uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. No free shipping on two QOTSA titles I picked. Negates the coupon..

2. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I picked up 4 more Tone Poet reissues bringing my total to 15 out of the 16. I also got the colored vinyl of the 45rpm of The Band and Johnny Cash’s Unearthed which did not get the extra 20% unfortunately and ended up costing another $12 something in postage, I think total postage cost me $15 which is odd since they claim free postage if total is over $50 which I exceeded 6 times!

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Just curious: which Tone Poet did you skip?

4. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Cassandra Wilson a little sampling I did of it off amazon did not click with me - typically I go for female vocals though.

5. hutlock

That was going to be my guess actually. I really warmed to it after a few plays and it is an all-analog recording so it sounds fantastic.

6. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

This sale is pretty amazing with that extra 20 percent off and free shipping. Picked up 4 of the BN75s for about 11 each and Zappa's Ruben & the Jets for under 10. Also grabbed big discounts on Doves Lost Souls, Gomez Liquid Skin and Born to be Blue. Unfortunately I couldn't get free shipping with Hub-tones in the cart so I passed on that.

7. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Just picked up the color version of Nirvana Unplugged 25th for $26 shipped. The only other place I had seen it was from the Nirvana website and when I priced it out with shipping it was $46.

8. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I may just get it sometime then. Often I find things that have to grow on me a while end up being favorites.

hutlock likes this.
  9. hutlock

Not to pressure you but this current sale might be the best shot to grab it at this price!

10. hype

hype Forum Resident

I got that and a few others in there last sale and it is the definitive version of that album for sure imo.. Looks and more importantly sounds great.

11. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

I have the 2009 ORG BG but it got warped bad so I have been looking for a new copy.

hype likes this.
  12. hutlock

Thinking about pulling the trigger on the Coltrane 63 LP set for $58 but I’m wondering about the mastering, pressing quality, etc? I did a search here and didn’t come up with much... anyone here have it?

13. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I snagged the Zappa Halloween 1974 box for $61 shipped with the coupon. Thanks for the heads-up!

14. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I was looking at that too. Here's a review, FWIW

hutlock likes this.
  15. hutlock

Thanks! I went ahead and pulled the trigger... I really couldn’t pass it up at that price, and I have none of this material on vinyl. Free shipping too!

16. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I have the 2 LP version of Both Directions at Once and am happy with the sound quality.

hutlock likes this.
  17. Steve4578

Steve4578 Forum Resident

Great sale. Couple of days ago, I ordered some BN Tone Poets and 80 editions. Plus the Beatles singles collection. Wasn't gonna buy it, but at that price, it was hard to resist. I may have to go back and get some more tone poets, though.

18. Make sure you use the discount code, UD20OFF, for an extra 20% off. Example: "The Beatles Singles Collection", sale price $160.99 - UD20OFF = $128.79. They charged me CA sales tax, so my cost delivered $139. Still a bargain!

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

aside from a few of the BN80 titles bizarrely voiding the free shipping (i opted not to buy them), i was able to get a pretty nice haul. the 2xLP band reissue came out to be $20.

hutlock likes this.
  20. hutlock

yeah I got the 2CD version for $13.99. I do not see any rhyme or reason about those BN80 titles though. I had 4 in my cart and it charged shipping. Took 2 out and the free shipping was back, and that included the 5LP Coltrane 63 set. Doesn’t make any sense to me at all but hey, I’ll take it!

GentleSenator likes this.
  21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yep, 10 releases averaging about $15/each is a great deal. my first time ordering from udiscover, so i'm hoping i get everything!

22. sjmin209

sjmin209 Forum Resident

Has anyone managed to get free shipping? No matter what I have in my cart, I get charged.

23. hutlock

I did. I ordered the Coltrane 63 5 LP box, The Band ST 2CD set, Brian Eno Apollo 2CD set, and both volumes of Art Blakey Meet Me At The Jazz Corner of the World BN80 LP. So a mix of formats and labels and stuff and it just managed to come out free somehow. I had some other BN80 titles in there too and it was charging me but the Blakeys were fine I guess. None of it makes much sense to me!

GentleSenator likes this.
  24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yes, like @hutlock said. it was very frustrating for me to try and eliminate the item(s) that were causing the free shipping to be void, but i eventually did. had to go without two blue note records and a pre-order, however.

hutlock likes this.
  25. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I tried to do a 2nd order and got a message "this code has already been used".
    I also couldn't get free shipping to work as long as I had Donald Byrd "Chant" in my cart. Sounds like some other Tone Poets also triggered shipping charges.