New Survivor ' Island of the Idols '

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Wildest cat from montana, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

And it' s always great when players at tribal council say things that are so out of touch with what is actually going on.
    Episode 2 was a fine example of this. Jamal (?) was telling Jeff how the game was just in first gear and only getting started because he thought his alliance was in the driver's seat. When Molly got the heave-ho the look on his face was priceless. He didn' t have a clue what was going on.
    It's just like another player said : the game is pedal-to-the-metal as soon as you set foot on the beach.

bmasters9 likes this.
  2. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

So that's twice in one episode we saw someone thinking they had their finger on the pulse of the game only to be blindsided at tribal. Aaron thought he and Ronnie were running things on Lairo until they weren't and the look on Jamal's face after the votes were read was, as you said, priceless indeed. Even Rob & Sandra were gobsmacked that the outsiders managed to wrest control of the game by voting out Molly. Lately, people have been so scared to make ballsy moves early on and usually go for the safe, obvious choices. It feels like this may be an interesting season after all.
    Oh and I'm not convinced that Rob and/or Sandra will not get a chance to enter the game at some point. They keep telling the people who arrive on Idol Island they're not eligible to play but yeah, whatever.

3. Wildest cat from montana

[QUOTE="Manapua, post: 22274589, member: 62637"
    Oh and I'm not convinced that Rob and/or Sandra will not get a chance to enter the game at some point. They keep telling the people who arrive on Idol Island they're not eligible to play but yeah, whatever.[/QUOTE]
    I truly hope they do not get involved in any other capacity other than what they are doing now.
    If they start visiting the tribes or playing in the challenges or , God forbid , somehow get involved in the voting it will be cheesy beyond cheesy.

4. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I'll have a little ham with that cheese. :uhhuh:

5. Wildest cat from montana

I saw on the preview for tonight's episode that someone suffers an injury. Will he/she be taken out of the game?
    Stay tuned...

6. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Between the starvation, lack of quality sleep and physical comps, I'm surprised more players aren't removed from the game due to injuries. I haven't formed any attachments yet so it's a toss-up for who I'd want gone but maybe one of the big guys who think they're running the game?

7. Wildest cat from montana

I used to be in a Survivor pool at work and then I cared about who was voted off. I don't have any attachments to any of the players now and just enjoy the lying and rampant paranoia.
    I'm guessing Jamal is going to freak about Molly getting the ax and he may be on the chopping block.

8. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Always hate when the women hate a good looking female and send her packing denying us some eye candy.

Tree of Life likes this.
  9. Wildest cat from montana

The reason is always the same too: they "know the game she' s playing."

10. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Vince. How many times are we gonna see someone leave with an idol in their pocket? And why wasn't that first woman on the team worried that he would come back, tell everyone what's up on Idol Island and blow her game up? Is the purpose of all this to form yet another alliance of II survivors? I mean, besides make it so that practically every contestant eventually has an idol?

11. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

You took the words right out of my mouth :cheers:

Manapua likes this.
  12. Wildest cat from montana

Being voted out when you have an immunity idol is The Ultimate Survivor Shame.
    A well played immunity idol is a thing of beauty. One not played is ...stupid.

rburly, Tree of Life and nosticker like this.
  13. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

What is craziest about his non-move is that he knew his idol was only good for the next 2 votes so he had little to lose and everything to gain by using it. I get wanting to hold on to it for as long as possible but seriously, a week or so into the game is hardly long enough to start trusting people. I'm also wondering if whatever K was whispering to some of the women about caused them to vote off Vince. Hope it comes to light on the next episode.
    Oh and Jeff again ignored Dean during Tribal and I believe two other women this time. At least Dean got a confessional.

14. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I’ve found the last several seasons, that by the time the tribes merge, I still barely know who half of these people are.

15. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Love Boston Rob’s advise, he truly knows the game and is quite a mentor. He would have these people for lunch.

16. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Okay, I just read a post vote-out interview with Vince. Apparently, he and Elizabeth (the first player to go to Idol Isle) confabbed as soon as he returned but they only had about an hour from that point until the challenge so there wasn't much time for him to lock things down. He bonded with Missy and Elaine from the beginning over their shared sexuality. Seems like he simply trusted people he shouldn't have. Dumb.

17. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Molly gone...the only "Eye Candy" this season....

Lot's of incredibly dumb people on this one

Most of them couldn't survive in a tent in their backyard by themselves for a week, let alone a deserted island.

18. Wildest cat from montana

[QUOTE="Tree of Life, post: 22306719, member: 45114"

Lot's of incredibly dumb people on this one
    [/QUOTE]
    It sure looks like it.
    Example : Dean blurting out " split the vote ". In front of everyone ! What?

19. Wildest cat from montana

Drama Queen Moment :
    Karashima cutting herself and crying no one cares about her. OK. ..she sustained an injury. The med-team bandaged it ( off camera ) . I'm sure a few of her tribe mates asked if she was alright. But she seems a bit of a whiner who expected them to all commiserate with her at length about her ' wound '.

Tree of Life likes this.
  20. Wildest cat from montana

[QUOTE="Manapua, post: 22305621, member: 62637"He bonded with Missy and Elaine from the beginning over their shared sexuality. Seems like he simply trusted people he shouldn't have. Dumb.[/QUOTE]
    When will people learn about surviving on ' Survivor '?
    You don' t 'bond' with people because of race , sexual preference , mutual hobbies, age , hairstyles or eye colour !
    Bond with people who can advance you in the game. And slit their throats when it is time to do so.
    One of the tribes thinks it has an all-women alliance going on. Fine. As soon as one of them realizes she' s on the bottom shelf of this gang she will do whatever is necessary to advance herself in the game. We've seen this before.
    There was a season some years ago where one tribe was all women and the other all men. After the merge it boiled down to about six women and one man left. The all-women thing crumbled like a house of cards and the guy won.

21. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

It sure looks like it.
    Example : Dean blurting out " split the vote ". In front of everyone ! What?[/QUOTE]
    I laughed out loud when one of the women, I don't remember who, retorted "We're all right here" after he said that. And it looks like he'll compound that problem by starting a showmance according to the trailer for next week's show.

22. Wildest cat from montana

I never correctly guess who will emerge as the Survivor of any season but I often guess who will not.
    Dean? Not.

GLENN likes this.
  23. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I tend to look at who's getting confessional attention and more importantly, how they are narrating the experience. I'm not completely in on anyone just yet but have noticed that redheaded Tom often sounds as if he'll be around for the long haul.

24. Wildest cat from montana

I hear ya about Tom. He's doing the right things at the right time. Early in the game still though.

25. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

On the surface, he seems rather generic as far as players go so it makes me suspicious that he's gotten more solo camera time than many of the others. I also notice the person getting voted out often has solo camera time early in the episode much like Vince did this past week. Yeah, I know, probably way too invested here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.