Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Amazon US and CA have a release date of Nov. 1!

https://www.amazon.com/Fragile-Yes/dp/B07Y4HSV9K/

Monk's Dream disappeared from Amazon.ca by release date and is 1-3 months (which I think is code for "probably never") on .com. Did anyone order from Amazon and get one? The pre-order price for Fragile on Amazon.ca isn't bad, and so much easier to deal with for returns (outside of the US).

2. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Apparently we'll have Fragile in a week (according to Amazon). My credit card hopes it's a month away.

3. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I wouldn’t go by Amazon.

Tullman and Myke like this.
  4. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

They are going to ship Fragile before they finish shipping Monk? I highly doubt we see Fragile anytime soon.

5. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

While that reasoning makes sense, I expect to see Fragile before Christmas. If not Fragile, then the Dire Straits 45 rpm series. Mofi will have something significant for the Christmas shopping season. Labels release major box sets at that time also - so there is always competition for your dollars.

6. Dire Straits should be shipping in the next few weeks, per MoFi

7. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Wasn't it by the end of October per MoFi? That would be next week.

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  8. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I get that they want to press a bunch at a time and not have stock sitting around. However, there aren't really any in stock that I can see. If they sold out the first half and now have a waiting list, that shows interest.

9. Correct. October is flying by, I didn’t realize it was so soon. I need to call and update my CC info

10. SRV_AU

SRV_AU Forum Resident

Is Couldn't Stand the Weather slated to be relased next up?

bajaed likes this.
  11. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

I for one want to know about faulty pressings and other issues with these records.

It may be simply negative to some but it is over all informative, once you get past the over cooked presentation :)

AnalogJ and NorthNY Mark like this.
  12. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

But I'm maybe not reading the "other" threads!

And even if it is only a minority opinion as to what is heard to should be voiced, or is this forum simply hand clapping and back slapping?

A balanced and informative reply is what is called for but too often we have to put up with personal insults or empty and unsupportive comments!

AnalogJ and NorthNY Mark like this.
  13. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

Bottom line...they look great and they sound great!

14. JAG

Is this the first one of these that this has happened to? They only made half the amount of the limited edition amount? They took my money. I have others and never waited like this. Why wouldn't they make the entire edition? or make less

15. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

There was apparently a problem with the packaging resulting in delay of the complete run.

spacecoyote likes this.
  16. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

This is also what I heard from a supplier.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  17. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

I am just listening to my copy of Monk's Dream and reflecting on the series so far. I have all 9 released to date and pre-orders in for the next 6 of which I am really looking forward to the Mingus.

I have no regrets at all about picking these up. I have had issues with only one so far (Marvin Gaye) for which a replacement disk was required, otherwise all copies are fault free.

I think that I will be enjoying this series for as long as I am playing records - I think they are wonderful and really state of the art examples of vinyl replay. There are some that I like more musically (Dylan, Evans, Monk, Marvin) but all are simply stunning sonically.

I hope they continue past the 15 announced titles - they are doing a brilliant job and I feel privileged to own them.

18. spacecoyote

spacecoyote Astral Resident

What are the six you have preordered?

19. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Yes - Fragile
    Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um
    Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't Stand The Weather
    Blood Sweat & Tears - Blood Sweat & Tears
    ELO - Eldorado
    Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years

djost and spacecoyote like this.
  20. Sam

Sam Senior Member

I've called twice and still can't preorder BS&T. How do you rate?

21. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I have all the same titles on pre-order. A few months ago, for whatever reason, they let people pre-order the ELO, BST and Paul Simon releases on the phone. I guess they are not 100% confirmed, so they stopped taking pre-orders.

22. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Yeah I ordered the last 3 back in July.

23. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I betcha the BS&T will be spectacular. It already has been released in great audiophile auditions.

Nephrodoc, FashionBoy and dkurtis like this.
  24. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

25. JAG

I received the good news that MONK has shipped today. I will have it via Fedex by Saturday. I ordered on the Mofi site.

Admerr, Grohlfan and Echoes Myron like this.