Who Likes-Vincent Price?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Luvtemps, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

My other favorite Batman (TV series) villain!

Jerk The Handle likes this.
  2. Jerk The Handle

Jerk The Handle Electrician

Roddy McDowall also voiced the Mad Hatter in the animated Batman show. To my knowledge he never played Carroll's Hatter in a live action feature, but he always sounded exactly like you would imagine Hatter would, or so
    I thought before I even found out about that animated series connection :D

3. EDIT: I see Henry H mentioned this on the first page - didn’t see it because pics/videos weren’t loading. Label your visuals, people!

4. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

It's on the Scream Factory release 'The Vincent Price Collection II'. Don't know about the extent of any restoration but it's the best it's ever looked to me.

Collections I & III are also worth hunting down.

Vincent Price rules. He always delivers a top notch performance no matter what the limitations of the budget, the script and/or the talent around him may be.

Shawn likes this.
  5. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

I got a Vincent Price box set last Christmas. Price's acting is amazing.

Simon A and unclefred like this.
  6. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident Thread Starter

Heck yeah,and having the time of their lives.

7. Luvtemps

Who ever said that should burn in Hell and rot inside a corpse's shell!!!

8. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

I had forgotten he was in that. It must be 30 years or more since I saw that movie. Time for a watch.

Moshe and mmars982 like this.
  9. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Inconceivable!
    Talk show topics today are vapid.

10. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

Love his AIP Poe films, especially the ones scored by THEE GREAT LES BAXTER!

Lightworker and unclefred like this.
  11. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I saw Vincent Price lecture to a sold-out house at the University of Arizona in October 1972.
    The campus theater had a Halloween marathon, and Price was to introduce The Pit and the
    Pendulum (AIP 1961). He set us up for a scare in the movie in which the Price character steps
    unwittingly into a cobweb. He didn't tell the audience when it was coming, but when it came
    the whole audience reacted in unison. That was funny, but his whole lecture was funny. I
    can truthfully say that Price was the funniest stand-up comic I've ever seen | whoever lived.
    He was a serious and dedicated actor, but at the same time, he didn't take himself seriously
    even though he took his character seriously. I don't think the movies ever tapped into 1/10th
    of his talent. His talent was enormous. There was nothing he couldn't do brilliantly.

12. Luvtemps

Thank you,that's what I'm talking about..if I'm not mistaken I believe Mr.Price was a Shakespearian trained actor.

Richard--W likes this.
  13. Solitaire1

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to send Dr. Phibes to deal with the person who said that?

14. Solitaire1

When it comes to the original Mad Hatter then McDowell would be perfect. As the second Mad Hatter (played by David Wayne), I don't think it would work.

BTW, in the comics the original Mad Hatter made a return and said he had dealt the fake Mad Hatter.

15. Indeed - quite the contrary! I mean, with modern tech, Price should be dubbed into movies that could be enlivened or made utterly surreal by his presence. A Hard Day’s Night, starring the Beatles and Vincent Price, perhaps? :D

16. Johnny Action

Johnny Action Forum President

17. Big fan. Yes he hams it up sometimes but usually when he does it’s appropriate and works. Want to see a marvelous restrained performance? The Last Man On Earth.

18. He can play anew character-John’s uncle. He’s very clean too.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  19. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Last Man on Earth is available free, legal streaming in good quality at internet archive - sorry forum won't correctly post the link to it, just google it and choose the version that has HD in the name

Shawn and wayneklein like this.
  20. porieux

porieux plook me now you savage rascal

Loved his work with Michael Jackson

BusNoise likes this.
  21. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

One of my favorite movies with Price is House Of Usher. The plot defies intelligent analysis but Price's exquisitely subtle performance (and shocking blond coiffure) make for an outstanding entry into the series of Poe rip-offs Roger Corman created. I saw it for the first time when I was in my late thirties and even then it made me jump a couple of times! :laugh:

Another perennial favorite performance is Price as Baka in The Ten Commandments. His presence on screen is every bit the equal of Charlton Heston.

22. BusNoise

BusNoise Forum Resident

He was good on Thriller

23. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

The Whales of August. Great film, great performances all around.

24. jbmcb

jbmcb Forum Resident

My wife made his pumpkin pie recipe yesterday. It calls for more mace and less cinnamon. Not a fan, as it's more savory than sweet.

However, I like him in pretty much any movie he's in. Even those terrible old William Castle movies are watchable mainly because of him.

25. A still from Dragonwyck:
    [​IMG]

Karnak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.