Tonearm Lifter for Technics SL-1200GR/G

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by vinylontubes, Mar 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just came across this. I figured there are probably few people interested in a device like the Q-Up for DD turntables. I haven't seen one until I saw this. The geometry of these kinds of turntables tend to be problematic. I like having the Q-Up on my Rega P5 if only to reduce the wear on the MC carts I've had on it. Anything to postpone the inevitable retipping is worth it to me. Somebody has come up with a solution for DD decks where the out platter ring tends to take up the real estate to properly place one of these devices. I thought this might be helpful to those that have just picked up one of the new Technics decks.

integrityhifi Canada

[​IMG]

2. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

Looks like a nice lifter

3. Would really like one of these for my Technics 1200G but at $299 will probably have to pass. Nice to know something's available though.

4. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer

I'd buy it if it was $2.99, but I can buy about 15 brand new records with $299.00.

495volt and Drewan77 like this.
  5. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

Nice! It's more than I intend to spend on my SL1210 but at least now I know that this gadget exist.

6. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

I use one of these for past 2yrs now and I really like it, it takes a bit of adjusting to find that perfect spot. Use a record with a minimal run out as a gauge for most of your records.......It's heavy based on its size all polished steel, uses a small dab of bluetak to hold it in place.
    I don't recall where I bought it, but did not pay MSRP.

Shawn likes this.
  7. Catcher10

It's designed to protect your stylus, whether you have a $200 or $2000 stylus, does not matter.Has nothing to do with records. So you would not buy a new amplifier for $500 just because you could buy 25 new records?

8. Do you recall what dealer you got it from?

9. Catcher10

Ha!! I got myself thinking and found the receipt. I bought it from Ivan Messer Legend Audio and Video, he runs AudioAficionado forum and runs specials occasionally.

Shawn likes this.
  10. Drewan77

Drewan77 Forum Resident

The image shows this in the same place as (those of us with) a KAB damping trough/paddle so apparently not compatible.

Personally I like the fact that an end LP side regularly & promptly encourages me up from my listening position (...as well as saving $299), no issue with extra stylus or limb wear in that case

...let's face it, even with a lifting device you have to get up and do it at some point anyway.

Wngnt90 likes this.
  11. I reached out to Legend Audio via email and Ivan responded that they no longer carry the product.

12. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer

I need an amplifier to play records, but not a lifter. With a limited budget, you gotta make decisions. It would be stupid not buying an amplifier and end up with records that you can't play. But I can buy records and play them without a lifter, as I've been doing for 30 years.

495volt and Wngnt90 like this.
  13. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

I wouldn't be without the Tru-Lift on my table. Worth every penny and then some.

Twinsfan007 and Shawn like this.
  14. McLover

McLover Senior Member

My preferred lifter for one of these Technics turntables is simple, it's my fingers used carefully. It's how real professional operators use one. I've been doing this every day since 1973 (and often on tonearms which don't have a cueing lever).

Wngnt90 likes this.
  15. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

LPs are not bad. However, playing 45’s ....as soon as you sit down, it’s time to get back up again

16. Catcher10

Correct, Ivan will pickup deals. On this one he went out and bought like 200 of them and offered a really good price, I remember they lasted maybe 3-4 days. He offers deals to AA members, I have bought WireWorld cables from him for good prices too......He bought a bunch of WW power cables I think the 7 series and I bought two of them for like $100ea, cheaper than Pangea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.