Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Realiz/ation (Content, tracks, etc. ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Hattipper

Hattipper Forum Resident

Backing up is wise, but shouldn't be necessary...hope for a resolution. Already spent enough on this set....

opiumden, rnranimal and rontoon like this.
  2. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Thank! Never knew that. Here I go again...

Billy_Sunday and Hymie the Robot like this.
  3. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Good morning hopefully I can get an answer to this question. I was reading Glenn Povey's excellent Floyd day by day book and Point Me At The Sky was performed along with Set the Controls and Saucerful on 25th January 1969 for a French TV station. The footage in TEY is lovely (David wears a great hat) and has a nice sound. Unfortunately there is no Point Me At The Sky. Was it not recorded or available for the box? I have not checked U Tube yet to see if it is on there somewhere.

Big Pasi likes this.
  4. central616

central616 Forum Resident

5. central616

6. central616

7. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

I remember someone said earlier in the thread that only 28000 of these boxes were produced. Well, they're still available, so I guess that number was horribly wrong.

8. JediJoker

JediJoker Audio Engineer/Enthusiast

You really think they've sold 28,000 of these boxes already? I think you overestimate the market size.

Clucking likes this.
  9. Clucking

Clucking Elixir of Life

Perhaps he means that the decision to create 28,000 of these boxes was a wrong estimate of how many they could sell? No way they unload 28,000 of these at $500/pop.

JediJoker likes this.
  10. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

I don't think that many copies of boxing were sold for full price. I bought my copy at very comfortable price £139.65 (including delivery) by amazon.co.uk

11. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

Wasn't that price for like less than a day?

12. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

It was only a matter of a few hours, if that. I ordered one and by the time I went back to order one for a friend, they were out. The price was never near that again, that I recall.

Hymie the Robot likes this.
  13. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Well, I did pay 500€.
    And tbh, until I found out that the discs were rotting, I found it a worth purchase.

Hattipper and rnranimal like this.
  14. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

Yeah, that 's it. If I remember correctly, it was January 7 for ~ 30 minutes. I was lucky to make my order.

Hymie the Robot likes this.
  15. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I was really unhappy I'd paid the full price of £375 but pleased a few got lucky. That £375 isn't the full story, hardware and BD blanks to burn the 5.1 Meddle cost me another £1oo and something, so about £500 in the end.

rnranimal and Hymie the Robot like this.
  16. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

I got in on it too at that price. Around the same time they also had Chicago quad box for $60. Both sets had replacement discs...

17. edfom

edfom Forum Resident

Got around to extracting the separate channels for the quad mix of Atom Heart Mother. It's pretty cool to hear Gilmour's solo in the title track more or less without the other music.

18. Saul Pimon

Saul Pimon Co-hosts Nothing Is Real Beatles Podcast (Jason!)

That’s where I got it too, it was only for a very short period of time, possibly 8 or 12 minutes. When it arrived the outer box was split and partially crushed. When I contacted Amazon about replacing it, they couldn’t as the stock was gone, so they rounded the price down to £100. Go me! As it happens, the box is in my attic and i just keep the inner box with the seven booksets on my shelf - much easier to navigate. I think if they’d sold it like that, without the vinyl singles, and pitched it at £199 it would’ve sold more. But what do I know?

Billy_Sunday and coffeetime like this.
  19. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

^^ I sold off everything except the 7 volumes and the outer box that holds them. I only kept the digital audio/video content (CD/DVD/BD). The big outer box was bulky, and all of that memorabilia, while cool, wasn't anything that I needed taking up space in my music room.

croquetlawns, Runicen and Saul Pimon like this.
  20. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Can't blame ya. The box takes up room in my music collection as well. WOW!! I can't part with any of it as hoaky as the extras are.

21. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Every once in a while, I think about either selling the thing off entirely or doing what you did (though, at this point, I doubt there's much demand for the outer box and ephemera). The weakness of the box design isn't just the size of the thing, but also that it's not really much to look at. Makes it hard to feel good about this big black box with its stupid white stripe taking up half a shelf...

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  22. mlcin

mlcin Member

Finding it hard to go through every page but did anyone ever do a bluray artwork for holding all the blurays in one case.Ive got 8 blurays but wanted to house them in one case.

23. dajokr

dajokr Classical "Mega" Box Set Collector

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but PF made pdfs of each individual volume's tracklisting available from the official site (example here). Does anyone know if there is a similar one for the bonus Continuation set?

24. realmdemagic

realmdemagic Forum Resident

zphage, polchik and coffeetime like this.
  25. Dieu

Dieu Forum Resident

[​IMG]