The Vinyl Community on YouTube

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jon9091, Feb 18, 2019.

1. :tiphat:

2. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality Thread Starter

Mazzy has been killing it with his videos. Always informative and entertaining,

I also recommend Cosmic Vinyl. He’s fricking hilarious IMO.

Jeff Kempin...good stuff

Dereckvon always has something interesting to say

Noble Records...great collection

Tree of Life and Mazzy like this.
  3. x2zero

x2zero Forum Resident

I recommend Vinyl Richie, cool guy into good music

jon9091 likes this.
  4. Are you my PR person ? Yeah there are so many fun videos to watch. It all depends on the style you like and mood. Serious or silly or a bit of both.

Cosmic is a crack up. All those you list are great too.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Tree of Life and jon9091 like this.
  5. jon9091

I also enjoy these fine people’s channels
    Nazz Nomad
    Vinyl Rundown
    The Omaha Introvert

6. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

Guilty watcher here...I subscribe to:

@Mazzy
    BarakaPDub
    Dots & Loops Records & Films
    Tommy Burton
    eat.sleep.vinyl
    New Vinyl Review

And I watch various other channels that have popped up in searches. Always fun to see what others are into and discover new music.

Mazzy, jon9091 and Ed Hughes like this.
  7. I love eat sleep vinyl and BarakaPDub. Eat sleep now works for Music Direct so now he started posting a couple of videos there. Wish he would do more.

wgb113 likes this.
  8. James1972

James1972 Well-Known Member

Will have to take a look when I have some free time. Always interesting to see other systems as well.

jon9091 likes this.
  9. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

Mazzy does about ten videos a week.

10. Mazzy is self employed works at home and sometimes gets inspired ... or bored depending on your point of view. :tiphat:

troggy likes this.
  11. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

Lucca90 likes this.
  12. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I don’t need to watch videos of hipsters :D:cheers:

nosliw likes this.
  13. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

There's a whole lot of them on YouTube and other social media sites. I actively avoid and block them as they're either poorly made, spout misinformation, use godawful clickbait thumbnails and titles, or very uninteresting.

14. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I'm on YouTube, doing album rankings, unboxings, reviews, predictions for future box sets and all sorts of stuff, feel free to check out my stuff! Loving @Mazzy doing the whack a mole videos, I'll be watching a few more of those!

Anyway, here's a recent example of mine, my thoughts on the future of the McCartney Archive Collection & vinyl reissues....

Ed Hughes and Mazzy like this.
  15. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Re-Vinylized (full documentary)

Darryl

16. jon9091

I have a few more people to add to my “Must See YouTube TV” list, but I’ll do that later. In the mean time, watch this....funny as schiit. :laugh:

Ed Hughes likes this.
  17. Yes Jon/Digital Gramophone is great. He has a low key approach and his subtitles are usually hilarious.

Of course I love this, but some just don't get satire anymore....including my response to this video-I love bashing Billy Joel even when I'm not bashing him . Fun stuff.

Digital Gramophone Makes No sense

jon9091 likes this.
  18. I do get somewhat serious too. and I LOVE Donovan

19. jon9091

I’ve been meaning to add Bob Bradley to this list for a while. He has a really entertaining delivery style.

I agree with whoever mentioned eat.sleep.vinyl.....although it seems like he hasn’t produced anything new for a while. Total jazz guru though.

bobbradley likes this.
  20. He is great too. I love his post sound effects and his enthusiasm. Good guitar player.

bobbradley and jon9091 like this.
  21. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

22. captainsolo

captainsolo Forum Resident

I've dabbled a bit in making vinyl related videos on my channel but I mainly specialize in discussing films and other media formats. My videos are very simple but I try to be very detail oriented unlike the vast majority of facepalm inducing stuff you find on youtube.
    It's cool to see some genuinely good content out there and get some sort of visual material instead of doing the usual forum lurking. There are some really great vinyl related channels out there as evidenced in this thread. Plus I now have many more I need to check out!

23. Matt Kessler

Matt Kessler Well-Known Member

I run the channel Too Many Records - www.youtube.com/toomanyrecords

I'm pretty disheartened to see that over 5 pages, my channel was only mentioned once. I'm extremely passionate about what I do, and I've been making videos on a regular basis (at least once a week) for almost 5 years. My channel is one of the largest ones subscriber wise (23,000) in the vinyl community but I often see no one mentioning me in threads like this on various forums.

I'm totally open to suggestions on how my channel can improve. I work so hard on it and I feel like my visibility is moving BACKWARDS as I grow. I make regular content and strive to keep improving my quality, I threw a very successful pop-up and concert in Los Angeles, I started a record label with two sold out releases and yet I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels.

24. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

I'll have to check you out Mr. Kessler.

25. Matt Kessler

Matt Kessler Well-Known Member

I look forward to your thoughts!