Grateful Dead-Pacific Northwest-73-74/19 disc box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by I333I, Jun 12, 2018.

1. MattG

MattG Unreliable Narrator

I ordered this from the Rhino store back on 9/1 when they were on sale, checked my order and it's still in Not Shipped status. Anyone else having this issue? I tried emailing them through the Contact Us link on their site a few days ago, haven't received a response yet.

Aardvark23 and trd like this.
  2. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

I ordered the 77 set that same day and have heard nothing about shipping as of yet.

trd likes this.
  3. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Same here. Maybe Dr. Rhino is doing order fulfillment now.

4. T-Mac

T-Mac Forum Resident

I had a problem with the second disc of the latest Dave’s pick, email Dr Rhino and received computer response. Did not hear anything for 3 weeks, finally email dead.net customer service and did not hear anything for another three weeks. The email was short and sweet, they have replacement discs and when it is ready to ship they will contact me. It also said do not respond.

I have always had quick response to issues, I read other posts that said they are moving warehouses or something to that effect, perhaps it is a large job. Looking forward to actually being able all of DaP 31 .

Did not stop me from order the new JFK box

Glenn coates likes this.
  5. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

I don't doubt that moving warehouses is a huge deal and not easy but, uh, I'm starting to wonder how long they are going to be leaning on that one. I used to work for an architecture firm that worked on a lot of distribution center buildings and I saw people move into new warehouses and be up and running within a matter of weeks when they needed to be.

trd and KCWhistle like this.
  6. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

When providing people with product they have ordered is the primary customer interaction of the organisation, using the excuse for months and months and months starts to look less and less plausible.

Billy_Sunday, trd, KCWhistle and 4 others like this.
  7. GuidedByJonO)))

Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at.

Six Bachelors and trd like this.
  8. trd

trd Forum Resident

I ordered the 89 RFK set on 8/24 and it has not shipped yet. I sent a very polite email last week and received a bit of terse reply that they are moving warehouses, can’t give me an estimate and informed me of how I could cancel my order if I wanted.

9. GuidedByJonO)))

So the first half of this has been their standard response pretty much all year now, but it's that second part that has me a little more worried than usual. The terseness seems new, previously they had been at least polite about trying to explain away the shipping clustermugs.

Six Bachelors, bzfgt and trd like this.
  10. trd

trd Forum Resident

Yeah was not expecting that

11. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

Ordered 8/30, still "pending." My credit card has been authorized twice.

12. Glenn coates

Glenn coates Forum Resident

I sent an email about a damaged disc 2 from Dave’s 30 1-2-70 and still have heard nothing.......not good I subscribe every year its not hard to email a customer back it not like they have to call me.

Imagine70 and bzfgt like this.
  13. Aardvark23

Aardvark23 Forum Resident

I am in the same boat, my PNW box has not been shipped either.

14. Aardvark23

Anybody received this box from the Rhino sale? My inquiries to Rhino are being met with deafening silence.

jeffsab likes this.
  15. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

6/26/73 is a grower. Small example of the second set opening Bertha still regrettably only has the one chorus solo BUT that solo is a thing of rare beauty. Jerry almost like one of those great single note jazz guys like Grant Green. Keith is all over this show. Minimalistic virtuosity. Comes into view this morning after hearing 3 jazz master pianists last night. Keith has/had that type of natural touch and feel.

Not quite to the level of Craig Taborn but who does?

16. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

I've often wondered if Jerry listened to Grant Green. Jerry goes much further, but Grant's clean notes and tone are like the founding strata of Jerry's playing.

17. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

I ordered on 9/1 and the same story. No email response no shipment. I'm a patient person but this is pushing it.

18. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

I ordered the '77 box from Rhino, was charged for it on 9/1 and cannot get them to respond my queries about it either.

19. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

It's hard to imagine that he didn't. Jerry harkens to him stylistically (at times - as you note) and Green was just too well-known for Jerry not to be at least fairly familiar with him.

As for those of you who are getting the royal runaround from Dr. Rhino, I sincerely hope that your purchases arrive safely and soon. :tiphat:

20. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Never seen any confirmation in interviews, but it seems very unlikely that Green wouldn’t have been on Jerry’s radar. I was just listening to Grant’s First Stand this evening. I’ve loved Green’s playing ever since first hearing him about 25 years or so ago, already a bit late to the party.

21. Aardvark23

Actually received this set from Rhino finally. Of course about 1 1/2 weeks ago I sent them a request to cancel my order due to my frustration with them. They never responded to that email either - big surprise there!

I really hope there are no bad disks in this set or I will undoubtedly be up the creek. Think I am pretty well done with Rhino after this. It’s a shame Dave has never made a single comment about the situation - really makes us Dead fans think he and the organization really doesn’t care much about us loyal fans and just want to make a buck.

budwhite, frightwigwam and Erik B. like this.
  22. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

[​IMG]

23. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

I received mine finally last week. They didn't send me a shipping notice until after the box was delivered. Fortunately my box and discs are in excellent shape. Listened to the first show last night Vancouver 73 and it was fantastic.

Billy_Sunday, superstar19 and Erik B. like this.
  24. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I think that they care for the fans because the archival releases are carefully produced and put together, but as an organization, they're terribly chaotic and in some cases have proven to be plainly inept.

25. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I would guess, like pretty much every business now, they are cutting corners in order to save money. Fewer employees, less quality control, etc.