Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Me too - thanks Frightwig!

Frightwig likes this.
  2. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Now if they can just go crazy with the Nat Cole set, the Beatles singles, Let It Bleed box and the Fillmore Hendrix box I'll be a happy camper!

Frightwig and Big Swifty like this.
  3. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

Frightwig likes this.
  4. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

I've read on other SHF threads that it doesn't always use the proper mastering and if you want to hear how the USA albums sounded when released in the 60s you need to buy the two Capitol Albums sets instead. But for those who didn't grow up listening to them in the US in the 60s it probably doesn't make much difference!

Big Swifty likes this.
  5. Big Swifty

Thanks.

I've gone for it. What the hell. Can never have enough Beatles CDs lying around...

The price is right.

6. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

There is a very long and exhausting thread on this but the short of it is some of the duophonic tracks were replaced with true stereo tracks from the 2012 stereo box and taht caused a meltdown

So its really the US album sleeves with not exactly the same cuts at the 60's albums

7. Big Swifty

Thanks Easy. I couldn't resist the price...

Easy-E likes this.
  8. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

I bought the Am Hard Day's Night and Yesterday and Today separately. If it went down another $20 I'd be in.

9. croquetlawns

This is more of a 'crazy prices' at Amazon.au post - the new Bowie box was finally listed yesterday for a slightly overpriced $156 for 5 cds but is now showing at $293.87, while the forthcoming Pink Floyd box has almost doubled through Amazon and they're asking $1192.16!!! They must think we're crazy....

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Mylene and Jimmy Agates like this.
  10. Big Swifty

I've noticed as well they've taken down the pre-order for the new Nick Cave 'Ghosteen' vinyl but you can still pre-order the CD for $43.

The algorithm has gone rogue.

croquetlawns likes this.
  11. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Oh no - I hope we’re a lock.....

Big Swifty likes this.
  12. Big Swifty

Fingers crossed, Mr Wig.

Frightwig likes this.
  13. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Yeah, I cancelled my US one! :(

They havent reneged an anything Ive got for a weird price yet

But Ill bet that it will be 2 weeks late

Frightwig likes this.
  14. Idjit Dragon

Idjit Dragon Forum Resident

If anyone in Melbourne wants the Abbey Road Super Deluxe we can get 3 for 2 from Amazon US, so $USD 204 shipped. At credit card conversions (say 0.67) that's AUD$ 305 for 3 or $102 each?

Let me know

Cheers

Martin

Easy-E and Frightwig like this.
  15. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Woah, good deal - hope they do that with the 3LP set!

16. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Thanks Martin - I already have it (and paid much more than that) but very kind of you to offer.

Easy-E likes this.
  17. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

They are probably jacking up the prices ahead of the Black Friday to make us think we are saving half price, when in fact price is back to the same amount.]

I also note that they aren't matching JbHiFi on the buy two get one free CD deal Music Buy 2 Get 1 Free . Amazon usually lowered their price to 6.66 on the same CDs. Maybe their BOTS have taken a holiday or they simply don't care about matching those deals anymore.

croquetlawns likes this.
  18. Big Swifty

Good spotting. Thanks.

19. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

No problem.
    Funny enough the deal was not evident instore at JB Adelaide City a couple of days ago. Maybe their staff couldn't be bothered putting the Buy 2 get 1 Free stickers on only to have to take them off a week later.

20. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Big Swifty likes this.
  21. croquetlawns

I've found the JB deal, and there's some tempting discs, but I couldn't find out when it ends - do you happen to know?

22. Idjit Dragon

Idjit Dragon Forum Resident

No dramas, $100 is about the max price I'd want to pay so I'll keep waiting (plus the B&N Criterion sale starts tomorrow so I'll need some cash for that ).

Cheers

Martin

Frightwig likes this.
  23. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

This post probably should be in hardware - but Amazon AU have knocked their Sonos One speakers down from $299 to $254 each. I pair these up for small rooms - especially the kitchen, and they're a good sounding speaker for the price.

croquetlawns likes this.
  24. croquetlawns

Ignore that, I've been to collect three cds for $20, including the most recent albums by Beck and the UK band James - thanks!:righton:

25. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

I could be tempted to look at the Hendrix.