Blue Note Store Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kaloman, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaloman

kaloman Active Member Thread Starter

Just received an email that the Blue Note Store is having a sale. Ordered me some Tone Poet at below Amazon prices!

10% off Wall Art
    30% off EVERYTHING ELSE!
    Free shipping on orders over $50

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Nice!!!! Thanks!

3. bresna

bresna Senior Member

How do you get this discount? I see it on their store's webpage but the prices are still full list. Also, nearly every Tone Poet LP is listed as "Pre-order", even though the title was released weeks or months ago.

RobCos02330 likes this.
  4. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

It appears that if you add an item t your cart, the sale price is reflected. 24.99 becomes 17.99 etc.

AnalogJ likes this.
  5. bresna

bresna Senior Member

But how do I order any of the newer titles when the button only says "Pre-order"?

RobCos02330 likes this.
  6. RobCos02330

I’m guessing, and hope I’m right, that the website is not managed, and that anything that says preorder is in fact readily available. :shrug: Fingers crossed of course.

7. JBryan

JBryan Forum Resident

The BN 80 series records are on sale for $17.50 (singles) and the Tone Poet series are $24.50 each. The sale price works for the ones marked as a 'Preorder' as well.

paulmock likes this.
  8. kaloman

kaloman Active Member Thread Starter

I also noticed the pre-order on some items I wanted. I took them as "back ordered" and figured I will get them when I get them. However, I just received a shipping notice that my order will ship by 11/24, so maybe they were in stock after all. We shall see.

hutlock and RobCos02330 like this.
  9. hutlock

Just ordered some stuff, including one of those sweet shirts (I went with the Hank Mobley Soul Station version). Thanks for the heads up on this.

paulmock and Dignan2000 like this.
  10. RobCos02330

Grabbed the two new Blue Note 80 Art Blakey live albums as well as Grant Green and the long sleeve tshirt.

Dignan2000 and hutlock like this.
  11. floyd

floyd Senior Member

anyone know how long this sale goes? I looked but could not find it posted

hutlock likes this.
  12. hutlock

Was wondering that myself. I’m very much hoping it lasts until my next paycheck because I have spent my limit for this one already and there are some things I want to grab for sure at these prices. I’m all caught up on Tone Poets but I’m still missing a bunch of the BN80 titles that I wanted. Fingers crossed.

paulmock and floyd like this.
  13. SJTM

SJTM Well-Known Member

Damn - picked up 5 Tone Poet series on Amazon at what I thought were great deals - about $28 each. Could have saved $20 bucks. Oh well, just picked up 5 more including Cassandra Wilson, Byrd, Turrentine, Gordon and Shorter. Gonna be a jazzy Thanksgiving...

hutlock likes this.
  14. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I just picked up 5 adding to the 6 Tone Poet Series I already have.

Sam Rivers - Contours LP (Tone Poet Series) 1 $34.98
    $24.48
    [​IMG]
    1 Lee Morgan - Cornbread LP (Tone Poet Series) 1 $34.98
    $24.48
    [​IMG]
    1 Chick Corea - Now He Sings, Now He Sobs LP (Tone Poet Series) 1 $34.98
    $24.49
    [​IMG]
    1 Kenny Burrell - Introducing Kenny Burrell LP (Tone Poet Series) 1 $34.98
    $24.49
    [​IMG]
    1 Wayne Shorter - Etcetera LP (Tone Poet Series)

15. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Am I correct with the understanding that the bn80’s are the same quality as the Tone Poets just not packaged quite as fancy.

16. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Thanks for this post, I just ordered 8 Tone Poet LPs!

hutlock likes this.
  17. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

Bump

18. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I have several of each and I think that's pretty much the case. Both series are mastered by Kevin Gray and pressed at RTI on 180gm vinyl.

The TPs are gatefold and heavier cardstock (I think); BN80s are just a standard sleeve.

I finally received an order of 3 BN80s from Target under their 3 for the price of 2 sale. Really nice pressings and masterings.

19. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Recently started collecting jazz, will pick up some of these!

20. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Nice Deals

hutlock likes this.
  21. hutlock

When I ordered I was given a ship date of 12/5, but then I got notice today that it was delivered. Very pleasantly surprised!

Guitarded likes this.
  22. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

For people living in the US or the UK. I was looking forward to ordering a few Tone Poets but boy did I underestimate the shipping costs. 8€ for a single record (standard shipping, don't even get me started on courier shipping) and you would think that it would get cheaper buying more. Well, a little bit cheaper but still not worth it. At first I had 6 or 7 records in my basket and finally I ended up buying nothing. Why is shipping records so darn expensive? I really don't get it. I had electronics shipped from outside Europe for less.

23. hutlock

It’s the same way heading back this direction, sadly. I’ve been in your situation many times over the last couple of years and I’m sure many others here have too.

fabre likes this.
  24. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

I know. The thing is I did expect that from the US store (ordering there doesn't make sense at all because of customs duties and shipping costs) but not from the UK store. Well, you live and learn.

Edit: There was a great deal on amazon.fr so I am glad I ordered 3 Tone Poets there. :)

hutlock likes this.
  25. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I ordered from them but have not received any shipping notice. They did send an order confirmation but nothing else. It is a bit frustrating as I see no way to get in contact with them. When the UDiscover sale started it actually had a much better deal on the Tone Poets and Blue Note had not shipped or given me any other status notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.