Terminator: Dark Fate*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seventeen

seventeen Forum Resident

The TV show remains the best follow up to T2.

They had a female Terminator as centerpiece in love with John Connor.

There's nothing this film offer they haven't done better and 10 years before.

2. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

The de aged scene was the best and most surprising part of the film.
    Such a pity it didn't carry on that way.
    But according to Terminator laws it should have self terminated after its successful mission.

mattdm11 and alexpop like this.
  3. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

I guess you'll be seeing Terminator, because Dr Sleep isn't out until next weekend :)

4. Madness

Saw the movie today and really enjoyed it. I couldn't care less about storylines staying true etc. I've seen all the Terminator movies and liked them all.

alexpop likes this.
  5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Hot blond chick in the lead.

6. alexpop

Great opening.

7. alexpop

Dark Fate is was, and as fate would have it, all the front row to myself.

New Terminator ratings.

Terminator
    Terminator II
    Terminator DF

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  8. alexpop

King?
    I’ll be seeing it tomorrow.

9. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

We enjoyed it. Best Terminator film since at least the third and probably the second.

10. Madness

Release date of Dr Sleep is 8 Nov here in the U.S. Thought you were stateside.

11. alexpop

Nope. Europa.

Madness likes this.
  12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They keep this info very quiet. Generally the way the contracts work is most actors, writers, and directors, only get points after certain "milestones" are made, like if the film makes a billion dollars. Reportedly, Marvel just raised that threshold because they realized they were handing out much too much money to their cast and creative team. Everything is negotiable, but there's a point where the studio says, "nope, not gonna do that."

Good sources for info:
    Box Office Mojo
    Deadline – Hollywood Entertainment Breaking News
    Hollywood Reporter | Entertainment News
    Variety
    Entertainment news - The Wrap
    Box Office Prophets: Box Office Database, Box Office Analysis

SBurke likes this.
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Ehhhh... they tried the Sara Conner Chronicles on FOX for 2 years, and it was not great.

14. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Just watched this film in a packed theater and liked it a lot. The scene with the de-aged characters was very well-done.

15. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

My avatar indicates disagreement on this point! There were some low points but as a whole it was tremendous, and that was on a free tv budget. I do smile every time I think of how carelessly Sarah would shout after her son (whose identity they are trying to keep secret to avoid detection), not quite going this far but coming close: “John! John Connor, leader of humanity’s future resistance, you come right back here young man and do your chores!”.

seventeen, EwaWoowa and Deesky like this.
  16. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I really liked Sarah Connor Chronicles and wish it had continued. I can't muster any interest in this new movie. I'll wait to rent it, if I even bother. I liked Salvation and would have been interested in more of that, but they abandoned that and made the awful Genisys. That pretty much killed my interest, and nothing I've seen from the previews of this new one made it look interesting at all.

17. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

It was a really good show and took it in some great new directions. There were a few duff episodes in the middle of season 2 but then they just went crazy with ideas leading up to and including the final episode. Plus it had one of the best main cast deaths ever.

A missed opportunity.

18. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I agree, it was great in season 1, season 2 not as good imo, but still well above average. Summer Glau was a real asset and I just loved how she played the character with so much unexpected subtlety.

19. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Well, I quite enjoyed it. No, I wasn't expecting it to be better than T2 so, in a way, that helps with the expectation level IMHO. Reports indicate that the movie is failing at the Box Office but I really couldn't care less about B.O. takings, whatsoever. Acting was fine and all this "wokeness" wasn't force-fed like all those clickbait YouTube pages would want you to believe. Luckily, they're only a small minority so screw them. It's getting tiresome all the hatemongering these days. Thank The Last Jedi for bringing these people out of the woodwork. Enough is enough!!

sunspot42 likes this.
  20. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

I've been sort of mulling over it since I saw it yesterday. It's the best one since Terminator 2 but I don't think it's quite as good. I think it had some really good ideas and there were some decisions I didn't like even though I thought they worked for the film they made. I also thought that the pacing could have used a lot of work and the new characters just weren't as compelling as what was going on between Sarah Connor and the Terminator (Arnold). The potential of what was going on there anyway. It didn't really feel as though they made any effort to say why the Apocolypse happened this time the whole thing is sort of reduced to buzzwords and sci-fi babble. It's an entertaining movie with some good acting and a lot of the ideas are pretty cool I just had issues with it.

21. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I saw it today.

Started out great and really slowed to a crawl 1/2 way thru.

Decent ending.

Still love the first 3 better.

22. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

I just read through the last page of comments so not sure of the vibe....but wow, so so so bad. The flashback scene in the beginning was amazing, other than John Conner was still 12 like 7 years later..... but after that, it was pretty average. Then, once the plane scene happened.....look, I get we are watching a ridiculous situation to begin with, but everything from the plane on was just awful and beyond unbelievable. I shouted at the screen a few times and just threw my hands up. Ridiculous.

T II
    T I
    T III

The franchise died after T III for me. I really enjoyed that movie, and thought they could have taken it to the next trilogy of the battle with the machines. Instead, you get the trash of the last three movies which have ruined the franchise.

This was almost as bad as Man of Steel, the last movie I saw that I wanted to walk out on.

23. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

Nor should she be, she hit it big being in T1, they had to bring her back for T2, and then she hasn't had a role in almost 30 years....there's a reason for that.

The only question to ask is, who is a worse actress, her, or Adrianne from the Rocky franchise?

24. There is only one Terminator movie. Once the sequel started down that "life is a dark highway" BS, all others were dead. Useless.

daglesj, bru87tr and negative1 like this.
  25. alexpop

Terminator latest was surprisingly good on the big screen about 50 people watching it. I’ll get dvd blu ray extended ( if there is one ).

ssmith3046 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.