"The Orville," sci-fi comedy series from Seth MacFarlane.*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, May 15, 2017.

1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Holy crap, that was quick! May not be a problem depending on the circumstances of the divorce. Seth himself has a tendency to work with his exes (on this very show too).

MikaelaArsenault and JediJoker like this.
  2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

MacFarlane was dating Halston Sage (almost half his age, not that there's anything wrong with that), and when that relationship ended, she abruptly left the show. I don't think it's a coincidence, and they did not feel it was a good idea to continue working together...

[​IMG]

Seth MacFarlane Dating Much Younger ‘The Orville’ Co-Star Halston Sage

Why Halston Sage (Alara) Left The Orville: Will She Return? | Heavy.com

3. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Not sure. The scuttlebutt was that she had other (movie) offers. Also he did date Adrianne Palicki (Kelly) and Jessica Szohr (Talla), and it doesn't seem to have been a problem. It depends on the circumstances.

4. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

Too bad this is going to HULU. They just lost this viewer.

MLutthans likes this.
  5. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

We already get Hulu for Handmaid's Tale and several ABC shows, so it's no big deal. It'll save us another iTunes subscription next year.

6. She did appear in the season finale, albeit not much more than a cameo.

7. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

I don't see this being a problem for these two characters.

8. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

I LOVED the first season of The Orville. It was fun, exciting and fresh. :love:

Then we got to season two..... :doh:

I tried to watch it. I tried to like it. But I just could not get into it. Something about the show's atmosphere(?) felt different. It had changed somehow. :confused:

And then Alara (my favorite character) left....

Again I still tried to give it a chance, but I just couldn't get into the show anymore. I hate to admit it, but I totally gave up on the show a few eps into the second season (even the eps before Alara left me somewhat cold). :cry:

I guess I'll stick with the season one dvd and leave it there. :shrug:

I feel the same way. I cannot and will not pay each network individually to watch one show that MIGHT appeal to me. :crazy:

MikaelaArsenault and boggs like this.
  9. The Orville is one of the best shows in decades. Fox are missing a trick here and I look forward to Season 3.

10. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Fox isn't really missing anything, as Disney owns Fox AND Hulu!

11. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

There is no Hulu access in Canada so I wonder what this will mean for Canadian viewers.

12. BlackStrat_Fan

BlackStrat_Fan That's like your opinion, man!

But New FOX is alive and well.

13. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

No guarantees, but there is a precedent for other companies licensing Hulu shows for the Canadian market:

Where you can watch The Handmaid's Tale in Canada

14. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

No other guarantees, but there is a precedent for finding other means online for catching shows that don't involve paying premium services to catch one hour a week of programming. Cable-cutting isn't the answer...it's the unspoken option.

15. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Just now found out the show is going to Hulu...adios muchachos, as I am not getting Hulu. Really enjoyed the show but this sucks.

16. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

:agree: :agree:

Al Kuenster likes this.
  17. I don’t know there’s some other good original content on there. Just sign up when all the shows post watch them and cancel

RK2249 likes this.
  18. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

I don't currently stream anything so that really does suck!

RK2249 likes this.
  19. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Reportedly, the next season will be much more ambitious than before, with longer episodes (over an hour long with no ads) and a bigger budget (but they won't be changing the established spirit of the show). I can't wait!

Linger63, budwhite and JediJoker like this.
  20. Rachael Bee

I can't be bothered to sign up. I have Amazon Prime and I don't use it much. I own the first season in HD on there. I can watch it again. I have the second season on my Tivo. I don't need any new bills especially not for one TV show. Who knows, maybe I'll see season 3 eventually...? Maybe they'll put it on DVD like they did season 1.... :sigh: Last time I looked it never made BD. Maybe they'll dump the whole show into syndication in a year or two and I can watch it on DirecTV or Tivo which is my only streaming platform...???

21. To see it all you have to do is sign up when the entire run has been posted for their two week free trial. It’s pretty easy then cancel. I mean if you find it too much of a bother to sign up, then you’ve made a choice. The other option is to buy it again 0n Amazon.

I doubt that Fox will release a blu ray

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Rachael Bee likes this.
  22. Rachael Bee

I'll worry about seeing it when they actually make the next batch of episodes. With all the delays Seth is on about, it might be 4-6 months before The Orville comes back....or it crashes into space junk between now and then...??? The trial thing might work or I might buy it from Amazon. I like using my Tivo, it keeps is simple....no new thingies to try and fit in.

23. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

No, it's a year before it gets back.

24. Rachael Bee

I thought it was projected to be next spring. No matter when it is, I have plenty of time to think about it.

25. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Next fall