Terminator: Dark Fate*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Like T3 sort of T2 with a chick Terminator.

2. alexpop

world wide ..
    It’ll recoup no probs, what with media /merchandise. Not much competition in the theatres.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'll bet you it will not break even. Don't forget they spent $100 million+ on advertising, and it cost $185 million, and there's interesting ticking on that money. If it's a $295 million investment, and the studio gets less than 50% of the money back from worldwide theaters, they'd have to make north of $600 million just to break even. And more like $700M to make a profit... and $800M to make a pretty decent profit.

bru87tr and Deuce66 like this.
  4. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

25 people in the theatre last Sunday evening..........the franchise is now dead.

5. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

Please kill off this franchise :whistle:

mattdm11 likes this.
  6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

+ marketing of around $100 million (reduced by some obvious product placements/cross promo) - DF is looking like the bomb of 2019, move over Dark Phoenix, Gemini Man, MIB etc....

7. Deuce66

Empty calories, like the entire plot was sketched out over a weekend with little to no development. I can understand the comparisons to Star Wars - The Force Awakens.

8. Takehaniyasubiko

Takehaniyasubiko Forum Resident

People always wanted to see the continuation of John's and Sarah's story, with some new badass characters added to the mix.

Dark Fate discards John and makes Sarah an angry grandma. The new characters are horrible both cast-wise and story-wise. It also made no sense to hire the Deadpool guy to direct this movie. Miller is a cringe-worthy director and it worked in Deadpool only because people expected it to be a cringe-worthy movie.

mattdm11 likes this.
  9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I barely tolerated Linda Hamilton in the first couple films when I saw she was the lead in this I immediately had zero interest.

10. Deuce66

She isn't the lead.

Ghostworld likes this.
  11. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

That’s what the trailer led me to believe, and I thought: “they’ve hit rock bottom with this franchise.”

12. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

And are any of the stars getting any percentage of income ("points") as compensation?

I wish there were some way of finding out for sure whether a film made or lost money. I find it fascinating (and I'm being serious).

13. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

You're going to buy some action figures?

14. alexpop

Have in the past. And you ?

15. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

Been a long time. Long time. But I think it would be cool to have a bearded Arnold in the office.

16. alexpop

To paraphrase Arnie run to the store. :)

SBurke likes this.
  17. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Oddly there is no “Art of the film” book for this one. Even the last horrid entry, Genysis, had a coffee table sized book. Salvation, which had bigger expectations due to Bale, had a couple books on art and production, and a calendar too I think.

If a book is made, it will be late and the publisher will get the license at a much-reduced rate. Though I imagine such licensing fees are barely noticeable additions to a film’s income in any case.

Vidiot likes this.
  18. will_b_free

I’d have bought a Mackenzie Davis figure but as usual NECA is only making Arnie and Linda - who I dont need since I already have them from T2.

It took them 15 years to get around to making Sarah Connor from T2, so I guess we can expect a Mackenzie Davis figure in the year 2034.

19. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Which one? I read a few favorable reviews for Dr. Sleep and I liked the book. I'll definitely see the Terminator movie when I can watch it at home.

20. alexpop

A bit tired now so maybe not the Ewan film.
    Depends if it’s a full house then Terminator latest.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    ssmith3046 likes this.
  21. Deuce66

I guess this is it then....send :help:.

James Cameron produced the November tentpole, which is a direct sequel to the filmmaker's first two 'Terminator' films.
    Paramount and Skydance's Terminator: Dark Fate is stalling in its U.S. debut, grossing a disheartening $10.6 million on Friday for a projected $27 million dollar weekend.

Friday's gross inludes $2.35 million in Thursday previews.

The direct sequel to Terminator: Judgment Day (1991) is directed by Deadpool helmer Tim Miller and produced by James Cameron, creator of the the original Terminator franchise. The movie, playing in 4,086 theaters, seems to be infected with a case of sequelitis despite earning generally positive reviews and a B+ CinemaScore from audiences.

The R-rated movie reunites Cameron with original stars Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger, who join new franchise actors Mackenzie Davis, Natalia Reyes, Gabriel Luna and Diego Boneta.

Heading into the weekend, Dark Fate was tracking to open in the high $30 million to low $40 million range domestically. Overseas, where Disney is releasing the November tentpole, it opens in a raft of major markets, including China. In North America, it rolls out in more than 4,000 theaters, including Imax locales.

22. will_b_free

If T is to continue it must be as a tv series. Ideally a quality one on HBO.

23. Matthew

Matthew Senior Member

I said it earlier; I wanna see a Life With Carl miniseries.

“...and I told him, DON’T DO IT!”

24. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I like the previous TV series very much but I don't think the viewing figures were there.

JohnBeas likes this.
  25. Takehaniyasubiko

Takehaniyasubiko Forum Resident

Dear God, after seeing the plot behind Arnie's character in this disaster of a movie, my brain hurts. This is the most idiotic plot to ever disgrace this franchise. Cameron, what was wrong with you when OKed this?

bru87tr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.