Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I can understand that North Dakota would not be the ideal place for a rear wheel drive land yacht in the winter.

2. Noel Patterson

Noel Patterson Music Junkie

[​IMG]
    Hot rodded my Debut Carbon a bit with an acrylic platter and an Ortofon 2M Bronze. Even managed to take the old cart off and properly install the new one without mangling anything, which is a feat for me as I'm blessed with 5 thumbs per hand when it comes to delicate work :righton::pineapple:

3. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Is anything connected to the Sherwood receiver?

4. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

So I'm having lunch with a sound designer friend on the Paramount lot a few years ago. We were joined by a close friend and co-worker of my buddy's who was the re-recording mixer of among a hundred other titles, Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds. I had become friendly and comfortable enough around this person to mention that I had recently watched the BluRay of War of the Worlds and honestly was a little disappointed by the lack of bottom end. Yada yada yada, few weeks later I come to realize that my cat had disconnected the RCA cable from the back of my 15" Velodyne sub.

5. SandAndGlass

Originally I needed an amp to drive my rear speakers, which I use both for HT and Stereo, so I didn't need that much power and I needed two separate audio inputs. I found this for $99/new on Amazon and that is why I bought it.

It served its purpose at first, but it had one really annoying point.

If a loud transient came through it, instead of just muting the output until the sound level dropped back down again, the whole receiver would completely turn off, which I thought was a completely stupid design.

I replaced it with a 50-Watt Emotiva FusionFlex power amp (to the left of the tube preamp). The FusionFlex power amp is more robust at 50-Watts than the Sherwood 100-Watt receiver and it can handle the current of a 4-Ohm load without problem. Never had it cut out on me.

[​IMG]

6. Matt R.

Matt R. Forum Resident

I have a pair of T-Zeros and I love them!

Bob_in_OKC likes this.
  7. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

With 5 thumbs per hand you even managed to shoot a superb picture :righton:!

William Barty and Noel Patterson like this.
  8. bever70

:biglaugh:I hope you got back to the guy and offered your apologies :D?!

9. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Gonzo Party Member

I forever respect a man who couldn’t care less about how great his car his, yet has a stereo that could finance a fleet of mainstream vehicles. Well done sir

SandAndGlass likes this.
  10. Either with such cars or such HI-Fi gear both can get you into the heaven. I would prefer the latter
    ;-}}

SandAndGlass and Crazysteve like this.
  11. bever70

[​IMG]

So....headbanging while trying to take a photo of the system at night was probably not the best idea :doh:.

Starwanderer, Dave, timind and 5 others like this.
  12. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

'Gal' :)

bever70 likes this.
  13. merelyok

merelyok Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Its funny what a nice(ish) lamp and a few plants can do for the overall aesthetic.

Dred, JUCO, Jay hartman and 90 others like this.
  14. tyinkc

tyinkc Senior Member

Beautiful set-up! I'm very impressed. Congratulations!

Tinian and Andy Saunders like this.
  15. Anton D

Anton D Forum Resident

I agree!

Sets a new standard for 'bedroom system!'

Tinian, SandAndGlass and basie-fan like this.
  16. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Had my new neighbor over today to check out the jams ,, he’s one of us I learned to my surprise and also has lots of vinyl and vintage gear. He really liked the Pioneer SX1250 system, saying “ man that Pion
    That and looking at your friends while you show off the jams with a “ huh? What did I tell you” look, just to find out you had the mono button on all night. Ugh! :)

17. ripping corpse

ripping corpse Forum Resident

18. SandAndGlass

Forum member yet?

If not, sign him up and let's have a look at his jams!

19. SandAndGlass

Thank You!

Funny thing is that while the car only cost me $4,800 back in 2013 with 24,900 miles on it. it might be the best quality car manufactured and sold in N. America. In rough city driving, N.Y.C. taxi cabs would typically get about 375k miles on them.

I would have more faith in this car over the long run than most new cars. In fact, I wouldn't trade it for most new cars, even swap.

Like the Grand Marque, my speakers are even more vintage. Made of plywood, with cast aluminum horns, about 40-years old, vintage and restored, they should also last forever.

[​IMG]

Dan C, Dan Steele, Turntable and 8 others like this.
  20. motorstereo

motorstereo Forum Resident

My 80's vintage Mcintosh electronics paired with 80's era khorns and games. All squeezed into a much too small room
    [​IMG]

Dred, barfko, izgoblin and 50 others like this.
  21. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Beautiful Stack O' Mac w\ K-Horns.
    Asking if it plays loud is redundant

SandAndGlass and motorstereo like this.
  22. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Ah, a nice Harbeth speaker system.
    Buddy, you need to add your system gear to the info page.

Bedroom or not, a really nice music space.

mktracy, timind and Steve Lawrence like this.
  23. Echo's Answer

Echo's Answer Forum Resident

I’m not to sure I belong here. I notice the video games before those speakers.

rocnred, Mad Dog, trd and 6 others like this.
  24. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Gonzo Party Member

That’s a riotous room!

SandAndGlass, timind and motorstereo like this.
  25. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

You know, I grew up in a neighborhood of 1100-1200 sq ft bungalow houses and a friend of my parents was a pretty serious audiophile in the 60's and had a similar set-up to yours in a, probably, 10x10x8 room (sans video game). Those Klipschorns still haunt me.

Manimal, SandAndGlass and motorstereo like this.