Music Vaultz Vinyl Sale up to 50% off select Vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by azjvm05, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

Thanks for posting. I almost always find something when they have these 50% off sales. Last time I got the Sublime Box Set for $160 and the Stones mono box for like $140 or something like that.

2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

maybe it's because they didn't actually put much effort in to adding anything of value to the sale.

Strat-Mangler and noname74 like this.
  3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Yah it's a crapper IMO. Most of the items aren't even 50% off (they used the good ole "UP TO" clause) and many of the items are just coloured vinyl.

GentleSenator likes this.
  4. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

The Petty box seems like a decent deal with the discount, exchange rate and 15% off plus free shipping if you add something else.

5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Pre-ordered the Massive Attack 2CD Mezzanine Deluxe in February from Music Vaultz. This morning, they cancelled my order. Nothing like waiting almost 8 months for absolutely nothing. Amazon has had it in stock for weeks now.

Anyway it looks like the Mad Professor dubs are being released on their own LP now so I’ll just grab that I guess. Still super annoyed.

GentleSenator and black sheriff like this.
  6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Black Friday Sale

7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Davidmk5, black sheriff and Tjazz like this.
  8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

not really seeing anything of extraordinary value in this sale. i miss the good ol' days of MV sales.

Twinsfan007, riverrat and Guitarded like this.
  9. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

Hmmm...The Steve Miller Band reissue prices are pretty good (I know that the mastering is not great, but I can't seem to find clean pressings of their first two LPs), and I rarely see the Rodriguez reissues discounted.

Use code VAULTZVIP for another 15% off.

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i guess the soundgarden reissues are a good price. hard to vouch for where they're pressed, etc. as the discogs entries are some of the sloppiest i've ever seen.

11. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

Just received my order placed on Tuesday afternoon. Not bad!

12. FLF

FLF The insurgency began and you missed it.

Got my order today too. Got all of the Soundgarden colored vinyl and their live from the artists den box (colored vinyl version).

Each and every single one of them with bent corners. Unfortunately, I didn't notice on the single albums, but opened the live box set first which looked fine on the outside, pulled the shrink and...every record cover inside had bent corners. Not little dinged corners...bends about 1.5 inches in. Grrrr.

Inspected the rest of the standalone albums and sure enough, bent corners. The box it shipped in looks fine. I can't figure out how in the world it happened, but they used absolutely NO padding whatsoever short of a sheet of paper crumpled up at the top.

Really disappointed. I've had nothing but a good experience with MusicVaultz, so I hope I can reach out to them and see if they'll make good on their lackluster packaging.

13. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Word of warning. I don't look and listen to everything right away I guess through a back log of purchases. I went to play the Tom Petty Best of Everything box set I ordered in December 2019 a couple of weeks ago and one of the discs was totally trashed. Looked like whatever machine they used to press the disc had spit it out. One side is unplayable. I reached out to Musicvaultz and after a couple of emails they got back to me and said because of the passage of time there was nothing they could do about it, even though they are still selling the box set. Any suggestions?

14. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

That's a bummer. I've always had good luck w/ getting replacements from them, incl. usually not being asked to return the defective/damaged items. Maybe just be on the lookout to buy a replacement for that single LP & hopefully if you got a great deal on the box, it still won't total much. Good luck!

allbrosca likes this.
  15. hutlock

Depending on what Credit Card you payed with, you might be able to have them take it up for you?

Other than that, no idea. I get that companies can’t let people return things after a certain period of time though...

16. allbrosca

I guess. I emailed Universal Music. May try cc next but they may have problem with 6+ months too.

17. monte4

monte4 Senior Member

Sorry to say but I think you're SOL because of the time frame being so long. Any luck might be with your CC company.

18. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

Why would anybody honor a return after it sat there for six months? They need to have a certain amount of protection for themselves. I have a lot of sealed stuff sitting on my shelves and if I open something and it is warped, or damaged, it's my own fault for waiting. You snooze, you lose........

19. allbrosca

Thanks for your insight. How about standing behind what you sell? Is 6 months the right length of time> Their website sasy 28 days for returns. Half the time lately it takes almost 28 days go get the delivery! This isn't a little warp. The disc is trashed, Easily visible. Something definitely went wrong. I have learned a lesson! I am going through all my sealed records now and having a marathon listening session. Why does this always seem to happen with expensive boxed sets! Last one for me was disc one of the Kinks Mono Box Set which happened to be the last disc in the set I listened to. I didn't even try with that one, but did go out and buy a mono copy of the first album, but not the same quality.

20. hutlock

I think after six months they could make the argument that it is impossible to prove that they shipped you a warped record anyway. They could just as easily say back to you that maybe you left it in the sun or in a hot place and it got warped after you bought it. After that long, they have just as good an argument as you do really.

It sucks, sure, but I have a hard time blaming them on this one too. Hopefully the CC company can help you out.

superstar19 likes this.
  21. allbrosca

Thanks, but as I said, not a warp, damage.

hutlock likes this.
  22. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I just had to get PayPal to do a chargeback with these guys...they wouldn’t respond to multiple emails asking to cancel an item that had been released a month ago and not shipped.

Myke and Strat-Mangler like this.
  23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

univeral music nailing it on both sides of the border, nice.

noname74 likes this.
  24. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Putting aside your issue with Music Vaultz, the best favor you can do for yourself to eliminate having to return a warped record is purchase the Vinyl Flat and Groovy Pouch. It’s not inexpensive, but not way out if line either. It will pay for itself over time by virtue of the time, anxiety, and expense of postage you’ll otherwise incur dealing with the occasional warped record.

Bobsblkwax likes this.
  25. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Well screw them.
    From the outside this looks like it'd be a sale worth checking out ( thought the bumps were attached to a current sale ), then I come in, and it's Rhino all over again. Nooooooooooooo.

noname74 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.