Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Volume 15 (Travelin’ Thru 1967-1969 (1st November 2019) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mbd77, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dee

dee Senior Member

And I like those later verses Cash delivers too!

RayS and HominyRhodes like this.
  2. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

One other nice thing about getting the “Wanted Man” preview is I’ll no longer be tempted to skip ahead to disc 3 when I finally get my copy of TT. Not sure I’d have been able to resist otherwise.

Natural E, anth67, RayS and 1 other person like this.
  3. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

Percy Song, RayS and DeeThomaz like this.
  4. Ricky Lampoon

Ricky Lampoon Forum Resident

Two tremendous artists having fun together.
    Count me in for this beauty.

5. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Looking forward to this one too.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  6. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

A fun listen.

dee likes this.
  7. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

I like the callouts to Jackson and Dyess.

If you didn't know, Johnny's boyhood home is still standing in Dyess and is on the National Register of Historic Places.

[​IMG]

Farm No. 266—Johnny Cash Boyhood Home - Wikipedia

Spadeygrove, Percy Song and dee like this.
  8. gazzaa2

gazzaa2 Forum Resident

Can't wait for this one.

9. tanqueray cowboy

tanqueray cowboy Forum Resident

Slightly off topic: I am dog sitting at a house with the Amazon speaker thing. Looking forward to the upcoming Bootleg Series release, I ask it to play the JWH album and can take no more than a minute before turning it off. The dog howled at the piercing harmonica. My ears hurt still. Many of us here have our go-to version of this album, mine is from the mono CD box. This is a remarkable album and it is bothersome that what most people have access to is the current Sony remaster that is literally painful to hear.

Mine and the dog's opinion, of course.

10. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

Original CD has the harmonica under control. I prefer the MoFi stereo (not everyone's choice) as altho the harmonica isn't as calm as the original CD and there are a few distortions/sonic wrinkles, overall it sounds more real and closer to the action.

George P likes this.
  11. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Me too.

Still waiting for "Love Is Just A Four-Letter Word"

12. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I've got the same problem. I have the Hybrid SACD box set. I find some of the other discs to be a little shrill as well.
    Is the SACD layer similar to the CD? I don't have an SACD setup but I would consider figuring out how to rip the SACD files if that would help.

13. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

The disc from the mono recordings box set is definitely my go to for John Wesley.

DotKom11 and Crush87 like this.
  14. George P

George P Notable Member

The Nashville Skyline SACD layer is a unique mastering and a big step up from the CD layer. It's even better than the MFSL SACD.

Not sure about the other Dylan SACDs in the box, though.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  15. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Interesting. Now I have a project.
    Off topic for this thread, but can someone suggest an easy workflow to rip the SACD layer and play as stereo?

16. George P

George P Notable Member

You might want to start a new thread to see if someone has already compared the two layers of the other SACDs in the box. I would guess that the others are the same mastering on both layers, as it never has come up before, except with Nashville Skyline.

17. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

It's great to have this, and fun it in its own right, but I won't lie. I wish we also had a "finished" version.

Bob's voice is so sweet, Johnny expressive, and you can't help sing along. Reminds me of "Wagon Wheel." Two great singalong songs (that fall apart a bit)!

AGimS and The MEZ like this.
  18. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

Totally love these lyrics:

Well I went to sleep in Shreveport
    And woke up in Abilene
    Wondering why the hell I’m wanted
    At some place halfway between
    So I went on to El Paso
    Stopped to get myself a map
    Went the wrong way into Juarez
    With ? on my lap.

matt79rome89 likes this.
  19. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

20. munjeet

munjeet Forum Resident

That line about Juanita got a lively response from the audience At San Quentin!

HominyRhodes and Wayne Hubbard like this.
  21. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

This is going to be a great release.

22. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

23. false_serenity

false_serenity Forum Resident

From what I understand, it’s not at all easy nor straightforward. Unless you pay a lot of money for software. The last working method I heard of was using an early version of a Playstation 3...

24. No, the PS3 method is woefully outdated and cumbersome. Ripping SACDs now requires a handful of select DVD players that you hack like the Oppo units.

25. There were quite a few underwhelmed people here at the time of announcement.The lesson from Another Self Portrait is that absolute gold can turn up in the most unlikely places.I definitely trust in Jeff Rosen’s judgement.Expecting more gold next week.
    By the way if someone had shown me the full extent of Bootleg Series and archival live releases we have now before the release of Volumes 1-3 I would never have believed them.A stunning gift for Dylan fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.