Eddie Van Halen's health?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by WarEagleRK, Sep 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

2. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Amen, brother.

3. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Eddie Van Halen is one of the greatest to pick up an ax. Segovia, Django, Wes, Charlie, BB this is his company. So many followed him. Went to Musicians Institute could play Bach, much more trained and perfect. But, Eddie is just energy, he is just completely fluid in his playing. He is more Page to me than anyone. Just raw sloppy and completely free. They don't play the same but the approach is the same. Nothin like him. Legions followed but none as loose and cosmic. He may not have dug Hendrix, i think he saw him as competition, but, he plays in that SRV Hendrix Coletrane eyes into the back of the head and head to the sky way. Unhinged , unchained........EVH!

4. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

If it's true that EVH is ill, then I hope he and DLR can get together, and put the bad stuff behind them. Ultimetly they were coworkers, but it's a different job when you're in a band that came here to entertain you.

5. Django

Django Forum Resident

Eddie has been through the wars health wise. Hope he will be alright.

6. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I hope Eddie is ok. I’m not prepared to have him leave this mortal coil yet.

7. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Whatever EVH is going through is not my business but whatever it is he is going through I hope he pulls through OK.

8. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

The Wolfgang album delay *is* suspicious. But if things with Eddie were reaching a critical level, I sure hope Dave wouldn't be out there promoting Vegas dates.

Whatever the reality, God bless EVH.

9. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident Thread Starter

Wolfgang's delay has been 4 years or more at this point. I don't think this all falls on his dad's health.

10. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

Although it seems the Van Halen family has a "don't care what the gossip is" mentality these days, it's coming to a point someone connected with them or Ed or Alex themselves is going to have to address the mounting rumors. There's just too much unfounded talk going around now that really reminds me of the lead up to when it was finally disclosed Eddie was dealing with his cancer issues in 2000.

I do agree it would be pretty crappy if Dave was using some sort of health issue with Eddie to promote his upcoming Vegas thing which makes me think whatever is going on with Ed isn't life threatening but I do believe Van Halen is at the very least done with Dave if not done as a recording/touring act altogether under any iteration.

11. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

12. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

I believe it. He's been using a vape pen instead of cigarettes for a while now. I don't believe metal picks are the culprit. It is very sad news to hear regardless.

13. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Not at all unusual for someone who has had a previous tongue cancer to get either a recurrence or a new cancer (I work in a head and neck cancer unit and see patients with these conditions regularly). May well be perfectly treatable. It’s a shame celebs aren’t allowed any privacy when they’re ill, but I hope it all goes well for EVH.

14. Audiowannabee

Audiowannabee Forum Resident

get well eddie...best wishes

15. blastfurniss

blastfurniss Forum Resident

The TMZ report has caused some negative comments about the insensitivity of DLR. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if DLR had been kept in the dark on Eddie's health. They have a business relationship and aren't friends. Bowie kept his health closely guarded. EVH was probably trying to do the same before the tabloids got involved.

16. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

I never believed the metal pick theory that he claimed either. It's much more likely that the cigarettes he smoked for decades caused the cancer. “When you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras.” Whatever the reason, I wish him well.

17. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I wish him well and all goes as positively as possible for him. Hopefully, he'll be back and rockin' before long.

18. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

Drinking has a lot to do with this as well (and no doubt, VH drank more than their fair share).

I have friends who smoke pipes, and their motto is, "If you're going to smoke, don't drink, and if you're going to drink, don't smoke."

Either one is bad enough on the system, but combining the two at the same time ups the risk exponentially (the late Christopher Hitchens, as well as Graham Chapman, come to mind).

19. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

Get well Eddie. But really is anyone surprised? Eddie continued to smoke heavily even after his tongue cancer. And as far as these Vapes go, I'm not exactly hearing positive things about them either.

20. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

I'm sorry to hear this news.......mouth/ throat cancer is a horrible thing. I wish him the best.

21. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Hope all goes well Eddie.

22. Anton D

Anton D Forum Resident

A pick?

Yeah, decades of alcohol potentiating tobacco's effect couldn't be it. it's gotta be that metal pick.

I wish him the best, but limited ability to think critically.

23. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

24. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Funny how some people want to deny that smoking causes all sorts of problems. Must be smokers. lol

25. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

from the article:

"Our sources say ... Eddie has flown to Germany for 5 years to get radiation treatment, and for the most part it's worked to keep the disease in check. As for his current condition ... there are lots of rumors, but people who know him say he's seems to be doing okay -- at least on the surface."

MikaelaArsenault and GodShifter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.