Plaid Room records deals

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by TakiJones, Feb 15, 2019.

1. TakiJones

TakiJones Senior Member Thread Starter

ryanward84 and googlymoogly like this.
  2. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

The 15 percent off applies to the Dylan mono "John Wesley Harding", with a starting price of 29.99! Not a bad deal at all.

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

They also have the Marvin Gaye MOFI One Step box in stock, so 15% off that is a pretty good deal.

googlymoogly likes this.
  4. wynnwikman

wynnwikman Senior Member

Thanks so much for the tip on this, I was able to get MILES DAVIS Kind Of Blue 2 LP 45 RPM MFSL for $51 shipped!

TakiJones likes this.
  5. googlymoogly

This is the second time I've bought anything from Plaid Records, and the shipping and packaging were easily the equal of any of the best online retailers. Nicely done.

6. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

did they send y'all one of those cool ohio soul stickers?

googlymoogly and hutlock like this.
  7. hutlock

I have one of those on my car from a previous order! Best sticker ever!

googlymoogly likes this.
  8. googlymoogly

Yup!

hutlock likes this.
  9. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Halloween Sale Through Sunday!

We are having a sale all weekend long! In-store and online!

- 15% off all new vinyl (excluding pre-orders)
    - 30% of all "older" used (used no longer on the new arrivals island)

For online purchases, use the discount code: HAPPYHALLOWEEN

Online sales lasts through Sunday at midnight EST! Happy shopping!

CLICK HERE TO BROWSE OUR ONLINE STORE

Thanks!
    Terry & Bob

hutlock likes this.
  10. hutlock

Thanks for posting! Love this shop...

GentleSenator likes this.
  11. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Sweet! Just curious do they offer a free shipping threshold? Just curious how much I shouldn’t buy :D

12. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

$50 for free shipping from Plaid Room @recstar24

recstar24 likes this.
  13. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

Any way to filter to display only used records?

14. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Thanks guys! Picked up Clifford Jordan glass bead games for $36 (!), plaid already offered it at lowest price online, plus discount it’s a no brainer. Threw on a blue note 80th, the Lou Donaldson alligator boogaloo for free shipping :)

hutlock, GentleSenator and Rekkerds like this.
  15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

been looking for an excuse to nab some new releases from these guys. their pricing is really good to begin with, so this is awesome.

recstar24 and hutlock like this.
  16. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

sorry was offline until now, their "used" section is "in store" only as far as I know.

17. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

I have been very pleased with Plaid Room. They packaging is bulletproof and all my orders always ship the next day.

18. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

I continue to be impressed with these guys. This arrived today, packaging like this should be the standard, additionally albums are individually wrapped. This box is bulletproof, with plenty of corner protection. Well done Plaid Room.

[​IMG]

19. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

same. The whiplash mailers IMO are the best ones out there. The level of care and bubble wrap spent towards shipping is a true quality standard. I’m looking to spend a lot of money with them hopefully on RSD

hutlock likes this.
  20. hutlock

RSD is how I discovered them a while back. Fantastic shop, really put care into what they do. Glad to see the support here for them.

googlymoogly and recstar24 like this.
  21. fightsongs

fightsongs Active Member

I can personally vouch for this store and the owners. Earlier this year I was in Cincinnati and drove out to their store. My map said they closed at 8. At 7:50 I called the store to ask where to park and make sure they were open until 8. The guy on the phone said they were closing in 10 minutes. I told him I was only in town for the night. He told me to come on in. Anyway, I spent the next hour browsing and talking to the owner Terry (and buying several records). I’ve been to close to 100 record stores around the US and this was by far the best experience. Terry is the nicest guy you’ll ever meet. On top of that, their used vinyl was great and priced well. Finally, these guys also own Colemine Records. They are my current obsession. Great soul records (Durand Jones, Kelly Finnegan). The quality and packaging of the Colemine catalog is second to none. I can’t wait to get back to Cincy to support these guys again.

black sheriff and hutlock like this.
  22. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Bob (who is the co-owner) personally calls me if there are any issues with my pre-orders, one time their shipment of a record arrived in bad shape for the black variant so he called me and got my okay to ship the color variant at no extra charge even though it was priced higher; another time they sent an incorrect edition by mistake and upon my email they mailed me the correct one with a printed return label with it. Their prices are quite competitive but it is their helpful customer service and great packaging that makes me go back. They tend to get backed up with the online orders during RSDs so cut them some slack around that time.

23. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

[​IMG]

It's hard to believe we've been in business for five years! We're going to celebrate the only way we know how....with a sale!! So on Friday morning, Valentine's Day, we'll be putting out tons of fresh used records! So swing by, say hello, snag some records, and don't forget to stop by Loveland Sweet Shoppe to get some sweets for your loved one! Here are the details for the weekend:

IN-STORE SALE: FRIDAY - SUNDAY
    • Over 700 fresh used LPs
    • 15% off all new vinyl
    • 30% off “older” used vinyl
    • 20% off all merch

ONLINE SALE: SATURDAY & SUNDAY (starts at midnight EST on Friday)
    • 15% of all new vinyl (excluding pre-orders)

24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

looks like they'll be getting another big purchase from me this weekend!

hutlock likes this.
  25. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Next to Acoustic Sounds, this is my other go to store. These guys are awesome. They have a great selection, got my Fragile One Step from them.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.