New Survivor ' Island of the Idols '

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Wildest cat from montana, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjp

rjp Senior Member

exactly. i thought the same thing. unless dan's meeting was done in 'private' and no one knew they talked to him, consequently allowing him to 'play dumb' later on.

and someone please please please tell me how in f**k karishma is still in the game, it completely takes away the legitimacy of the entire survivor premise: she has been outwitted at every turn, she hasn't even played a single bit, so she can't be out played, and i have no idea on god's green earth how she has outlasted anyone, let alone about 10 people so far.

2. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Watching the three Ponderosa videos so far, all three of those people come off as very cool and likable. I'm not sure how many more of the ones left I will still be able to say that about.

3. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

This season is train wreck viewing at this point. I watched a few episodes of some of the 1st three seasons on Amazon Prime earlier, and there was no comparison to the tripe we are getting now. The challenges were more brutal. The conditions were much worse. No hidden immunity idols, etc...….

4. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

In a nutshell, she's perceived as easily manipulated, therefore a vote in whatever voting block is in power. She also would be a perfect goat to take to final since her resume is thin to say the least. She's not the first such contestant to go far by literally doing nothing. And to her credit, she lasted longer in that immunity challenge than anyone had a right to expect. I'm just shocked that she's an attorney.

rburly and Kyhl like this.
  5. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

It was basically a 90 minute PSA about perceived sexual harassment.

Scotian likes this.
  6. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Last night's episode was possibly the strangest in the history of the show and really illustrates how far society has changed since the first season in regards to the dynamics between the sexes. I can't blame women for seizing the opportunity in the MeToo era in seeking respect and equal standing from men. This story is as old as the history of humanity and you only have to see how women are still treated in the Middle East to feel empathy for their struggle. What was most bothersome was how Missy, Elizabeth and Lauren used Janet's obvious concern and mom persona to manipulate her vote and throw the target off their own backs. It was a skeevy thing to do and while I realize this is a game show with a million dollar prize, it felt a little like selling your soul for profit. I suspect social media will not be kind to them. It also irked me that Probst spent so much time focusing on Dan yet gave those women a pass for their machinations. I will say that Janet's stock went way up by the end of the episode so I fear her days are numbered. And it bears repeating, Aaron is such an entitled douche that his comeuppance can't come fast enough for me.
    Oh and isn't it amazing how the focus on getting Dean out seems to have completely evaporated after the merge? I won't be surprised if he survives to final. On the other hand, my initial pick for winner - Tommy - seemed pretty unhinged this go-round. He had crazy eyes throughout the episode.

rburly likes this.
  7. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Forum Resident

My wife and I have watched Survivor since the first episode - we wondered what would happen if you had a "Richard Hatch" decide to walk around naked like on the first season!

8. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

Like I said I haven't seen it but I'm gathering from all the above comments that it's some b.s . about Dan touching Kellee' s hair ? Is that really all it was? Her hair?
    Last week it was a race thing , now a sexism thing. What next?
    Stay tuned faithful viewers.

9. Wildest cat from montana

Well , Janet did ' flash' her tribe on her return from her visit with Boston Rob and Sandra.

10. Wildest cat from montana

Oh !He's in it for the long haul. Unknown how many more seasons it will last but he'll be there until the end.

11. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

This was a thing early on with various women complaining about touchy/feely Dan, then it disappeared for several weeks until yesterday's episode. At first, I wasn't sure if Kellee was being sincere or if it was just a strategic thing to get rid of Dan but that ended up being part of Missy and Elizabeth's playbook. They sure do seem to be ticking off all the current hot button social concerns. Maybe ageism is next?

12. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

the last two episodes have been like watching an episode of Phil Donahue or Dr Phil or Oprah. it's going in a strange, unappetizing direction. as a long time fan i have a lot of patience for this show but it's wearing very thin right now.

13. debased

debased Senior Member

In last night's first hour, the producers went out of their way to show you scenes in which Dan touched other contestants, making him out to be a creep. Then, in the second hour we learn, no, it was just one overly sensitive woman making an issue out of something that the other women did NOT actually have a problem with. I felt sorry for Dan. The way they edited that was so reckless.

What a weird season. After the last few episodes/lectures, I'm glad Kellee and Jamal are out.

14. Wildest cat from montana

I found out here that they were voted out but that ' s ok. I was especially tired of Jamal .Full of himself and that' s not all he was full of.

15. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

I've always had kind of a love/hate thing with Probst, but he is really becoming insufferable lately. He seems so heck-bent on Survivor being "of the moment" and relevant that it really is starting to feel more like the Dr. Phil show. Enough already.

xdawg, GlamorProfession and Kyhl like this.
  16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i regress............................

krishna is STILL in the game............................

WTF

17. Wildest cat from montana

But ! Is this his fault ? I think the higher ups dictate the pace of the program.

18. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I think he is one of the higher ups now.

19. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

yep, and Noura too. two people with zero chance of winning which i guess is why they are still in the game. it's frustrating...

20. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

He is an executive producer so that would indicate he's also a higher up and has some significant influence. And like it or not, the guy is the face of Survivor. He recently said in an interview that he's kept up-to-date on everything going on with every contestant so at tribal, he knows the scoop and acts accordingly. If that's the case, then he dropped the ball by not calling out the women as well as Dan.

21. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I’ve watched Survivor since day one and as far as I’m concerned it’s steadily gone downhill to the level of a bottom feeding, scripted reality show that’s only interested in keeping ratings high enough to stay on the air by whatever means possible. There is a constant smell of desperation in the air to try to keep the show relevant. They don’t realize that people liked the original format & it was the contestants that made the show interesting. Not semi-hidden idols all over the place & gimmicks like Rob & Sandra.

Kyhl likes this.
  22. Wildest cat from montana

Eight episodes in and I still don 't get what Boston Rob and Sandra are doing.

Kyhl likes this.
  23. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Marketing

24. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Since it's been all over the net for awhile now, let me point out that the next season will apparently be an all-winners edition. Getting the hint?

rburly likes this.
  25. Wildest cat from montana

Oh , no. No no no. That is much too much.
    I was hoping for an all -women edition for a number of reasons.
    This all-winner thing will be terrible. I never like when players return.
    Are you hinting that Boston Rob and Sandra are coming back ? Oh no. No no no.

Kyhl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.