The Walking Dead Season 10 | Premieres Sunday on AMC @ 9/8c

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Oct 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Bingo Bongo and Hall Cat like this.
  2. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

We bailed years ago after the Negan debacle. Is Gimple still involved?

fabre, Charles Adams and ssmith3046 like this.
  3. Michael

I do not know...the show is a blur to me...

4. Michael

doesn't seem to be to much interest in this show around here...

5. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I keep watching. Sometimes I'm rewarded, sometimes not.

Craig and Michael like this.
  6. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Angela Kang replaced Gimple as the Showrunner for Season #9(or was it #8?). Anyways, the TWD got much better once she took over and I think she saved the Series(or at least my own interest in it), after it started to go bad. Glad that Gimple was willing to step aside for the better good of the Series.

I do not read Comic Books, so no idea how the Series has been following the Comic Books(errr. Graphic Novels), so I just enjoy the Episodes as they come, but thought I read in the past year the Comic Book had come to an end, so no idea if there will be a similar ending for the TV Series. Although, keep reading online that sometimes the TV Series Plot follows the Comic Book Plot, and sometimes the TV Series deviates(like Character Deaths) from what was written for the Comic Books.

Actually, had no idea TWD was based on a Comic Book until the end of the Season where Negan broke out Lucille and we were left guessing on who did not survive that night, as then read the speculation all over the internet based on what happened in the Comic Book(apparently was not good for Glenn in either version).

Putting the Decapitated Heads(especially the kid) on the Poles was brutal, so will be interesting to see what happens with Alpha and the Whisperers. Being a SAMCRO Fan, it is great to see Ryan Hurst(Opie) added to TWD as the 2nd in command Whisperer. Speaking of which, 'The Mayans'(FX Series) has been great so far in this 2nd Season(to follow a Great ending to the 1st Season after a slow start). Too bad Sutter is going to leave as the Showrunner after this Season.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Veech likes this.
  7. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

I definitely think season 9 was an improvement over the previous two boring Negan-centric seasons, so I'll be watching. I don't expect anything on the level of the earliest years of the show but as long as I'm entertained, I'm ok with that.

8. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I'm in for Season 10! Looking forward to it! I don't read the comics either but I did thumb thru the final issue and there is just no way the show can end as the comic did because the comic ends with lead characters that are dead on the show.

Providing a spoiler for those who don't want to know the comic ending:

Set a decade (or more) into the future, it sees childhood friends Carl and Sophia (both of whom are not dead in the comics, but there were killed off on the TV show) as a married couple. They have a daughter named Andrea. Eugene is working on a railroad. Aaron and Jesus are still together. Negan is still out there, somewhere. Maggie is the new President of the Alexandria Safe-Zone, and humanity has made it, more or less. No cure for the virus was ever found, but the zombies themselves do not pose a threat. Ultimately, the comics end in much the same way that the character of Carl on the television show had envisioned.

I know after Andrew Lincoln left the show when he saw the direction Kang took it he told Norman Reedus that he picked the wrong time to quit.

sixtiesstereo likes this.
  9. ABBDutchFan

ABBDutchFan Forum Resident

Same here.

MikeInFla likes this.
  10. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

I hate watch the show since my wife still watches it. I felt last year got a LOT better after they got rid of Rick and time jumped. I have hope for this year.

Michael likes this.
  11. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

If you haven't seen any of the promo videos yet for the premier, it looks like it's
    going to be pretty sensational. I'll let you know tomorrow after it airs tonight.....
    ALSO, Lauren Cohan (Maggie) is confirmed to be coming back later in this season!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  12. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I was scrolling thru the guide channel this afternoon and noticed the DVR is set to record 2 new episodes of Walking Dead. I assume the first isn't the new episode? Weird but I'll check it out and if I have seen it will just delete.

13. Michael

good term...LOL. Me too...I love the time spent with her.

guidedbyvoices likes this.
  14. Michael

that's seems about right!

15. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I'm still watching, but getting a little tired of "Fear The Walking Dead".

16. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

This show....the worst opener yet. What's the point anymore?

17. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

That was a horrible opener...I kept looking at the clock thinking this will be over before anything happens and I was right.

Michael and mattdm11 like this.
  18. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

I agree. The show vastly improved when she came onboard.

TheSeldomSeenKid and Hall Cat like this.
  19. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

Nothing happened. Nothing.

Michael likes this.
  20. TheSeldomSeenKid

Well, Michonne and the Group crossed Alpha's Border, so there is that, and I assume we will see the consequences soon. I went through plenty of Soprano Episodes where hardly anything happened(except Tony's Sister and his Son annoying me).

Anyone needing instant gratification would not like 'The Wire', which I think is a Top 3 TV Series(Drama or Docudrama might be the more accurate term) of All Time, but there were some Slow Moving Episodes that were small pieces of the larger puzzle, so it all fit together. As Lester Freaman(a Detective in the Baltimore Police Department's Major Crimes Unit) says in one episode, "All the pieces matter". That best sums up the entire Series of 'The Wire' itself-IMO.

jlocke08 and Michael like this.
  21. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

First episode I'm willing to give them a pass.

Michael and MikeInFla like this.
  22. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

Alpha glares at Carol. That's pretty much it.

Shawn, tommy-thewho and Michael like this.
  23. TheSeldomSeenKid

And those 2 Characters were not even filming that scene at the same time. Guess it was not required that both were there at the same time to shoot that scene given the distance between both of them.

Michael likes this.
  24. Michael

it sucked!

ssmith3046 likes this.
  25. Michael

what an opportunity Carol had to spear the witch with an arrow...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.