Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Danilo

Danilo Forum Resident

I see, so, as I imagined, is not possible to load the image directly on the Forum...
    Thank you for your help

jonwoody, Bolster and JNTEX like this.
  2. MichaelArcane

MichaelArcane Purveyor of Terrible Opinions

Current state of the room at the new house after the new TV install.
    [​IMG]

There's a spot there reserved for a turntable. Soon...
    [​IMG]

I like it better with the cage off, but the rugrats like to throw things.
    [​IMG]

What it actually looks like daily, with the toddler-proofing:
    [​IMG]

And the Monsters responsible for the cage:
    [​IMG]

Dred, barfko, 16hz lover and 54 others like this.
  3. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Nice looking system and gorgeous room congrats on the new house and new TV. And adorable rugrats! I would recommend not having any fires in your fireplace though. :D

PhilBiker and timind like this.
  4. MichaelArcane

MichaelArcane Purveyor of Terrible Opinions

No need, the amp generates more than enough heat :D

Dave, PhilBiker, Echo and 3 others like this.
  5. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Plus, people can't seem to get over the fact that typical speakers of that era, like the Advents are designed to sit on the floor.

PhilBiker and Helom like this.
  6. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan Senior Member

Updates to the small, dedicated vinyl listening space. Added a bigger turntable and some really big speakers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really beautiful East Indian Rosewood veneer on these vintage JVC Zero 9 speakers. They sound pretty good, too!

Just installed a Nagaoka MP-150/MP-200 hybrid on the Yamaha PX-2. Digging the way it sounds!

[​IMG]

JUCO, 16hz lover, Litejazz53 and 56 others like this.
  7. Helom

Helom Forum member

Yup. The small tweeter has a wide dispersion too. Only with some bass lines does it become obvious they're on the floor. They smoked some brand new Vandy 2CE Signatures IIs in an A/B comparison. I was literally laughing out loud while switching back and forth between these $200 CL finds and the Vandys, and that was before I overhauled the crossover cleaned some very corroded contacts.

PhilBiker, SandAndGlass and JMAC like this.
  8. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

nice room- love the album sconce. would be double cool if the light could be turned on!

PhilBiker and displayname like this.
  9. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

LOL we see your profile- you can do better than this.....:)

jawaka1000, displayname and timind like this.
  10. JNTEX

JNTEX Lava Police

avanti1960 likes this.
  11. Phil Thien

Phil Thien Forum Resident

Some of you may have read my thread about my DIY turntable. Wife and I have been enjoying a bunch of old vinyl.

BUT, the turntable has been living on the dining room table and getting connected when I used it, and time was running out on that. About a month ago, wife gave me notice that come this Wednesday (three days from now), the dining room table needs to be clear for holding enormous amounts of baked goods for a special event.

So I started a wall-mount shelf that holds the turntable on top, and then has room for a shelf or two, and a forward-facing flip section on the bottom for album storage (albums in current rotation).

I got it mounted yesterday and the turntable is sitting on its new home. I still need to add the shelves and a couple of parts to make the album storage section, hopefully I can squeeze that in during the next week or so.

The unit is made from pin oak with walnut accents (top and French cleat so far).

I got the oak from a guy on Craigslist. When he was delivering it, I said, "hey, this isn't cherry [his ad specified cherry], it is pin oak. And there is a lot of insect damage. "

He didn't want to take it back, so I got it for next to nothing. I think the insects were long gone but to make sure, I froze the crap out of it.

The French cleat on the wall allows me to easily remove/replace the unit, should I wish to make changes.

Oh and I finally found a preamp (unpictured) I can live with, the Bellari PA550. It has a phono section, plus aux1 and aux2 (aux1 via RCA jacks on the back, aux2 via a 3.5mm jack on the front). Besides the volume knob, it also has adjustments for bass/treble. It came with a wall wart but I'm powering it with eight AA batteries (these things are super power efficient). With chokes on the incoming cables (including the battery cable) the thing is quiet, super quiet. And it has lots of gain. And the phono section sounds amazing, as good as any I've tried and I've borrowed some pretty nice stuff.

The only real con on it was the gold knobs. They looked sorta dumb and more importantly, the contrast was so low I couldn't see the indicator mark so I'd know where the gain was set (which is critically important when you've nearly eliminated background noise).

So I got some black knobs and swapped them out.

[​IMG]

(The blanket on the sofa is for the dog, he declined to be included in this photo.)

Manimal, thxphotog, nosliw and 25 others like this.
  12. Rupert

Rupert Well-Known Member

How does one post an image without an URL? Can they be uploaded?

PhilBiker likes this.
  13. M.R.Collins

M.R.Collins Forum Resident

No you can't upload images to this forum, you'll need to use a photo hosting site such as postimage or imgur. By not hosting images here it saves on storage cost and bandwidth cost to help reduce the need for advertising here.

Dave, PhilBiker, trd and 4 others like this.
  14. Rupert

Rupert Well-Known Member

Dang ... I get it though and it’s nice to not have ads and popups in the face.

I follow this thread for aesthetics ideas and my pics would have been the standard two speakers with components in a rack along with the three 20 amp dedicated power connectors and acoustic panels.

Good forum.

PhilBiker and M.R.Collins like this.
  15. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

This a really clever WAF hack. Black gear on a black rack in front of a black fireplace. The system is almost invisible.

16. BigGame

BigGame Forum Resident

My child proof system No.2
    I didn't post photos of system No.2 for a while.
    This system is situated in the central room of my house so it need to be protected from my daughter curiosity.
    Now i connected my old lovely Onkio TX 4500 MK2 and enjoying in vintage sound.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dred, JUCO, barfko and 61 others like this.
  17. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

Nice to see a clean, well put together system with what appears to be good cable management. Well done.

Dan C and PhilBiker like this.
  18. wownflutter

wownflutter Nocturnal Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BluTorch, astro70, thxphotog and 19 others like this.
  19. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

:laughup::tiphat:

Dan C, eddiel and displayname like this.
  20. Fahzz

Fahzz Forum Resident

He meant child resistant...nothing is child proof!

21. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

My recent upgrades with a nearly new Salamander rack I scored on Craig's List for $145! Alongside my new Vandersteen 5As which where somewhat more expensive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It took me FORVER to pick out a rack and I decided on this Salamander which I nearly bought on Amazon for $1000+ the same day I did a quick search on Craig's List to find someone local selling it for $145 dollar...dusty but in nearly new shape. Had to rent a $20 home Depot truck and bribe my neighbor with a bottle of $40 Scotch so in the end came out around $200.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    BluTorch, JUCO, rocnred and 61 others like this.
  22. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Guys, I am at least 99% certain that is a photo of a child, not an actual child...

23. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Whether or not you like or decide to buy Vandersteens, their upper-end models look cool.
    I've listened to Vandersteens since 1979, never owned them.
    Seriously auditioned the Quatros when I was in the speaker market.
    Image like nobody's business
    Very clean, attractive looking system ya got there, cyclistsb.
    Now about that TT. ;)

Dan C likes this.
  24. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

They look cooler with the grills off but my girlfriend doesn't like the look...what about the turntable?

25. alan967tiger

alan967tiger Forum Resident

Yesterday I installed my new AN TT2 turntable and various other bits (see system profile).

I’m very pleased with my system - its located in an upstairs small ‘music’ room and I listen through HD800s.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]