Cream - Goodbye Tour Box

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tuck1977, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I completely understand your feelings. Not everyone has room for a big set. I like the idea of full sets, but if the set lists are the same, I understand how that can detract.

John Fell likes this.
  2. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. John D.

John D. Senior Member

smoke and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I don't think there has ever been a shorter time period between when I'm aware something exists and then ordering it on Amazon. I was listening to Badge in the car the other day and wondering why didn't Clapton and Harrison write more songs...

5. pexie

pexie Forum Resident

The other guy's reasoning? Mine was more of a thought bubble as to why this other vinyl edition of a completely different album was posted... Like, that's the same reasoning I suppose. I guess it would stand to reason that vinyl eventually would follow just like it did with the Fresh Cream release?
    Would you perhaps like to offer speculation as to why it wouldn't? Anything of value to contribute to this thread?

Waylon9 and Jellis77 like this.
  6. thenobs70

thenobs70 Forum Resident

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this release. But I would still love to see the March '68 Fillmore & Winterland shows released in their entirety too.

7. David67

David67 Forum Resident

Yes, yes, yes! Recently received Songs for Groovy Children and now this four CD box as well.

8. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

It WILL drop in price...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Turns out I was completely wrong, I must've ignored this release back in 2017, and subsequent conversations about it ever since, which I just saw in a search herein !
    Cream (2) - Fresh Cream

Probably because I own so many copies already, inc. a DCC vinyl. DCC CD, Atco mono vinyl, and of course the CD/BD box.
    In the case of this set, I'd much rather wait for vinyl.
    Cross this off my wish list.
    Unwatch the thread.
    Thanks !!!!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Jellis77 likes this.
  10. John D.

John D. Senior Member

My point was, people will pre-order it somewhere else in the mean time. If you really want to compete for sales, you don't wait weeks to drop the price, just my opinion.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Funny how the deep discount price w 15% matches Import CD price.

All Down The Line, jhm, ARK and 2 others like this.
  12. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Sidewinder43 and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Same owners.

16. goodboyfred

goodboyfred Forum Resident

Pretty sure that Passing The Time is the Ginger Baker showcase for his drum solo. Instant buy from me. Even though the set lists don’t vary much, there is always something new and different in their playing from night to night.

smoke, izgoblin, Umbari and 2 others like this.
  17. Jerry c.

Jerry c. Forum Resident

Why order 2 months in advance anyway.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

19. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Out of excitement. As long as it is with a retailer that does not charge the card until shipment date, there is no harm, and plenty of time to cancel.

supermd, SGR, andrewskyDE and 3 others like this.
  20. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Because the price is decent now and may go up closer to release date.

Or

If you don't preorder you can't complain that it has not shipped yet.

21. hiterss

hiterss Forum Resident

Sunshine of your love is already on Tidal, I'm not a Cream hardcore fan, but does anybody know if the song sound better than the one on the bootleg?

22. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

The multitracks must be still available and not stored in the New Jersey tape repository that burnt down. That explains all the remixed tracks on Those Were The Days (from the LA Forum and Oakland Coliseum). The Oakland Coliseum remix sounds better than the same tracks on Live Cream Vol. 2.

23. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

If its via amazon and if the price drops you'll get at the lowest price. To be honest the current UK price doesn't look that low but still, if they don't bill me now and await dispatch then there's no loss and only gain if price drops. Will keep an eye on price and if cheaper elsewhere can always cancel.

Sidewinder43 and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Wow really?

Even I as a tight fisted Yorkshire man think £36.61 is low, especially for four CD's and a big book.

25. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Being honest, i havent checked what the price is elsewhere - i just saw amazon price and pre-ordered. I guess you're right, might've been better checking the other sites too to see what the price is. I'm not complaining, just that early on amazon price usually can be uncertain. If thats the same price upon release i won't be cancelling my order.

hodgo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.