pocket!

Can't wait to finally see this in best quality and maybe best mix?

Well done EH for finally getting this over the line.

17. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

Once it has been aired there is no going back, some sort of release will happen for sure.

A tour of the film may happen too :)

18. RockDude4492

RockDude4492 Forum Resident

zongo likes this.
  19. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

This certainly bodes well for a future Blu-ray release if the wrinkles have been ironed out between Goldstein and Janie’s legal teams. If memory serves, one of the sticking points in reaching a settlement in the lengthy litigation was the insistence on a film premiere of Goldstein’s film. If that settlement has been resolved it’s likely that other concessions have been negotiated allowing this to go forward. Looking good for Jimi’s fans. Hopefully a lot of the overlayed scenic crap that plagued the third generation bootleg prints I’ve seen has been removed from the performance. In a Hendrix concert documenting RAH we don’t need Fellini, we want the concert footage.

Woo frigin’ hoo! Great NEWS! :goodie:
    Cat

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  20. monkboughtlunch

monkboughtlunch Senior Member

EU 50 copyright extension move? Screen once before 2019 is over to extend copyright of unpublished songs?

21. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Surprised. Step one. Waiting for general release.

22. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

From EH :
    'The surprise announcement came from Experience Hendrix L.L.C. and The Last Experience, Inc. which have partnered on the event set for the evening of Monday, October 21. Experience Hendrix, headed by Janie Hendrix, is the family-owned company that administers the rights to recordings, performances and publishing associated with the late superstar. The Last Experience, Inc. is the production company, led by Jerry Goldstein, that originally partnered with Hendrix and documented the legendary performance on February 24, 1969.'

All peace and love now ?

kees1954 likes this.
  23. diveintoyesterday

diveintoyesterday Forum Resident

Wow, the version of Little Wing (on the purple box) from the RAH show is a thing of beauty.
    I am pumped!

24. monkboughtlunch

monkboughtlunch Senior Member

Hopefully so! Unless both sides are still negotiating and the parties agreed to a one time screening in 2019 to extend EU song copyrights for unpublished material while negotiations continue.

Or maybe the parties reached a deal and are extending copyright with a one time screening in 2019 and will release it on CD, vinyl and Blu-ray in 2020.

Maybe delay the broader release until 2020 due to the Fillmore box release in November 2019 and not wanting to flood the market with more than one release at a time?

Anyone here have the inside scoop?

25. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

"This screening is a strict ‘One Night Only’ experience for fans as there are no current plans for a further release of the concert"

doubtful :(