Goliath, Season 3 (Amazon Prime, Oct 4th 2019)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chrome_Head, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

Really excited to delve back into this series again. There were some posts in an old thread on past seasons, any one else here planning on watching S3?

[​IMG]

2. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Just through the first episode. Another great supporting cast.

And Nina Arianda:love:

Chrome_Head likes this.
  3. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

I enjoyed the first two seasons so I'll be watching this one too. It'll be a while as I'm a bit behind in other shows.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  4. hanleyp

hanleyp Forum Resident

I really liked season 1 but I didn't like season 2, I just couldn't get into the story.

I hope season 3 has more of a courtroom/ legal drama feel and is similar to season 1 other wise I'm out.

trumpet sounds and tmtomh like this.
  5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I'm a few episodes in. Billy Bob hasn't done anything I won't, or haven't watched yet. :thumbsup:

marmalade166 likes this.
  6. Simon_LDT

Simon_LDT Forum Resident

Wow, had no idea a Season 3 was being made. I only just finished the first 2 seasons last month. While season 2 did dip in quality and seemed to lose focus, I still enjoyed it. It (s2) seems to get slated so I assumed it had been cancelled.

7. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

I really enjoyed the first two seasons. I am looking forward to watching a chunk of season 3 this weekend. I like the show Bosch as well.

Victor/Victrola and unclefred like this.
  8. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

These streaming services are screaming for content, but I think the production deal for this series happened like this. "Hey lets offer Billy Bob Thornton however many millions of dollars it takes to do show where he just, i dunno, acts like a typical Billy Bob character all the time. Alcoholic lawyer, say." "Sounds good. [ ring ring ] Hey Billy Bob. How many Bezos bucks do you want to just do your thing?" "Whew, THAT many? OK".

I enjoy Billy Bob's thing. I will watch the season. But it is just content.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  9. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I don't think you're gonna be pleased then.

10. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I loved season 2 especially the controversial last episode that went psychedelic. I’ll be binging this hard over the weekend.

Yes! Nina Arianda is back. I thought she might have left since she’s on Billions now.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  11. Terry Gould

Terry Gould Forum Resident

Just finished Season 3 and it was another great season with outstanding performances from Billy Bob, Dennis Quaid, Amy Brenerman, Illeana Douglas among others. Great story that reminds me of Chinatown and quirky stuff that reminds me of Twin Peaks. I sure hope this is not the last season because it ends with quite the cliffhanger.

Brenald79 and Chrome_Head like this.
  12. Bungo

Bungo Forum Resident

Season 2 was pretty ridiculous, but I'll still keep watching as long as Billy Bob's in it.

hanleyp and Chrome_Head like this.
  13. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

Just started episode 1 last night late, couldn’t stay awake all the way through it (not the show’s fault, I just get up crazy early). Seems like it’s going to be a very different season in some ways so far.

S2 was fairly ridiculous, but Ep 7 was one of the best episodes of any show I had seen for a long time (the “bottle” episode where Billy was being held captive at the house in Mexico).

Neil Anderson, Bungo and unclefred like this.
  14. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Seems like that episode has some carry over in Season 3.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  15. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

It's on my radar for an empty evening. I thought season two was wisely not crafted to simply repeat the formula of the first season. I liked both seasons.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  16. Bungo

Bungo Forum Resident

Ah yeah, that was a very good episode. I had nearly forgotten about it until you mentioned it.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  17. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

William Hurt is back!

Chrome_Head likes this.
  18. Myke

Let's put it this way...the other open tab on this desktop is Goliath, which I was watching when I last ate.
    I'll watch nothing else until Season 3 is finished.

Chazro, Brenald79 and Chrome_Head like this.
  19. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Same here. I really liked S1, but bailed on S2 about 3 episodes in, I think. I can't remember why, but I just wasn't into it at all. Does S3 depend on having seen S2 much?

trumpet sounds likes this.
  20. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Season 3 has some characters from earlier seasons reappear.

I’m getting some Coen Brothers/David Lynch vibe from this season. Excellent cast but it’s a bit scattered with way too many plot elements going on with not enough resolution.

Some of the plot threads are introduced but then either lead nowhere or are underdeveloped. It’s almost if they threw too much into the scripts and then had to figure a way to wrap it all up by the end at the expense of story.

Season 3 has very little courtroom action, which is what made Season 1 better than this one.

That being said, I’m another who will watch Thornton in anything he’s in.

Chrome_Head and Myke like this.
  21. Myke

I'm done, and satisfied. Nice to feel as if I'm still getting something from my Prime membership, as I don't really buy CDs anymore, and don't trust them enough to ship vinyl to me undamaged.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  22. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Season 1 was flawed, but watchable. Season 2 wasn't (watchable). Season 3, I guess I'll never know...

trumpet sounds and GodShifter like this.
  23. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Feel that way about so much on TV these days, but this series, mostly because of Thornton, but also many of the other cast members throughout the seasons and yes, the storylines, hooked me from the beginning and I continue to enjoy the ride.

Chrome_Head and Myke like this.
  24. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

I watched episode One, and I must say they overdid the David Lynch isms a bit. I'm up for episode two.

SoCalWJS likes this.
  25. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

You’d be fine watching S3. There’s a recap that would explain the character from S2 that continues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.