Marvel (MCU) Phase IV

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jul 21, 2019.

1. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

Finally!

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Those were not technically part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe -- those were separate films done by Fox.

I think there was quite a bit of good in Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and The Punisher; I was so-so on Luke Cage and The Defenders, and I couldn't make it through a single episode of Iron Fist. I think Daredevil and Jessica Jones basically work as film noir detective shows, not so much as superhero shows per se. You have to buy into the concept before you can enjoy them -- but they were very successful for a time on Netflix. I think Netflix admitted there were upwards of 4,000,000 views of the first season of Daredevil the first week it started, which ain't chickenfeed. Total ratings of the final season of Daredevil were said to be around 30,000,000, which is massive:

'Daredevil' was canceled despite being Netflix's fourth biggest show: Report

But the politics of Disney and Netflix got pretty grim, and that's why these shows got axed. It'll be interesting to see if and when these characters or shows will come back.

Kevin Feige has said that now there will be "synergy" between the Marvel films and the Marvel TV shows, so you'll see some cross-pollination between the two in a way we didn't see much of before.

melstapler, budwhite and Simon A like this.
  3. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I never understood Moonknight, I read some just didn't appeal to me.
    Not everything marvel, did was gold, I was big time comic geek back 80's and 90's.
    Sure it lasted 1 to 2 years .. but most these characters were created in the 70's..
    Which don't translate into todays culture.

4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Phase 5.

First MCU film 2020 Black Widow?

5. alexpop

Phase five.

Fat Thor
    No Iron Man
    No Captain America

Who’s left that is notable, Loki?

melstapler likes this.
  6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Any word yet on if Deadpool will survive the Fox/Disney merge?

melstapler likes this.
  7. alexpop

Too much cussing. Doesn’t look good.

melstapler likes this.
  8. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Just what everyone wanted, a standalone film about "Loki."
    [​IMG]

alexpop and marmalade166 like this.
  9. melstapler

That's an awful long time to wait for another Black Panther film.

alexpop likes this.
  10. alexpop

Good news.
    MCU 5. Kick out the jams :D

A few years down the line that is....

X-Men new cast methinks.

Fantastic Four third time lucky.
    Add Silver Surfer. The Watcher.
    “The Coming of Galactus “included in first MCU film and we’ll have a winner.

melstapler likes this.
  11. alexpop

The wakanda actress will have to stay with TWD a bit longer. :)

melstapler likes this.
  12. alexpop

He definitely demands his own standalone epic.
    How did he survive Thanos though. :)

melstapler likes this.
  13. melstapler

Exactly! Perhaps this would be a prequel?

alexpop likes this.
  14. alexpop

He used his body double trick and escaped the wrath of Thanos. Gets aboard a space vessel and heads for another planet. Turns out also to be hostile ..he’s captured ala planet of the apes and made to lift rocks dig the soil, plots escape. :)

melstapler likes this.
  15. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

IIRC, Thanos wiped out half the life in the universe, not just on Earth. Going to another planet wouldn't make a difference...

16. Oatsdad

Umm... okay.

No clue what this statement intends to convey... :confused:

17. alexpop

Can you come up with a better plot for a Loki stand-alone movie? ;)

melstapler likes this.
  18. Oatsdad

A better plot than he goes to another planet to escape Thanos, even though Thanos's "snap" affected the entire universe?

And that Loki used a body double to avoid the "snap", even though the eradication of life was completely random and fake identity wouldn't make a difference?

Yeah, I can think of 100 better plots for a standalone Loki movie. "Loki Makes Pancakes" would be a better plot...

19. alexpop

Don’t think MCU would be interested in your pancakes plot. But tis funny. :laugh:

20. Oatsdad

When "Loki Makes Pancakes" becomes a hit in 2024, I'll expect your apology! :D

But seriously... I doubt there'll be a Loki standalone movie. Just doesn't seem like something the MCU would pursue...

alexpop likes this.
  21. alexpop

Maybe in the prison( Planet he lands on ..captured)he’s forced to make pancakes. :laugh:

ubiknik likes this.
  22. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

They are doing a "Loki" TV show.

Loki (TV series)

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  23. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I had a dear friend who passed away a couple years ago, and her favorite character in MCU was Loki. She would have loved a standalone movie. Thing is, are any of the standalone movies really standalone? They have done an amazing job of weaving all types of characters and other superheroes in and out of the threads in fresh ways, while dovetailing with other films and timelines. I think Thor's immediate family is gone barring some flashback, time travel or wormhole.

24. Oatsdad

I guess I view "standalone" here to mean "Loki as the lead", not "Loki with no connection to Thor or other established characters".

I mean, even "Joker" doesn't fully separate itself from the Batman universe since some of the other major characters appear in it.

So I just see "standalone Loki" to mean "Loki is the main character"... :shrug:

melstapler likes this.
  25. GregM

GregM The expanding man

It's interesting to think about Loki and Thor as complementary to target a wide variety of fans. I would think Thor would be the obvious draw for most females, yet my friend was far more attracted to Loki. Part of that is that Thor is portrayed as an unwavering good guy with superior strength and "keys to the kingdom" whereas Loki is the black sheep. Turns out lots of people enjoy rooting for the black sheep, and can relate better to that type of character. After Asgard was destroyed and Thor's parents died, there was really no reason to keep Loki around because Thor himself had become a black sheep type of character and maybe the thinking was that he could now draw on the type of fans who initially related better to Loki.