Cream - Goodbye Tour Box

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tuck1977, Nov 29, 2019.

1. lou

lou Fast 'n Bulbous

Having heard all these shows, I was pleasantly surprised that although supposedly Eric had tired of Cream and was disillusioned and disinterested in the repetitive endless jamming on stage -prompted by a bad review in Rolling Stone and his newfound obsession with The Band’s music - his playing throughout these sets is spectacular, he still has the fire that was subsequently lost with Blind Faith.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Currently re-reading Eric's autobiography, and I just finished this part of his life, and career.

3. fairies

fairies Forum Resident

Its a beautyful day today [​IMG]

4. MarcS

MarcS Forum Resident

Is it all possible they have better sound on the Albert Hall than whats on the DVD? If the sound on LA Forum and San Diego as a good as the recently released Spoonful this would be worth buying. The unreleased parts of the Oakland show are pretty much a hot mess though.

Matthew Tate and fairies like this.
  5. Jerry c.

Jerry c. Forum Resident

The terminology they use for RAH is different than the other shows. That kinda leads me to believe the audio is still taken from the videotape

izgoblin, Sean, oneslip17 and 4 others like this.
  6. granola

granola Forum Resident

7. FillmoreGuy

FillmoreGuy Forum Resident

He sounded pretty good on the Blind Faith album and with Derek.

8. JakeKlas

JakeKlas Impatiently waiting for an 8-track revival

Easy pre-order for me.

I do hope we eventually get some other deluxe editions like Fresh Cream, too.

9. Jerry c.

Jerry c. Forum Resident

Fresh cream has already been done

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Myke

Cream (2) - Fresh Cream

11. lou

lou Fast 'n Bulbous

That would be very unfortunate, and would likely make this a nonessential buy for me.

12. lou

lou Fast 'n Bulbous

With the dominoes, yes - I was not impressed with his playing/soloing on the BF album. But to each his own.

13. mgb70

mgb70 Senior Member

I’m SO glad this is coming out!

bhazen and fairies like this.
  14. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I have had such bad luck with everything that says mastered by Kevin Reeves that I am really scared about this. I want it but that mastered by Kevin Reeves scares me.

bluesbro, bruce2 and hodgo like this.
  15. Jerry c.

Jerry c. Forum Resident

Never heard of Kevin reeves. Now I’m scared..

16. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

It would have been nice if Eric could have staged a similar tribute for Jack, or at least participated in the one Jack's family organized (which Ginger was a part of).

17. JakeKlas

JakeKlas Impatiently waiting for an 8-track revival

Ha! This where something that might sound clearer in person, might not read right in text.

I already have the Fresh Cream release from two or three years ago. What I meant was I’d like more like that release meaning deluxe versions of DG and WoF.

JulesRules, ODShowtime, ARK and 2 others like this.
  18. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

Am tempted by Bullmoose's preorder but think I will wait to see when Amazon lists it on CD & what price they will eventually drop to. If Bullmoose had a preorder price drop guarantee I would order it now but since not I will give it some time, still 3 months or so away.

19. Myke

I'm trying not to pre order anything for the new year. I'd like to rebuild my nestegg again. Also, while I have faith in Kevin Reeves, and have several of his works...Ginger's drums are always more powerful on vinyl for me. Since that's not an option this time, I may pass. Again, there's plenty of time.
    * The reunion Blu ray...now that's how I like my digital Cream to sound. :agree:

boboquisp likes this.
  20. no time

no time Forum Resident

A long-awaited news, now I'm happily surprised especially for the Last Concert. FANTASTIC!!!!! :pineapple: :wiggle: :goodie:

All Down The Line and fairies like this.
  21. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Good to see Bill’s speculated release coming to fruition! After Fresh Cream reissue, I was guessing that he was working on box set of 1967 shows but it was the Farewell Tour instead!

The packaging looks similar to Fresh Cream Deluxe and price also seems reasonable. Bring it on!

22. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

This is an instant buy:cheers:

Sean, Matthew Tate and jay.dee like this.
  23. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

OMG - I thought Cream had been put to bed. This will be an automatic purchase. What a nice surprise.

24. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

Me in!

25. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member