Grateful Dead Dave’s Picks 2019 Subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dtuck90, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wabrit

wabrit from gardens where we feel secure

After the clusterfunk that was overseas delivery of DP#31, I asked dead.net to make sure the last item in my 2019 subscription order was delivered to my shipito US address.

Eventually the reply came back - "no problem!".

Then when DP#32 was released they used a courier to send it to my UK address.

Bah.

budwhite, US Blues and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. Jackstraw78

Jackstraw78 Forum Resident

Really? What did they tell you? When I called they just said, we'll create a ticket, and they'll get back to you in a week or so. What a joke.

Erik B. likes this.
  3. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

I explained my situation (pre-ordered Giants LP set still hadn't shipped as of Nov 14), told them that they had 2 options, ship now or refund me. The CSR went to speak to their manager "Mack", "Mack" was unavailable but later that day I got an email from Dr.Rhino saying that he was personally going to ship the LP set that day, it arrived 2 days later.

budwhite, US Blues and Jackstraw78 like this.
  4. Doggiedogma

Doggiedogma "Think this is enough?" "Uhh - nah. Go for broke."

I couldn't decide if I wanted/needed more Dead; who was I kidding? I waited until the final minute and re-upped. Bring out your Dead!

5. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

Membership has its rewards.

6. TwoJokersInEveryPack

TwoJokersInEveryPack Forum Resident

Dave's Picks Vol. 32 Arrived here today: first positive story for the Warner Music Group in a while, after Vol. 31, Woodstock and Giants (the last is still unresolved).

Mind you, I haven't had time to listen yet, so there could still be issues. We shall see.

US Blues, SJR and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. martinb4

martinb4 Forum Resident

I’ve been waiting to buy the RFK box for a while now but every time I think about it I remember this thread.

8. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

And its consequences.

9. Small Fish

Small Fish Forum Resident

No. 18050 has arrived here. Faith restored for now....

US Blues and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

So I finally got a response from my email to dead.net. "We'll add it to our replacement list and it will take 6-8 weeks".

Umm... It's not a replacement. Why did you not ship it in the first place? What's going on here? 6-8 weeks? Why so long, it only takes a week to being with...

11. trd

trd Forum Resident

Mine finally showed up 61 days after I ordered it, no shipping notice ever sent

It’s a good box though!

12. Dr. Luther's Assistant

Dr. Luther's Assistant dancing about architecture

Ordered it October 18th.
    Nuthin', as of yet.

martinb4 and trd like this.
  13. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

I ordered the PNW box on Aug. 30. Still waiting. I have e-mailed Dr. Rhino at least 4 times.

Erik B. and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. Dr. Luther's Assistant

Dr. Luther's Assistant dancing about architecture

That's just ridiculous.

Erik B., wabrit, AlienRendel and 5 others like this.
  15. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

Me too! This whole "warehouse move" situation is ridiculous. I'm still waiting on Dave's Pick 32 — it was shipped 2/11 with no known carrier and no tracking number. When I queried Dead.net how I was going to know when it was going to arrive I was told if it didn't arrive by 6/12 to contact them again!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. Some excerpts from an email we just got about an outstanding order:

"It has always been, and always will be, our mission to provide the best service to the fans of our artists. However, due to a complex warehouse move we now have a significant backlog of both customer inquiries and shipments, and as a result we haven’t been able to deliver at the level that we pride ourselves on....

We wish we had been able to have communicated this to you sooner, but we had relied on assurances from our warehouse partner that they would be able to quickly resolve the backlog of orders, and they haven’t been able to honor this commitment. We must again apologize for this delay in reaching out to you...."

Looks like the warehouse has now been thrown under the proverbial bus.

KCWhistle, Matthew Tate and US Blues like this.
  17. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

I got the same response.

Matthew Tate and Blue Note like this.
  18. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

“Warehouse partner” is a scary phrase. They have outsourced their warehouse and shipping. This is the problem. They no longer have any direct control.

19. TwoJokersInEveryPack

TwoJokersInEveryPack Forum Resident

I had the same response too: The box of my Giants set was damaged, so I put in an e-mail. It looks like they are hoping to weed out all the complaints about slow deliveries by resetting the complaints process, thereby eliminating the ones that have now turned up.

My Giants box still has a hole punched into the spine, which isn't going to be cured by re-submitting my complaint. And of course, no reply yet.

And I wish I was on here talking about the music... but no, it's still about customer service, for a while.

AlienRendel, SJR and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Yeah Im not redoing my sub. I am going to email and tell them why.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. Jackstraw78

Jackstraw78 Forum Resident

Sucks that dead.net is the only place to get Dave's Picks, they kinda have you by the balls there. Only thing that might help is letting them know this is not acceptable through the pocketbook, like you're doing. I might do a paypal dispute for this years Dave's Picks if I don't hear anything soon.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

When I spoke to a CSR last week I raised the point that I chose not to pre-order Ready Or Not because of the shipping/service issues.

budwhite and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. WaterLemon

WaterLemon Forum Resident

All of these shipping & order fulfillment stories are a complete nightmare. I don’t know if this would help, but maybe consider copying Dave L. on emails ([email protected]), or if you do social media try posting comments on their FB page(s) or tagging on twitter. There’s got to be a way to let the core of the GD organization know that their commerce contracts are costing them, well, at least the good will of long term fans.

24. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

My emails to [email protected] bounce back now, not sure if they blocked me or if it's no longer active. I don't have Twitter but I did tweet @ Dave Lemieux from my wife's account and got no response during that process...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

#32 is declared a winner in my book. I keep coming back to it, much more than the last few. Very nice!

laf848, Howard Bleach, adamos and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.