Your favourite Sci-Fi film of all time ?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by alexpop, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Bride of Frankenstein

Almost always thought of as horror films, all of the Fankenstein films are pure science fiction

2. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I actually really enjoy Chronicle a lot. It's a film I can see multiple times and not get tired of it (yet).

Michael likes this.
  3. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

So many scares for this 60s kid. I watched so many of these things back when afternoon TV had monster/sci-fi movie shows replete with a host to guide the way. The Day The Earth Stood Still was a double barreled tingle up my spine between the the scene where the city comes to a complete stop and any cinematic appearance by Gort. The real one.

SandAndGlass and Richard--W like this.
  4. Timeless Classics

Timeless Classics Senior Member

5. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

I've often thought the same thing. :agree:

But then again, some of the "remakes" they've come out in recent years are nothing like the originals, so I'd probably be disappointed and gripe a lot about the smallest changes that most people wouldn't care about or notice lol. :winkgrin::cussing::laugh:

6. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

The Three stooges' Have Rocket, Will Travel.

Just kidding (though I love it)- Blade Runner

7. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I like the original Time Machine with Rod Taylor. I remember my grandfather taking me to the movie theater to see it.

8. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

I gotta mention something in ' Fantastic Voyage' that I find hysterically funny.
    It tales place inside this ultra- high tech place , right? And those two high-ranking military guys are monitoring the mission, right?
    Did you ever notice they're drinking coffee from a coffee pot that looks like it was bought at a Goodill for fifty cents?
    Once you notice it you see it about 30 times throughout the movie.

Hadean75 and alexpop like this.
  9. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

Mentioned in Endgame. :)

10. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

If they remade it today there'd be a lot of eye candy...

11. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Yeah, the challenge of outdoing Raquel Welch in a diving suit will be budget-busting enough...
    "Just think, C.B, ya gotcher skin-tight honeys inside the body, but...what if the body itself was, I dunno...a lobbyist callgirl...?!"
    "Hooters within hooters! Brilliant, Smedley...!"

12. Apesbrain

Apesbrain Forum Resident

Good choice!

SandAndGlass and darkmass like this.
  13. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

It's amazing the little quirky things that can catch one's attention in movies lol. :laugh:

What I've always noticed is how much sugar the one guy puts into his coffee. I like quite a bit of sugar in my coffee, but he puts so much my teeth hurt lol. :D

That seemed to be a large part of the advertising I've seen for the movie lol: There's a WOMAN in this crew! :yikes:

14. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Everyone's seen it at least once (it's terrifically re-watchable). It's basically now part of our cultural fabric, so much so that we've forgotten just how great this movie is. Sorry for repeating myself, but this is about as close to perfect as a movie can get.

15. Vinyl is final

Vinyl is final Not Insane - I have a sense of humor

The Matrix, absolutely. There is a modern meme that is used quite a bit "red pilled".

And what adds to my enjoyment is that I see this world as a form of "the matrix", only not with the "human battery" element. I see it that way from a Christian perspective and this world is but a shadow of the REAL world from which our human consciousness is projected into these biological machines we call "human bodies". Much as a player is injected into a "character" in a video game.

16. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

In the words of Simple Minds...Don't you forget about me! :D

I'll go with The Empire Strikes Back, though there are days where I'd rather watch Forbidden Planet, Blade Runner, Wrath of Khan, The Thing, Fantastic Planet, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1950s version), Alien, 2001, Planet of the Apes, Back to the Future...

aussievinyl and beccabear67 like this.
  17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

me too! just picked this up for a buck used!

applebonkerz likes this.
  18. Michael

I consider the 3 movies one...: )

19. Michael

love the hissing! LOL...freaky.

20. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Gene Evans!!!!

21. Michael

Indeed! and it's on BD!

22. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

War of the Colossal Beast is available on DVD but it's pretty terrible. I mean the movie, not the DVD. Colossal Man is available as a DVR on Ebay. I wonder if the rights to this one are a little muddied up because it is probably the only major Bert I. Gordon film that has not had a proper release, as far as I know. I have the DVR and it's a pretty good copy.

Michael likes this.
  23. Michael

terrible? LOL! I love both movies, but then I have a special connection from my youth! they were so cool to a youngster back then...we need them on BD!
    I have the DVD...better than nothing.

24. Timeless Classics

Timeless Classics Senior Member

Completely agree! Anytime, anywhere, if it is on TV I'll sit down and watch it.. It is so well written, casted, and acted that I wouldn't change a thing. Just so glad they re-cast Michael J Fox over Eric Stoltz.

25. Michael

went with my Mom...she loved Sci-Fi...

Dave Mac and ssmith3046 like this.