The Mayans

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chazro, Aug 30, 2018.

1. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Well yeah, obviously. But what he said would/could directly point to next season. Especially since he basically already threatened EZ. Hence why I wanted to know what he said.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident Thread Starter

Not only did he see the tracks and not say anything, he covered them up, which makes him an accomplice.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Don't think we know that yet?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Chazro

You sound mad bro. You mad? About what, a tv show?;)

btltez and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

He said “tell Paco it’s time.” I think he meant it’s time for Miguel to leave.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Huh? How do you get that I'm mad? I was responding to you. Engaging with you. Asking a general question, meaning I think we will find out next season why he partially covered the tracks, and what he said, and what he will do. Capice? lol

7. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Just finished the 1st Season the other day. Better late than never. Quality programming from Messr Sutter once again. What a twist at the end though. Happy! Really?!

I do hope he'll get round to that First 9 premise that was considered shortly before Sons of Anarchy concluded. Probably doesn't need to be a series though. Maybe he could execute that idea into a movie, much like the recent Breaking Bad El Camino film or something.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Seems unlikely since Kurt Sutter’s acrimonious firing. As far as I know, he doesn’t have any contractual rights that would let him shop a spin-off to another network.

9. Chazro

I knew Sutter was done, but I didnt know he was fired!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

11. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

12. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I doubt it will be long before Sutter is back with a new show somewhere else. He talked about turning down ‘Netflix money’ to stay with FX to do The Mayans. He’s been so prolific since 2002 with The Shield, Sons, and Mayans.

btltez, DeeThomaz and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

The only person associated with 'The Mayans', who should have been fired is the woman, who plays Emily(Miguel's Wife). Her acting is terrible and scenes with her brings the entire show down-IMO. Hopefully, Emily will meet the fate of Miguel's Mother in the next Season, although with Sutter gone, this Series might not survive much longer. We will see if it can retain it's quality. I want to see if Potter survives, or gets killed off in an epic scene. He is walking a dangerous line currently.

FVDnz, btltez and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

15. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Diva. Clown. Killer (TV Series) - IMDb

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

17. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

:cry:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Any word on S03?

marmalade166 and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I would think that while a few episodes might have been filmed, that with Covid-19, 'The Mayans' and other TV Series will not return for awhile until everyone in the Casts and Crews can safely return to work. I am bummed out, but we are living in a dangerous time currently, and hope I can stay free of the Covid-19, since I am Asthmatic(not Daily, but All Cats and some Breeds of Dogs due to their Dander shut down my breathing, so my Lungs are not Great, although do not have any daily breathing/wheezing problems).

Although, Showrunner, Kurt Sutter said that he will not return when he claimed that being a White Dude, that he felt a person of color, should be telling this story(although, soon after I read his statement last Fall, the story came out that he must have finally crossed the line on his On-Set Behavior with the Execs at the FX Network, so sounds like he was bowing out with class, as thought I read last Fall that he loved the Cast and had no problems working with them-actually it is in his Email in the link below).

Co-Creator, Elgin James is taking over though, so 'The Mayans' should be in good hands to complete the story(hoping for at least 3 more Seasons, as 5 Seasons might work best, as SOA started to lose it's Quality in the 6th Season, where the Violence was done just for the sake of Violence, whereas, I thought in the 5th Season, Violence was well done within the Plot-all IMO of course, as much as I love SOA, I can also be objective about it and 'The Mayans' might even turn out to be a better TV Series once it is completed, which would be awesome, as the 2nd Season really was strong from start to finish, whereas the 1st Season started out a little slow).

Actually, a link below is an article with what I assume is the latest update from February that also explains Sutter's departure from the Series(including a Personal Email from Sutter to the Cast and Crew), so sounds like James was more actively involved as the Head Showrunner in the 2nd Season anyways.

"Mayans M.C.": Elgin James Signs Deal with Fox 21 Television Studios

It will give me time in the next year to catch a few other TV Series that I just have not found time to watch, or at least the first few Seasons for Narcos, Ozark, The Handmaids Tale to name a few. Actually, still never saw 24(except the stand alone reboot season) and House of Cards. Also, the First Season of True Detective(I read was considered the Best Season).

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Brenald79, Scope J and marmalade166 like this.
  20. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

From Instagram it doesn’t look like S3 was close to being done.

21. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

22. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

so it was renewed though for a season 3?

23. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Yes it was officially renewed in November. Filming had started.

marmalade166 and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Unfortunately FX’s upcoming new series based on Don Winslow’s Cartel Trilogy book will be delayed as well. If the subject matter of SOA/The Mayans as well as Breaking Bad and Narcos interests you I highly recommend Winslow’s Cartel book’s. There’s no doubt to me that the writers of these shows get a lot of ideas from his well researched novels.

Border Stories: A Guide to the Novels of Don Winslow

25. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident