Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

They could be 'returns'.

2. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident

Actually just cancelled. It's cheaper in many other places.

3. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Trouble No More 4LP/2CD used copy from amazon marketplace arrived this morning. On first inspection I find no issues. Box is undamaged but of course no outer seal. Booklet is mint, LP outer and inner sleeves the same, as is the vinyl. Only on side 2 of first LP but all seems excellent. The 2 cd's play too. Cant see what the original issue was, perhaps just a return so a mad price to resell at.

I did cancel my original order the other day, I checked back on the order invoice and noticed in my haste I'd selected one with a damaged box. So cancelled that and reordered one with description stating download code and seal missing, also a quicker delivery too. Very happy purchase. Love this era, nice to finally have myself a physical copy.

4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Glad to hear it! Sounds like someone bought it, used the DL code, and then returned it perhaps? Nice snag in any case.

5. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

My Dylan box set arrived today , absolutely superb deal, vinyl has never been out of sleeve ,still static city when removed , everything in place but downloads card and box is perfect ...well pleased

hype, Tjazz, imarcq and 4 others like this.
  6. hype

hype Forum Resident

Thanks! Just grabbed one of those Dylan's as well.

I have never ordered a used item from another countries Amazon but I have ordered quite a few from the US store and in the end I can't recommend them enough tbh. Sure, you get some that are absolutely beat up or something else wrong and you have to return it but they make it so easy it's worth gambling sometimes. I've gotten countless amazing deals but just the last two recently was an immaculate still sealed complete Mono box set of this same Mr. Bob Dylan for the insane price of $40 haha.. I also got the deluxe box set of Deep Purples new album Infinite for like $10-13 and it was still sealed but had a couple medium sized scratches on the front (Even got to use the included shirt as a pre.

Also, you can't fully judge the condition or description since i've gotten Like New in awful condition and Acceptable in near flawless condition. I take less chances then I used to since I am not home as much but I treat them all as a "wait and see" so I never get my hopes up when a really messed up item shows up.

7. JPJs Bass Guitar

JPJs Bass Guitar Forum Resident

Exactly the same situation here - I can see no issue on either packaging nor vinyl.

I never bought this set at the time (the only Bootleg Series to date I could say that about), so to have it land for such a ridiculous price is, frankly, ridiculous.

Many thanks to @Larsen for the original tip-off. One of the best deals I've had in some time.

8. JasonPC

JasonPC Forum Resident

There’s an echo in here... :)

My Dylan box showed up today. Visually it’s perfect, static-y vinyl for all records.

Many thanks @Larsen for the heads-up.

Larsen, hutlock, hype and 5 others like this.
  9. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

I'm happy you all received your copies in great condition! I'm still waiting for shipping confirmation on my order.

I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that the 4-LP/2-CD included a download card for all the music on the 8xCD version. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Almost Simon and latheofheaven like this.
  10. Almost Simon

I believe it did. Mine has long gone, as per the advert. Curious as to why amazon accepted a return when the download code was used. I assume something they don't check. A number of people quick enough to order, use code and return box. Which has worked out okay for us.

11. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Just how are they going to check that? And is is made clear on Warehouse deals that downloads may not work.

12. Almost Simon

Don't know, good point. And i already acknowledged i was aware there wasnt a download code. It wasnt a complaint. Just asking the question.

13. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Yep, normally in description states that may be missing , expired etc

imarcq likes this.
  14. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I got the Dylan box too. It looks brand new to me, with only slightly ripped shrink wrap which I've removed anyway. A great buy, and big thanks to @Larsen for the heads up :)

15. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

Can I ask what Turntable and system you use ?

16. CrazyBrown

CrazyBrown Forum Resident

Mine arrived in the exact same condition you described! Excited to spin this tomorrow.

imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  17. imarcq

It's on my profile > Information.

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  18. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

19. starbuck

starbuck Forum Resident

dastinger and latheofheaven like this.
  20. Almost Simon

Krzych, latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  21. imarcq

The Police - 6CD Ltd Box £18 Pre-ordered.

This title will be released on November 8, 2019.

Every Move You Make: The Studio Recordings https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VW3XZ2N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_-mVNDbYVT68AP

Product Description
    Following the 40th anniversary vinyl box, we present a limited edition 6-CD box set edition, featuring all five studio albums + a bonus disc. Six full-colour gatefold CD digi-pak wallets housed in a ‘lift-off lid clamshell’ style box. Includes an exclusive bonus 12-track disc – ‘Flexible Strategies’ comprised of non-album b-sides (including very rare remix of ‘Truth Hits Everybody’) and remastered at Abbey Road Studios. The collection features 14 top-20 singles, including five number ones! Four of the albums reached number one and went on to sell millions of copies around the world.

[​IMG]

22. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

In 30 years, their newest compilation will be titled "Every Bond You Break."

coolcreek and hutlock like this.
  23. coolcreek

coolcreek Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up! Price with shipping to the US ran about $21 - it was sitting at $59 for the CDs alone in the US store.

imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  24. imarcq

Yes I just checked! Big pricing difference at the moment... $59.84 on Amazon.com v £18.12 on Amazon UK today.
    [​IMG]

coolcreek and latheofheaven like this.
  25. starbuck

starbuck Forum Resident