Avant-Garde, "New Music", Now Playing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AxiomAcoustics, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Dark drones with things swirling deep in the void. There's an awesome weight to this music, it changes the air pressure. This is the far reaches of some inner space in-between your synapses.Let it in.

johnnypaddock likes this.
  2. octophone

octophone immaterial girl

I enjoyed Mick Harris's Lull albums...haven't heard this tho'.

3. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

start here: 不失者* - 不失者 Pretty much all of his stuff is brilliant, in one way or another, but this (the second Fushitsusha album) adds an extra helping of fairie dust to make it magickal. Arcane Candy » Blog Archive » Fushitsusha – (Live II)

Mr. H and sberger like this.
  4. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

If I could only have one Haino album - which would be a shame - I'd go with this collaboration:

[​IMG]

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shall-I-Do...ds=keiji+haino&qid=1570962096&s=music&sr=1-26

I can't even begin to describe this. It has an awesome ambiance, and is fascinating throughout.

5. Roger Thornhill

Roger Thornhill Senior Member

I hadn't realised that the original version of Steve Reich's Drumming from 1971 had been re-issued for the first time since then until I caught sight of it in the racks last week.

[​IMG]

dennis the menace, 93curr and Vaughan like this.
  6. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Thanks. Appreciate the recommendations.

Looks like these are available at my local, on vinyl. I have a credit they are also a possibility. Thoughts?

Keiji Haino - Watashi Dake?: LP, Album, Ltd, RE, RM For Sale | Discogs

Keiji Haino / Jim O'Rourke / Oren Ambarchi - In The Past Only Geniuses Were Capable Of Staging The Perfect Crime (Also Known As A Revolution) Today Anybody Can Accomplish Their Aims With The Push Of The Button: 2xLP For Sale | Discogs

Oren Ambarchi, Jim O'Rourke, Keiji Haino - This Dazzling, Genuine “Difference” Now Where Shall It Go?: 2xLP For Sale | Discogs

Nazoranai = なぞらない* - Beginning To Fall In Line Before Me, So Decorously, The Nature Of All That Must Be Transformed = 変容されるべきものの資質が 礼儀正しく 僕の前に整列しだした: LP, Album, Gat For Sale | Discogs

7. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

8. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Just going to dive in. Large enough credit to pick up at least a couple. So pick one of each.

Mr. H and 93curr like this.
  9. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Well, I've cast my vote - I'd do the Pansonic. But as 93Curr is saying, they're all worth grabbing. If you're into Avant Garde Jazz he did a collab with Peter Brotzmann - talk about fire and MORE fire. If Classical is your thing, he collabed with Zeitkratzer, which is good.

Mind, I keep suggesting collabs as though that's how I prefer him, and that's not so. I'd have a whole lot more of his albums on CD if the prices weren't sky high on some of them. Just wade in, my friend!

sberger likes this.
  10. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

The Pansonic is on the list. But starting with vinyl that I can get with my credit is preferable for starters.

11. AlmostHeavenWV

AlmostHeavenWV The poster formerly known as AlmostHeavenWV

I'm going to see and hear David Thomas Broughton next month. I guess this could be classed as either performance art or pretentious, or both.

zerbrechen likes this.
  12. 926am

926am Senior Member

Thanks. I just picked up a copy.

sberger likes this.
  13. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Really good stuff.

14. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Well the branch that I frequent was out of a few of the Haino titles. They'll be shipping them over from their other store for me in a few days.

They did have the Sumac, but I passed for now. I was able to pick up the Nazoranai lp, and will give it a listen in a bit.

Thanks again for the recommendations.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    93curr and Vaughan like this.
  15. Zurna

Zurna Well-Known Member

Great artwork.

16. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

I actually prefer the CD artwork:

[​IMG]

17. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Listening to now. Intense doesn't begin to describe it.

Love it.

Look forward to more exploration.

[​IMG]

93curr likes this.
  18. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

19. elaterium

elaterium Forum Resident

I lived in NYC from 1976-82 and was somewhat involved in the ‘downtown’ scene but I don’t recall his name at all. Odd. I’ll have to check him out.

Dahabenzapple likes this.
  20. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Dahabenzapple likes this.
  21. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

jay.dee and sberger like this.
  22. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

23. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

24. sberger