The "Picture of your Turntable(s)" thread, Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 29, 2013.

1. doug_s.

doug_s. Forum Resident

did you also not see the pics in my first post?

thanks,

doug s.

2. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

3. doug_s.

doug_s. Forum Resident

this is a beautiful turntable, and i bet its sound is way above its price point. curious where you got the ptp6; i don't see it listed f/s anywhere. do you have to get ptp to make one on request?

thanks!

doug s.

4. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

The Soul lines turntables are works of art, nice !

5. morris_minor

morris_minor Vinyl addict

A great TT - and Zero 7 as well!

6. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

STRANGE: I did see those yesterday but I don't see them today.

7. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Nope.

8. bootbox

bootbox Forum Resident

Thanks Doug! The sound quality is pretty outstanding for sure. I've had a handful of nicer Pioneer tables (PL-550, PL-630, PL-9), a Technics 1210, a Project Debut Carbon, a MusicHall 2.1LE, this custom table beats them all handily. Perfectly black backgrounds and incredible detail retrieval. The cart is a real performer too and the arm suits its high compliance very nicely. There is also something very special about idler drive tables that I had to hear to believe. They have a very lively, urgent quality, I love it.

I ordered my PTP6 directly from the maker via the Lenco Heaven forums. Once you register, you can find the info thread here:
    Lenco Heaven > Members Only > Market Place > Traders > The PTP6

Thank you! I was bummed to hear this EP was limited to the UK only but it was super cheap and easy to get from juno.co.uk, very happy to have it, I'm a huge fan (of their first 3 albums at least)

9. doug_s.

doug_s. Forum Resident

thanks! i'm a member there; didn't take me long to find the thread. not a bad deal at all. i've been tempted to pull the trigger on a lenco for modding.

the only other idler drive i've used (haven't gotten the fairchild 411 hybrid i the system yet) was my first "real" turntable, a dual 1219. (a LOT of years ago.) one of my happiest audio memories was literally tossing it into a big dumpster! boy, i hated that thing. even with my primitive early system, it sucked - wow you could see on the built-in strobe, and hear thru the speakers. and, after about a year, it started requiring regular fiddling. i was SO happy when it got replaced, with a very decent c&j walker cj55.

doug s.

10. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

Nope, don't see these either.

11. action pact

This is what we are seeing:

[​IMG]

Aftermath likes this.
  12. Jerjo

Jerjo Forum Resident

I don't see anything either

13. doug_s.

doug_s. Forum Resident

interesting - i see a pic of my fairchild 411. something fishy here...

doug s.

14. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Nothing here either.

15. action pact

What service do you use to host your pics?

16. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

It's tricky to make a sharable link with Google drive or Google photos. It can be done. Make a link to share by email. But I would generally advise against that unless you know what you're doing. One issue is that Google won't remove GPS location info and other personal info present in the metadata (tags) inside the image. If you take a photo with your phone and the phone embeds GPS coordinates (most do by default) you could be giving away the exact location of where you live. Google drive and Google photos is designed to share photos with friends you trust and family, not with the entire internet.

It's better to use a service like Imgur to share photos. Imgur will remove the GPS coordinates and other personal metadata from the photos when you upload them. Imgur is designed to share images with the entire internet. I would suggest making an account at Imgur before uploading photos. Making an account will allow you to manage and later delete the photos later.

17. action pact

Good info and advice. Google Drive is definitely not well-suited for posting images on forums.

18. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

Haven't posted a pic of the TT for a few years, VPI Classic Signature SE. I've since made a new Rack that is wide enough to accommodate a VPI HRX one day (hoping to find a mint used one).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  19. mkane

mkane Strictly Analog

20. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

This is before I set it up.. Second (12 inch Jelco 850) arm is on it's way.
    [​IMG]

21. morris_minor

morris_minor Vinyl addict

Juno are a great retailer! And I know what you mean about Yeah Ghost! It needed to be an evolution not a revolution. Juno are selling a new 12" single Aurora/Mono - much better!

bootbox likes this.
  22. avbuff

avbuff Forum Resident

[​IMG][​IMG]This baby has been with me since ’74/(’75?), and it has truly gone through the wringer during my early adult life, remaining unscathed, and never missing a beat. She then spent a few years in mothballs before I put ‘er back into service in the mid eighties; it’s been my “backup TT” for the past 35 years!

The stock blonde(ash?) plinth never really grabbed my affection, and a few years back I decided to build a new plinth with the intention of using some exotic hardwood and veneer. Having recently retired and re-evaluating my finances, I decided to forgo the expense, and use common materials. Now while the finished project doesn’t necessarily elicit that “Wow” factor, it does have a clean contemporary look, and I’m more than satisfied that it is no longer the ash veneer. Purist may feel differently.

It was certainly a mind f*** when I was browsing Pinterest and came upon a pic of a Thorens TT almost identical to my new look! Coincidence, or had I seen it earlier, yet have no memory of doing so… Hmmmm.

23. David McRoberts

David McRoberts Forum Resident

Here is my Avid Diva II SP.

Some amazing looking and sounding turntables in this thread.

[​IMG]

24. avbuff

avbuff Forum Resident

David, a beauty indeed; a work of industrial art. I've drooled over the Avid TTs for many a moon, but for this ol' fart,
    possession is only a dream.

David McRoberts likes this.
  25. Memphisflash

Memphisflash Forum Resident

Small upgrade for my secondary turntable, A Tizo Acryl platter ... looks nice, sounds great (or was it the other way around)
    IMG-1795
    IMG-1792