Good deals on amazon.ca - Updated as deals are found (pt2)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 22, 2013.

1. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

And gone again. Hopefully will be back. I'm sure they are selling a lot of them.

imarcq likes this.
  2. japes

japes Senior Member

A word of warning about ordering the Rolling Stones box from Amazon.ca

I ordered the Stones box for $299 CA last Saturday (11/23). I received a shipping notice the next day that it would be arriving on Friday (11/29). Well, DHL tried to deliver the box today while I wasn't home but couldn't because they required a signature. The attempted delivery was caught on video from my doorbell RING and it appears that the warehouse in Canada simply slapped a shipping label on the box itself with NO OUTER PACKAGING.

Will DHL return to sender if I refuse to sign for the package? I imagine the box itself will be pretty banged up in international shipping and I have no idea what kind of shape the contents will be in, so I'm not willing to risk it under any circumstance.

I can't imagine how anyone at Amazon.ca would think this is an acceptable way to ship anything much less internationally.

imarcq likes this.
  3. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Incredible

4. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

It has happened to me. Worse, the shrink wrap was torn and they put it right on the cover. None of the LPs were damaged, but that sticker is never coming off. They gave me another 20 or 25% off when I complained. It was the Susanna Hoofs Matthew Sweet covers box.

5. japes

japes Senior Member

I’m refusing the delivery, hoping it will be returned to Amazon.ca and a new box is sent to me with the proper packaging for the price I paid.

Dennis Metz likes this.
  6. jazon

Wow, I hope mine doesn't come that way..I've ordered lots of box sets off amazon and never had one not in packaging.

7. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

I particularly like their cover of "don't spook the horse".

8. allbrosca

I see you caught my typo!

Kevin j likes this.
  9. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

In my experience, Amazon doesn't ship with DHL. Are you 100% positive you bought from Amazon themselves and not just another seller listing it on Amazon's website?

violetvinyl likes this.
  10. japes

japes Senior Member

Sold by Amazon.com.ca, Inc.

11. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

They might not ship DHL within Canada, but most of my orders (to California) come by DHL.

GentleSenator likes this.
  12. Dennis Metz

I hate DHL. They are using a courier that I’ve never heard of for mine.

13. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Good warning! I purchased the Beatles singles box last Friday from amazon.ca. With a price of over$200 CAD, I worried a bit about the shipping options. I seem to recall stories of some folks upgrading their shipping, then having UPS hit them with some high-dollar import fee (note: hasn’t happened to me yet!).

Anyway, I chose the cheapest shipping. Had a Dec 5-Dec 17 estimated arrival. No problem. Then on Monday, I got a new estimate: arriving Monday Dec 2nd. Then yesterday got another update: out for delivery (arrived before noon!), and this was likely my first good DHL experience. Delivered in less than four days!

The funny thing was: it was shipped in a wildly inappropriate sized box that was 18” wide, with those bubble air packs as its only cushioning. Surprisingly the box was fine - not even a corner ding. But you know what? When I ordered, I had a little worry that it might not be packaged sufficiently, so I ticked the box that said “mark as gift”. I’d almost bet if I HADN’T done that, they would’ve just slapped a label on it and shipped. If anyone else is planning an amazon order, I’d suggest the same approach.

14. jazon

I got my box today. It was inside of a box at least with 2 of those air bubble things.. like that would do anything. One slight corner bump but otherwise fine.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Dennis Metz likes this.
  15. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Nitemare. My OCD is kicking in already!!!

16. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

That sounds awful. Maybe you can contact them to pick it up again or return it to Amazon.

17. Dennis Metz

sennj, sonnyrock, sharedon and 3 others like this.
  18. allbrosca

I guess that's what happens when your weight is out of tolerance!

Dennis Metz and Simon A like this.
  19. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Dennis, Amazon orders you to remove this label. :D

allbrosca likes this.
  20. Dennis Metz

Unfortunately it’s not removable. What kind of idiot would do this?

21. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

Looks like it's a warehouse item, so all bets are off.

22. allbrosca

The same idiot who stuck the Canada Post mailing label on my Susanna Hoffs Matthew Sweet Covers box set! Which was also not removable. Phone and ask for a credit due to damage or return it! If you don't complain they will keep doing it.

slipkid likes this.
  23. Dennis Metz

I’ve complained about it every time, but this is the first time they’ve put the big sticker on. Oh well

24. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

In my experience complaining about this sort of thing to a huge conglomerate like Amazon has no effect at all. They simply do not care and can "live without" your business, at least in the respect of not wanting or being able/willing to change their packing or mailing procedures/guidelines (assuming that they even have any at all in the first place). You might be able to get a refund of some kind though.

25. Dennis Metz

I got the standard 20%. It’s not like they were giving this MoFi LP away

slipkid and allbrosca like this.