New Survivor ' Island of the Idols '

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Wildest cat from montana, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

:shh: I know some don't like to be spoiled so I tried to hide it under the spoiler tag but it didn't work. Maybe you or someone else can tell me how to correctly use the filter.

2. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I'd be down but only if it included Jamal for obvious reasons. :laugh:

3. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

I can barely manage to make posts and threads.

Manapua likes this.
  4. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Lol. If you notice my lack of an avatar, that should give you an idea about my tech savvy. At least I know how to post a video from YT.

5. Wildest cat from montana

Wow! Just wow!
    I just had the chance to watch the last episode and it was even worse than I expected it would be based on reading all the above posts about it.
    What a lotta nonsense about nothing , totally blown out of proportion.
    Having said that , it was a delight to see Kellee ( who instigated the whole touchy feely thing ) get voted out with two ( ! ) immunity idols in her pocket. Equally delightful was seeing Jamal get the axe especially in light of his pathetic attempt to exploit his Island of the Idols advantage.

Manapua likes this.
  6. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Yeah, Jamal was the architect of his own demise. And am I nuts or did his speech about harassment sound completely scripted? It just didn't come across as a natural conversation, seemed rehearsed.

7. Wildest cat from montana

I know what you mean. But everything he said sounded rehearsed or scripted or both. It all sounded phony.

Scotian likes this.
  8. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I was glad to see Aaron and Missy go last night - not that I like many of the others either. It was priceless seeing the 2nd tribal group gasp when they saw Aaron on the jury.

9. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

This episode was highly satisfying and the title "two for the price of one" couldn't have been more apt. I've been hoping both Aaron & Missy would go soon and voila! Aaron has been nothing but a smug d-bag from the get-go so it was especially satisfying to not only see him get the boot but he wasn't even given the opportunity to go off and lick his wounds. Nope, "Aaron, take a seat on the jury"......now! And there are no words for Missy derailing her ouster by whining that Jeff should have mentioned that two minority people won immunity the week before. He really missed a golden opportunity by not retorting, "Missy, the tribe has spoken. Oh and I just want to point out that indeed, tonight two minority people have just been voted out." I truly hope this is the end of the PSAs for the season.

10. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I liked that they separated the tribe & kept them separated until tribal council. That was pretty good. I thought they were trying to get something going about bullying but it never got much traction. Those soapbox moments bug me but other than that it wasn’t a bad episode. Rob & Sandra are probably laughing their butts off about the easiest pay checks they ever got.

11. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Very glad those two didn't get any further in the game. Instant Karma got them good.

12. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

And at least in the case of Missy, Instant Karishma! :laugh:

13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

seriously, the single biggest waste of time in the history of survivor. i think they know it too, very little screen time for the 2 of them the last 2 or 3 shows.

14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

my goodness gracious, karishma is still there.

screw that goat crap, get her off, she is a waste of screen time, i'd rather se rob and sandra....would i?

15. Wildest cat from montana

Delighted to see Alpha Aaron go down and have to sit immediately on the jury . And just as pleased to see Missy get the shock of her life. Earlier on I thought Missy would make it easily into the Final Five but she got on my nerves more and more with each passing episode..And what a dramatic exit !
    As annoying as Krishna is I' m glad she found an idol and didn't play it.There may be more to her than meets the eye.

16. Wildest cat from montana

Yes. I still cannot figure out what they're doing there really.

17. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Rather weird that the opening scenes with the tribe and then the immunity challenge all took place in the first 15-20 minutes. That left at least 2/3 of the show to deal with tribal. I'm beginning to wonder if these people just aren't giving them enough interesting moments to present to the audience. Then again, nearly every contestant voted out has claimed in interviews that lots of stuff that happened is not making it to broadcast. I suspect Elizabeth will go next since she pretty much telegraphed her alliance with Aaron and Missy at tribal.

18. Wildest cat from montana

I thought she was going to cry and/or pass out when Missy got the axe.

19. rjp

rjp Senior Member

unless something epic happens in the next month i believe that this will go down as the single worst season of survivor ever.

the whole concept is in need of an adjustment. keeping people like karishma and the old lady and voting off the stronger players for fear that just might win immunity is plain and simple foolishness, and it has become the norm of the last few seasons. maybe that is why the producers tried the rob and sandra thing, to try to change all that and just did not work.

they are in dire need of an all-winners season, as many that are willing to go, i don't care if there are 30 of them, let it last all year instead of splitting it half. and the hidden immunity idols have to go, and the shameless promotions (outback steakhouse) have to go and they need to be hungry again, and bug-bitten, and sleepless and running around with torn and frayed clothing. whatever happened to the one personal item? now they have bathing suits, changes of clothes and no one ever complains that isn't enough rice, they must be providing barrels full.

Rubberpigg and Scotian like this.
  20. Wildest cat from montana

It is kind of a drab season, one of the dullest. We'll have to see how it plays out.

21. Wildest cat from montana

No doubt about that.
    Each episode is an hour and of that hour almost 20 minutes is commercials. Subtract the challenge (s) time (s) and the tribal council jibber jabber and you're left with about 15 minutes of actual strategy and interaction amongst the players. That's 15 minutes covering three days.

22. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I can't point to when exactly things started to unravel but they did a much better job showing the player interactions and machinations in older seasons. And am I crazy or do these folks not seem to be losing weight as obviously as past contestants? Dan, Jamal and Elaine in particular look like they could go another 40 days before their skeletons start showing.

23. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Not to mention hair, makeup, personal grooming & hygiene. As I’ve said, Big Brother in an exotic location.

24. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Finally saw Aaron's 3 minute exit video on Ponderosa, not the combined Missy and Aaron. How did people put up with him for so long? Wow. Three minutes of him saying how awesome he is and he can understand being voted out because he can't stop himself from being so awesome.
    :hurl::hurlleft:

25. Wildest cat from montana

It must be awesome being awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.