Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Don't fret, in about 2 or 3 years, another greatest hits will be released on 2 Lps. Maybe year 55 anniversary will be 2lps. The possibilities are limitless.:D

mur, latheofheaven and Greenalishi like this.
  2. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

So, just got an email saying my Flat Duo and Moving Sidewalks have shipped. So, i guess i got lucky. Would have never known unless you all told me thanks!

3. Larsen

Larsen Forum Resident

4. Greenalishi

Just did another order from the bin,

5 bucks off code SNOWMAN,

American Banjo Tunes in a Scruggs Style, Folkways, LP , 7 bucks

An unknown to singer from Uruguay lp from 72, preorder , 15 bucks , Diane Denoir, seems like a cool find

Billy Childish 45 , 4 bucks

JD Souther , Tenderness lp, 7 bucks

Abelardo Barroso, Cha Cha Cha, CD, 5 bucks, Cuban old stuff

Hate this site ;)

5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I’m going to have to grab that Billy Childish!

latheofheaven and Greenalishi like this.
  6. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

That JD Souther album is very good as long as you like his style...which I do.

7. Greenalishi

Love him. He had a real long jazzy song a few years ago where he kind of rambled, spoken word like. Love! that one. And out of character for what he's known for. Makes it all the better in my eyes! Interesting artist. Looking forward to the lp. The Diane Denoir is interesting. Only one sample i could find and it was super cool, of 72 sound. 30 bucks on other sites, pre order, seemed cool , took a chance. Love Billy! Anything old and Cuban i'm on it.

They had lots of Bear Family stuff, fyi. Some interesting stuff. I tried to stay around 35 to get the 5 buck discount. Some really discounted box sets by Bear for when they do the 10 percent thing again.

8. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Very good! Now send one of your children to each one of us, and if you don't have enough, you'd better get busy! [​IMG]

Greenalishi likes this.
  9. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

Wow, I wish I had seen that one. It's now $180

Juggsnelson and Greenalishi like this.
  10. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Keep an eye on it. They tend to mark the same things down a lot.

spanky1 and Greenalishi like this.
  11. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Got a significant vinyl backlog going on. Just spun the Scorpio Rising vinyl by Death In Vegas today, prompted by finding the CD in a dollar bin. Most excellent acquisition. Parts of the album are clearly song-oriented while other areas are more experimental. Regardless, all is right in my wheelhouse and the familiar guest vocalists are icing on the cake.
    Wow, listen to this Paul Weller performance. His most impassioned since The Style Council?!?! :hide:

The two albums are still available for dirt cheap. Cannot recommend them enough, not only for the songs but also for the fab pressings. Thanks for the recommendation!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  12. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

black sheriff, Greenalishi and Tjazz like this.
  13. latheofheaven

Awesome Bro, glad you like them! :)

14. hutlock

I grabbed the 2CD deluxe version of the first DIV album there too. It’s much more of a Chemical Brothers-style mainly instrumental affair but still a great record. Worth it for the price for sure if you dig it.
    Also, the Two Lone Swordsmen remixes of “Neptune City” are mindblowers, as are their versions of “Rekkit” from the first album. They also have a non-LP single that came out between albums called “One More Time” with Bobby Gillespie from Primal Scream on vocals that’s well worth hearing.

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  15. latheofheaven

Wow! They have a TON of stuff by Death In Vegas. I didn't realize. Thanks Bro! [​IMG]

***EDIT

When you say first album, you mean Dead Elvis, right?

hutlock likes this.
  16. latheofheaven

When you say first album, you mean Dead Elvis, right?

Sorry, you read my last reply so fast! :)

hutlock likes this.
  17. latheofheaven

Hmmm... that 2 CD set DOES look good. I like Remixes, especially in this Genre. I rarely buy CD's, but this is tempting. Maybe I can, uh *cough... find it somewhere :D

hutlock likes this.
  18. hutlock

Yes *cough* I bet you can... ​

latheofheaven likes this.
  19. latheofheaven

Heh heh... Actually, the remixes and stuff, just along with having the first album looks really good on Discogs. There are copies for about 8 Euros + shipping. I guess I didn't realize that this was apparently a UK release. I'll check on Amazon too.

They DO have their Dead Elvis 2-LP on Discogs too for about $45+ That's a bit of an 'ouchy', but I'm glad that you got me thinking about it. I still have some original MP3's from when it first came out on my HDDs but no full albums in FLAC. I'm waiting for 'Pedros' to come back online; they've been going through an extensive overhaul the last several months, but they are about ready to go live again. They likely at least have the 2CD Dead Elvis set.

I don't see any remixes by The Two Swordsmen though. Another group from that era and Genre that I really like. I only have 4 MP3's by them from that same time. I think the album is called 'Tiny Reminders':

Two_Lone_Swordsmen_-_TINY_REMINDERS_-_02-machine_maid
    Two_Lone_Swordsmen_-_TINY_REMINDERS_-_03-neuflex
    Two_Lone_Swordsmen_-_TINY_REMINDERS_-_05-
    death_to_all_culture
    Two_Lone_Swordsmen_-_TINY_REMINDERS_-_12-section

You can tell by the ANCIENT file formatting how old it is :)

hutlock likes this.
  20. latheofheaven

21. hutlock

Yep, that’s it! Still a great price.

As for the TLS remixes: the four “Rekkit” remixes were on their own standalone 12” subtitled “Death by a Thousand Cuts” (which is funny because, you know, Swordsmen lol). The “Neptune City” remixes go by different names in different places. They are titled Concrete Funk 1 and 2 (pretty similar) and are on a white label 12”. Sometimes listed as TLS, sometimes just as Andy Weatherall. One of them is on the “Aisha” CD single and also on the bonus disc that comes with their “Milk It!” Compilation album. Probably some other places too...

I was/am/always will be a HUGE Andy Weatherall stan so I’m glad to see Tiny Reminders on your list! Check out their “Stay Down” album (also on Warp) if you dig that one. Ridiculously great stuff.

latheofheaven likes this.
  22. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

TODAY - 10% off orders of 3+ items

Use promo code YULETIDE at checkout.

Coupon only valid through 11/15/2019 at noon CT.
    10% savings applies to the order total before shipping and taxes.
    The 3+ item total must be met in order for the coupon to apply.
    Some restrictions apply*

*Video games, video game consoles, select turntables
    and LEGO® products are excluded from the offer.

23. latheofheaven

Thanks kindly Bro, appreciate it! :righton:

Greenalishi and hutlock like this.
  24. Dignan2000

Dignan2000 Forum Resident

Clifford Brown “Brownie Speaks: The Complete Blue Note Recordings”, a hardcover 3 CD set is available for $12.64.

[​IMG]

25. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City