uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. I Have Been Floated

I Have Been Floated Duke of Kirkcaldy Thread Starter

Big sale all week here. Has anybody ordered through them and if so how was it?
    uDiscover Music

2. JHC3

JHC3 Senior Member

My wallet hurts. Note, you can use the code UD20OFF for an additional 20% off on top of the sale!

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Abbey Road Super Deluxe is there for $76.99 so another 20% off is a great deal for that.

4. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

For you jazz fans, there are a number of Blue Note Tone Poet and 80th anniversary reissues that are discounted and another 20% on top would make them GREAT deals!

trd, superstar19 and GentleSenator like this.
  5. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

The Little Steven Rock 'n' Roll Rebel set is up for pre-order. With the sale price, free shipping and UD20OFF, it was $120 and change.

superstar19 likes this.
  6. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I'm having trouble getting free shipping to apply, maybe because I'm using the UD20OFF code too.

*EDIT* With a little more experimenting, it seems that if I have title Donald Byrd "Chant" in my cart, I don't get free shipping. All other combos I've tried allow me to get free shipping, and also the additional 20% off. Very weird. I wonder if "Chant" ships from an alternate location, or if is just some bug in their system..

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    superstar19 likes this.
  7. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

I nabbed a handful of titles including Abbey Road (single reissue) and some jazz titles. But agreed, this is a wallet hurting experience.

8. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

9. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

that one covers UMV overerseas ... i think , i know the links take you to the overseas site :) maybe a moderator should make a uk & U.S. header on the threads ?

10. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

That’s interesting. The OPs link takes me to the US site.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  11. georgepearrison

georgepearrison Long Time Lurker

Snagged the Abbey Road 4 disc box for about $62 and a vinyl copy of Misfits Collection 1 for $7. Thanks for the heads up guys!

12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

some actual good deals, surprisingly. the extra 20% off really makes it.

hutlock likes this.
  13. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

They have the Guns N Roses Locked and Loaded box for $279 but the extra 20% doesn't work. Still a good deal.

superstar19 and Juggsnelson like this.
  14. hutlock

Man. That Rolling Stones 1971-2016 box is a steal at $315 minus another 20% off if the coupon works!

15. hutlock

It might be a bug—they also have the album listed under Stanley Turrentine’s name as the artist so clearly there is something off.

16. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

It was this link from the other thread

The uDiscover Music Store

I loaded up my cart last week as they had some Amazing deals like $80 worth of vinyl went to check shipping & i think it was $140 to ship it as it was the overseas site :(

17. No Blue Skies

No Blue Skies Forum Resident

This price finally cracked the nut for me buying the Abbey Road SDE plus a Moody Blues LP and Every Picture Tells a Story! Many thanks!

18. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Your link takes me to the US site as well. Anyhow, the other thread is meant to be a Universal Music Deals thread for all territories. It makes it easier for us all if we keep deals to one thread. If someone is following a particular thread, for example Walmart Deals, they will not see the deal when someone starts a new Walmart is selling color vinyl thread. Same for Amazon, Pop Market, Deep Discount, etc...

Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  19. snowwhat

snowwhat Forum Resident

I was playing around with this last night and there seem to be several Blue Notes that don’t qualify for free shipping. Hopefully it’s a bug they can fix like you said.

20. floyd

floyd Senior Member

They have some great prices on Frank Zappa vinyl, I have almost everything of the new reissues for Zappa except Freak Out - I heard that one did not go back to original tapes so since I have a couple of original first pressings of that album I did not bother. For the Tone Poets that is indeed a great deal, I just bought 5 Tone Poet releases through the Blue Note sale (30% off) but this beats it by almost $5 a record. I am thinking about just picking up some of the few that I am missing just to have them.

21. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Damn, that discount code knocks the new Beatles singles box down to $128.80 plus shipping! Wish I’d waited a week! I thought I got a screaming deal at $162...

Lewisboogie likes this.
  22. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Coupon doesn’t work on some things, like Stones/Harrison boxes. Oddly works on the Abbey Road stuff, but NOT the AR pic disc...

23. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Since the deal will not work for you, member imarcq posted this in the Amazon UK thread:

Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

(you need to read the subsequent few posts as well)

The Rolling Stones: Studio Albums Vinyl Collection 1971 - 2016 (price = $201 in my browser)

Even if the shipping is 50 pounds (say $65 at current rates), you should still be better off, especially if you can get the 10% reduction imarcq mentions.

Price on the US site is $451!

Studio Albums Vinyl Collection 1971-2016 (LIMITED EDITION BOXSET)

superstar19, hutlock and Mike6565 like this.
  24. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

you don't know it's international til you checkout & the shipping is selected , i like the separate thread as i wouldn't buy from the U.K. site as shipping is double the cost of my order almost , which is a shame as they have better Deals , just like Amazon , amazon uk , amazon ca. at least i know what i'll be paying for shipping ;)

mrjinks likes this.
  25. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

I noticed all the Misfits records I always dreamed to own when I was in high school on sale! However my current grown up self just wasn't buying any Danzig today...but I did picked up a number of titles including Crystal Method Vegas...been wondering how this reissue sounds.

georgepearrison and hutlock like this.